• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Announce Hall of Fame

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
55 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think there should be only 1 inductee each year per position with several candidates.

Bet Bella Twins get in before Sir Alex. 

Seriously though, hate this idea. Plays bangs into the 'invented in 1992' mindset. If we absolutely need one, just use the existing one at the National Football Museum where all the other greats are housed.

7 minutes ago, tlr said:

Seriously though, hate this idea. Plays bangs into the 'invented in 1992' mindset. If we absolutely need one, just use the existing one at the National Football Museum where all the other greats are housed.

True. Things like this deserve nothing but contempt. Football history is not truncated by Murdoch's money.

• Subscriber

I just want to say I absolutely hate this idea. The Premier League is enough of an Americanised product already. 

If they do a manager and a player, though, it will be Sir Alex Ferguson obviously, then either Shearer or Henry. Many United players from the class of 92 could be contenders but if they're doing two people they won't go double United.

On 28/02/2020 at 09:14, tlr said:

This is how I feel. Seems pointless tbh

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Don’t we have a general Hall of Fame that includes the other 100 or so years of football in England? If we don’t, why? 

The aforementioned one at the National Football Museum in Manchester is the only one I can think of...

https://www.nationalfootballmuseum.com/explore-the-museum/hall-of-fame/

6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I just want to say I absolutely hate this idea. The Premier League is enough of an Americanised product already. 

If they do a manager and a player, though, it will be Sir Alex Ferguson obviously, then either Shearer or Henry. Many United players from the class of 92 could be contenders but if they're doing two people they won't go double United.

What does that even mean?

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Spike said:

What does that even mean?

Football clubs becoming franchises, not representing their local areas in any but the loosest terms, manufactured drama, non-stop senseless montages more interested in featuring soundbites from commentators to tell you "this was how Martin Tyler reacted" to remind you of how state of the art the coverage was rather than focusing on the emotion in the stadium, trying to turn the introduction of technology to help decision making into another silly little sideshow.

The list goes on and on. If you dont know what I'm talking about already it sounds petty and it's really hard to explain but football used to be a dramatic sport in it's own right in the UK, now the amount of false and exaggerated drama had turned it into something else. I can't comment on other nations but that's how it feels to me.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Football clubs becoming franchises, not representing their local areas in any but the loosest terms, manufactured drama, non-stop senseless montages more interested in featuring soundbites from commentators to tell you "this was how Martin Tyler reacted" to remind you of how state of the art the coverage was rather than focusing on the emotion in the stadium, trying to turn the introduction of technology to help decision making into another silly little sideshow.

The list goes on and on. If you dont know what I'm talking about already it sounds petty and it's really hard to explain but football used to be a dramatic sport in it's own right in the UK, now the amount of false and exaggerated drama had turned it into something else. I can't comment on other nations but that's how it feels to me.

Clubs can’t become franchises, it is a different league model. That sounds more like an issue with broadcasting companies, not the league.

Archived