talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UEFA Club Coefficients

football forum

I rather enjoy keeping up with this list as it's UEFA's attempt to ranking the separate leagues. 

I do think that this year Russia is going to lose their 7th place standing (to Belgium) and thus lose the spot where their champion gets in Pot 1 of the CL Draw. 

After the group stages, Russia had all 6 teams eliminated. Their best year 15/16 will drop off after this year, and Belgium still has 2 teams left (Brugge and Gent), but both teams are likely to lose their draws in the Europa league. 

Any other interesting changes that could upcoming? 

image.thumb.png.be2e936c10c0df05ff09965af2a2d644.png

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I think last year I was looking to see how the coefficients were calculated and remember seeing this.

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/calc.html#details

There's also this little tweet if anyone is interested in a snapshot view

Back on topic, nice to see what one year of not enough Spanish sides in the semis did for the numbers.

• The title was changed to UEFA Club Coefficients
  • 8 months later...

Scotland will have 2x Champions League spots, 1x Europa League and 2x Conference League.

It also is looking likely from 22-23, there will be an automatical group stage spot.

Will make a change from the champions usually having to start in the first qualifying round.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 26/02/2020 at 11:58, Eco said:

I rather enjoy keeping up with this list as it's UEFA's attempt to ranking the separate leagues. 

I do think that this year Russia is going to lose their 7th place standing (to Belgium) and thus lose the spot where their champion gets in Pot 1 of the CL Draw. 

After the group stages, Russia had all 6 teams eliminated. Their best year 15/16 will drop off after this year, and Belgium still has 2 teams left (Brugge and Gent), but both teams are likely to lose their draws in the Europa league. 

Any other interesting changes that could upcoming? 

image.thumb.png.be2e936c10c0df05ff09965af2a2d644.png

Russia are in dire need of a great season this year, with 16/17 dropping off they'll be dropping from 8th to 14th. Losing an automatic Champions League spot, and having every team starting in earlier rounds. Belgium have already fallen down to 13th this season after their 16/17 has been wiped out.

Meanwhile Turkey, who were in the top ten for years, are in free fall and have dropped down to eighteenth. For a league with its reputation, and the calibre of players they attract, you'd expect them to be doing much better.

18 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Russia are in dire need of a great season this year, with 16/17 dropping off they'll be dropping from 8th to 14th. Losing an automatic Champions League spot, and having every team starting in earlier rounds. Belgium have already fallen down to 13th this season after their 16/17 has been wiped out.

Meanwhile Turkey, who were in the top ten for years, are in free fall and have dropped down to eighteenth. For a league with its reputation, and the calibre of players they attract, you'd expect them to be doing much better.

Russia is mostly awful in Europe. 

UEFA needs to merge the Dutch and Belgian leagues and move them ahead of Russia. 

6 minutes ago, Eco said:

Russia is mostly awful in Europe. 

UEFA needs to merge the Dutch and Belgian leagues and move them ahead of Russia. 

The Dutch are losing a pretty awful season of 17/18 soon (think Ajax crashed out the Champions League qualifiers that year), so will soon be challenging Portugal for sixth in another year or two. Although they always seem to have someone knocked out in their first round. (Was almost Feyenoord this year, who needed a last minute winner yesterday).

Will be interesting to see what impact the Europa Conference League will have on the mid tier nations, and whether if a few teams right it off completely only to see their coefficient ranking drop.

Archived