talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Watford 3-0 Liverpool - Saturday 29th February, 2020

football forum

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Matip came on the other night so not sure why Lovren made his first start since the beginning of December? 

Anyway, we cant blame all this on Lovren. Not one single player turned up tonight. 

I've long been a Hendo fan when others have give him no end of shit but ohhh... do we need him back sharpish. 

Hendo hasn’t had “no end of shit” for years now mate 🤷‍♂️

Of course Lovren isn’t solely to blame, but he was shakey and all over the place all game long. Shocked that he wasn’t carded for the amount of holding and pulling he was doing. He just looks a complete liability at the back and I dread seeing him in the team nowadays, even Van Dijk can’t help him. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well played to Watford. We looked off from the start. Apart from that small 5 minutes spell in the second half, before Watford scored, we were shit.

I don't want to put all the blame on Lovren, and the poor lad will get shit from immature Internet warriors, but not only is he not good enough he brings panic to entire defence. 

Hope, this serves as kick in the backside.

45 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

With regards to the break, the players that didn't have one in the summer needed it, they'll benefit in the long run.

I agree, but a break certainly hasn't helped us in the here and now. We look shocking, like our players are playing with lead weights in their boots. We dont look like we could beat Rotherham Utd, never mind winning the title at the Emptyhad. 

I'm going back home for the parade, it's all organised. Knew I shouldn't have tempted fate xD

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

No? 

Looked at fault for the third goal in leaving his goal like that. He also let a chance slip where Deeney could have backheeled the ball in when it was at 0-0.

But take that with a grain of salt. I wasn't focused on the match.

Just now, Inti Brian said:

Looked at fault for the third goal in leaving his goal like that. He also let a chance slip where Deeney could have backheeled the ball in when it was at 0-0.

But take that with a grain of salt. I wasn't focused on the match.

The first one with Deeney he spilled, but then saved Deeneys shot. 

The third goal, he had to run out as Trent passed the ball straight to Sarr, who was free on goal. 

24 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I agree, but a break certainly hasn't helped us in the here and now. We look shocking, like our players are playing with lead weights in their boots. We dont look like we could beat Rotherham Utd, never mind winning the title at the Emptyhad. 

I'm going back home for the parade, it's all organised. Knew I shouldn't have tempted fate xD

Be fine when we complete the treble on 30th may

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Watford > Olympiacos 

That's a tough one to call. Olympiacos are a constant name in European football and while not a great team still have a reputation of being hard to beat.

All I know is that today it was Watford > Liverpool.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Fair enough. Bare in mind Klopp has never lost a two legged European tie as Liverpool manager

That's a good point.

He also hadn't lost a PL game this season until today :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived