• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 1-1 Man Utd - Sunday 1st March, 2020

football forum

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I actually do think that's offside. It's so unlucky though.

To me it's not about De Gea being able to get it, but Sigurdsson is in an offside position and where he is is surely at least a distraction.

All a bit convenient though. I definitely think that's one of those you could bend whichever way.

• Subscriber
Just now, Machado said:

You'd be absolutely livid and claiming you were robbed.

De Gea was nowhere near saving that.

I'd be livid for sure naturally but has Sigurdsson's position, and what he's done with his legs not influenced the game in some way there? I can understand that one more than our game last week.

Problem with football is it's far too easy to rig it and get away with it. I could totally envisage that counting if it was the other way round.

• Subscriber

Didn't touch the ball, didn't impede De Gea's view, but yeah definitely offside. Fuck off.

We played well in that second half, both goalkeepers found some redemption with those late saves but Sigurdsson should definitely have buried that chance and not given De Gea a chance to keep him out.

At least we can look forward to VAR giving us two wins in the closing stages of the season when these things even themselves out over the course of the season.

Let's not get into the one where Maguire headed a corner away with both hands on Kean's shoulders and it didn't even get checked. Too nice from us not appealing for anything.

Needed to win that one to have a realistic chance of sneaking into Europe, unless we can go to Chelsea and win or win the derby but today was the best chance to get a win from this run of games. Really think we needed 5-6 points from these four matches to stay near enough in touch.

• Subscriber

Fine I'm sure by the technicalities of the rulebook that's offside but the bottom line is Sigurdsson made no difference to De Gea's ability to save the ball so for me it isn't in the spirit of the offside rule to disallow that goal. 

It's yet another case of goals being ruled out by a technicality instead of something unfair causing an advantage to the team who scored.

This over-sterilisation of football is eating away at the sporting element of the game. If Sigurdsson wasn't there it would have gone in anyway and it shouldn't need to be more complicated than that. If they could actually be consistent in these decisions you could swallow it easier but it's 100% nailed on a similar goal is scored next weekend and allowed to stand.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Fine I'm sure by the technicalities of the rulebook that's offside but the bottom line is Sigurdsson made no difference to De Gea's ability to save the ball so for me it isn't in the spirit of the offside rule to disallow that goal. 

It's yet another case of goals being ruled out by a technicality instead of something unfair causing an advantage to the team who scored.

This over-sterilisation of football is eating away at the sporting element of the game. If Sigurdsson wasn't there it would have gone in anyway and it shouldn't need to be more complicated than that. If they could actually be consistent in these decisions you could swallow it easier but it's 100% nailed on a similar goal is scored next weekend and allowed to stand.

Agree with this. This will gradually put more and more off football. I keep saying this but think back to your favourite ever goals and moments in football and think of it all going through VAR.

It's not right.

• Subscriber

Keane sat there saying this Everton side can forget about challenging top six after we've just pissed all over this bang average Man Utd side for the last 45 minutes. 

The league is total shite and this Everton team would be right in the mix if we'd started the season with Ancelotti.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Keane sat there saying this Everton side can forget about challenging top six after we've just pissed all over this bang average Man Utd side for the last 45 minutes. 

The league is total shite and this Everton team would be right in the mix if we'd started the season with Ancelotti.

Keane’s honestly such an overrated pundit and he should stick to shouting at children that come near his home rather than continue his hand at this punditry lark

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

You’ve had more penalties than any other team in the Premier League era. I’ll fight you.

That’s because the rest of the country plays football like it’s 1930 and has that same “I’ll fight you” mentality when our players are in the box.

FFS your first prem title the referee added 6 fucking years of stoppage time so you could get a winner against Southampton.

And now we’ve got City trying to follow in your footsteps as cheating arseholes. Petition to ban Manchester from football.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That’s because the rest of the country plays football like it’s 1930 and has that same “I’ll fight you” mentality when our players are in the box.

FFS your first prem title the referee added 6 fucking years of stoppage time so you could get a winner against Southampton.

And now we’ve got City trying to follow in your footsteps as cheating arseholes. Petition to ban Manchester from football.

You’ve also had more added time than anyone else in the Premier League xD

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

You’ve also had more added time than anyone else in the Premier League xD

I would like to see the stats for that... just so we have transparency you understand 

Don't forget to factor in Fergie time on top of that as well.... 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I would like to see the stats for that... just so we have transparency you understand 

Don't forget to factor in Fergie time on top of that as well.... 

We don’t need stats, just sign my petition to ban Manchester clubs from football 

I don’t think referees should be able to send managers off tbh. Now Everton won’t have their manager on the touch line for a match, and why? Because a referee is bad at his job and couldn’t handle dealing with making someone angry about this fact.

• The title was changed to Everton 1-1 Man Utd - Sunday 1st March, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived