talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [24. Spieltag] - 28/02 - 01/03

football forum

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex was determined to leave without signing an extension and somehow believed that Bayern would be waiting - whatever the situation was then, his last three performances will have left him with no contract and no club for the future - he has really shot himself in every part of his body - not just the foot and, sadly, I cannot even guess where he will go next!

As for DW - some of the players have let him down, but his poor choice and selections will be his real problem and I'm not sure he can resolve those - particularly to a guy like Tonnies!

Watch this space! and wait for Wednesday and pray!

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Alex was determined to leave without signing an extension and somehow believed that Bayern would be waiting - whatever the situation was then, his last three performances will have left him with no contract and no club for the future - he has really shot himself in every part of his body - not just the foot and, sadly, I cannot even guess where he will go next!

He has already signed a 5 year contract with Bayern...

20 hours ago, Inverted said:

The chants should continue at every game until the DFB admit the game was handled incorrectly, and punish the ref, Hoffenheim and Bayern appropriately. 

They refused to play without any valid reason. Then once play resumed they refused to compete. 

That's matchfixing. Pure and simple. 

You put 100 quid on a 7:1, didn't you? xD

Leverkusen look a much better team than they did in the first half of the season, they deserve the draw at half-time. But I just feel that Werner, Schick and co will probably clinch the winner sometime in the 2nd half.

Schick has been excellent this season, he's a superb talent.

1 minute ago, God is Haaland said:

Holy molly. Neverkusen's offside trap actually works reliably. It rarely did when he was managing us. I guess our defenders were pretty inept.

The arrival of Tapsoba in January has really improved their defence, he has been awesome. They are much better at the back then they were because of him. But yeah, Bosz was a nightmare manager at Dortmund, he was the wrong choice for you lot.

Just now, Michael said:

The arrival of Tapsoba in January has really improved their defence, he has been awesome. They are much better at the back then they were because of him. But yeah, Bosz was a nightmare manager at Dortmund, he was the wrong choice for you lot.

I really liked Bosz and still do. He's a great character - friendly, calm and positiv - and last but not least a good manager, under whom we played the most beautiful football and to me that's more important than titles.

The main problem was that we didn't have an athletic #6 at our disposal. He really needed one, but was too stubborn to play a deeper sitting back four. Our displays against Tottenham examplify this best. Pochettino - who's known to be a great tactician - developed an antidote to Bosz's system. The first game we could have won nonetheless, if the referee had not gotten every important call wrong in that game, such as Auba's goal that was NOT offside for example. But the fact that we lost the home game against the Spurs and how we lost it, demonstrated that Bosz didn't have any plan B. This lack of tactical flexibility must have been the main reason behind his sacking and I can understand why our board lost believe in him. 

There were other problems, he is not to be blamed for, too. For example: We lacked a true leader. Most of our players were rather introverted and some of them having to deal with PTSD after the bomb attack on our bus didn't help either.

That being said, I'd welcome him back any day, if we had all the players we needed.

44 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

I really liked Bosz and still do. He's a great character - friendly, calm and positiv - and last but not least a good manager, under whom we played the most beautiful football and to me that's more important than titles.

The main problem was that we didn't have an athletic #6 at our disposal. He really needed one, but was too stubborn to play a deeper sitting back four. Our displays against Tottenham examplify this best. Pochettino - who's known to be a great tactician - developed an antidote to Bosz's system. The first game we could have won nonetheless, if the referee had not gotten every important call wrong in that game, such as Auba's goal that was NOT offside for example. But the fact that we lost the home game against the Spurs and how we lost it, demonstrated that Bosz didn't have any plan B. This lack of tactical flexibility must have been the main reason behind his sacking and I can understand why our board lost believe in him. 

There were other problems, he is not to be blamed for, too. For example: We lacked a true leader. Most of our players were rather introverted and some of them having to deal with PTSD after the bomb attack on our bus didn't help either.

That being said, I'd welcome him back any day, if we had all the players we needed.

Bosz was at Dortmund for only half of a season and results wise, Dortmund were terrible under him. They finished joint bottom of their Champions League group under him. They lost home and away against both Real Madrid and Tottenham. They couldn't even beat Cypriot side APOEL, drawing twice with them 1-1. They only picked up 2 points in their group and only finished above APOEL on goal difference.

In the Europa League they got past Atalanta in the Europa League in the Round of 32, but they got knocked out by RB Salzburg in the Last 16.

As for the Bundesliga, they went 8 straight matches in the league without a win, losing 5 of those 8 matches! That is completely unacceptable for a side like Dortmund! They lost to teams like Hannover 4-2!

Bosz did indeed lack tactical flexibility as you suggested yourself and this is a huge limitation for a manager. A manager at a huge club like Dortmund should be much more tactically astute and aware.

Bosz had plenty of time to buy all the players he wanted in the summer, so there aren't really any excuses on that front for him. Playing attractive attacking football is one thing, but if you are not winning and getting results, then it is pointless. Football is a results business and the best managers get results.

As for the bombing, that happened the season before Bosz arrived and I am sure there was ample time for the Dortmund players to get any help they they needed. I am sure that Dortmund would have seen to the mental health of their players if they needed it, they are one of the biggest clubs in the world. 

All in all, he didn't have much success at all at Dortmund, in fact his spell can only be described as a disaster. I can't remember the last time Dortmund lost more matches in the 1st half of the season, then they did under Bosz.

10 minutes ago, Michael said:

As for the bombing, that happened the season before Bosz arrived and I am sure there was ample time for the Dortmund players to get any help they they needed.

PTSD isn't something you can make go away by visiting the right doctor. Some people suffer from it until they die. In our case the PTSD might not have been as severe as what a veteran has to cope with, but it's not unlikely at all that it lasted for a year.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

What does it translate as @nudge?

"ÖFB (Austrian Football Association) & Liga: do not let yourselves get infected with the "son of a bitch" virus.
Against collective punishment and for 50+1 in Austria, Germany and everywhere else!"

• The topic was unpinned

Archived