talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup FINAL - Aston Villa 1-2 Manchester City - Sunday 1st March, 2020

football forum

Good tackle. 

Villa need to fuck off sitting back and just go for it. It’s a cup final, does it matter if you lose 1-3 instead of 1-2? 

Get in their faces, they don’t like that. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/02/2020 at 12:14, RandoEFC said:

Would love to see Villa win this even though it would fuck our European chances over. Man City are vile.

Can't see it though.

You don't want to be in the mid table losers cup anyway bud

• The title was changed to EFL Cup FINAL - Aston Villa 1-2 Manchester City - Sunday 1st March, 2020

An 'ok' final. It was always interesting at 2-1, but City didn't ever seem against the ropes for me.

Highlight of the game for me was watching Phil Foden. Great performance. You can tell how much he has learnt from watching David Silva.

Great touch, his weight of pass was delicate, always looks busy on the ball and rarely gave it away.

He would be ideal in that midfield 3 for England and on that showing, he's got to go to the Euro's.

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You'd have to win the European Cup for that claim to have any weight

The Premier League is the top bit of silverware in football  ..Liverpool are about to join the big clubs at long, long last :congrats:

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

The Premier League is the top bit of silverware in football  ..Liverpool are about to join the big clubs at long, long last :congrats:

The great teams win European Cups as well as League titles

it wasn’t a corner but it’s irrelevant when you can’t defend them anyway. Same again from Smith too passive too deep inviting pressure against a top 6 side. 

If we do survive I’d like to see him replaced as I feel it’s him and his management that’s let us down time and again this season. 

City fans were quiet, suppose they’re just numb to winning now. Their fans didn’t look arsed even, sad that tbh. Financially doped clubs aren’t all that it seems

4 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

it wasn’t a corner but it’s irrelevant when you can’t defend them anyway. Same again from Smith too passive too deep inviting pressure against a top 6 side. 

If we do survive I’d like to see him replaced as I feel it’s him and his management that’s let us down time and again this season. 

City fans were quiet, suppose they’re just numb to winning now. Their fans didn’t look arsed even, sad that tbh. Financially doped clubs aren’t all that it seems

Not sure what Villa fans expected this season to be honest. Come up via the play offs, did you expect to not be in a relegation battle? Weird

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Not sure what Villa fans expected this season to be honest. Come up via the play offs, did you expect to not be in a relegation battle? Weird

On top having players gone in and out of the club the last year-two years with little team cohesion going on...

8 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I forgot the game was even on tbh xD

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Must have missed that oneO.o

Google it :coffee:

Done it for you

1970 European Cup Final
Event 1969–70 European Cup
Manchester City Górnik Zabrze 2 1
Date 29 April 1970
Venue Prater Stadium, Vienna
Referee Paul Schiller (Austria)

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Don't need Google to tell me Man City have never won the European Cup:coffee:

1970 European Cup Final
Event 1969–70 European Cup
Date 29 April 1970

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

On top having players gone in and out of the club the last year-two years with little team cohesion going on...

Expectation comes with the club it’s sink or swim

9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

That squad was too good for the championship, we just had a dog shit manager in Bruce. After £140m spent  I expected 11-15th plus I make no apologies for wanting the absolute best out of Villa. Too many of our fanbase accept mediocrity that’s why we’ve won fuck all for 20 odd years. The owners are fabulously rich the structure is in being put in place I expect progress

6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I forgot the game was even on tbh xD

Evidently 

ED20EB89-F275-41E0-B636-E18266CB5711.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

1970 European Cup Final
Event 196970 European Cup
Date 29 April 1970

Cup winners cup

57 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You forgot the European Cup part :coffee:  ..so yes, we have won a European title but none of them compare to the Premier League, europe is half luck and bent refs

The European Cup not a.

Credit to Villa. It wasn't quite the walk in the park a lot of people expected it to be.

Feel sorry for Stones. Constantly in and out of the team and has been unlucky with injuries. Big mistake to make but I thought he recovered well as was arguably our best defender in the second half. Still feel his time at City will be short-lived as I think Guardiola is running out of patience with him.

Foden looked sublime. Nice to see him start in a high-stakes game and answer many questions that (non-city) fans have been asking of him.

Shame about Villa conceding a corner that wasn't actually a corner, but that's football. We all come a cropper to it at some point. I would feel more sorry for Villa if we didn't have such a shoddy conversion rate from corners. Can't remember the stat but it really is awful. All Villa needed to do was put in a decent defensive effort and it wouldn't have been an issue. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived