Sevilla
Shakhtar
Copenhagen 

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Out of the above, I'd say Inter are the favourites. They have the league to contend with though. 

Sevilla have the experience but have been under-par this season so may come unstuck depending on opposition.

Not sure if Wolves can be classed as a dark horse but they've definitely got the quality to qualify - if they avoid clubs like Roma, Inter, Sevilla I think they could advance. 

16 hours ago, Stan said:

Tomorrow, 12pm.

Roma
Wolves 
LASK
Wolfsburg 
Leverkusen 
Basel
Istanbul Basaksehir
Inter
Olympiacos
Getafe
Salzburg/Frankfurt 
Man Utd
Sevilla
Shakhtar
Copenhagen 

Gutted we didn't make the draw.

Magically we're playing Leverkusen.

There are plenty of interesting matches in the next round. Basel will be a tough challenge for Frankfurt(yes, stop complaining it's a formality that we will be in the last 16!:D), but I am sure we will defeat them. Frankfurt should have another good run in the Europa League this season and hopefully we will do one better than last season and at least get to the final. That would be amazing!

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Michael said:

Inter vs Getafe will be the best tie that round.

Closely followed by Sevilla/Roma and Rangers/Leverkusen.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Inter vs Getafe will be the best tie that round.

Closely followed by Sevilla/Roma and Rangers/Leverkusen.

I think that there are several interesting ties in this round, the ties you mentioned plus the Olympiacos v Wolves, the Wolfsburg v Shakhtar Donetsk, LASK v Man Utd and of course our Frankfurt tie. 

In fact the only tie which doesn't have huge appeal to me, is the Istanbul v Copenhagen tie, but that should also be interesting in it's own way. As it will be interesting to see how a Turkish club does against a Danish club, with their different styles of football.

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Manchester United through there, good stuff. 

I am not so sure that Nudge would 100% agree with you there. Man Utd are favourites, but LASK are no pushovers. LASK destroyed some respectable sides in their group and they are bound to at least cause Man Utd a few headaches.

On 29/02/2020 at 06:50, Azeem said:

If Wolves outclass Olympiacos how would that make Arsenal look like :coffee:

Wolves are actually a better side than Arsenal right now, but Olympiacos are no pushovers. They defend deep as a team and defend well. Plus they have quick and dangerous strikers who can score on the counter attack. They are a team that is set-up to do well in two legged cup competitions. Having said that, I think Wolves should definitely beat them. Wolves have generally been excellent this season and they have a very strong squad with a lot of depth.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.c70b2724317fcd396687a796c88eeef2.png

Coronavirus: Wolves' Europa League tie at Olympiakos set to be behind closed doors

Wolves look set to play Thursday's Europa League round-of-16 first-leg tie at Olympiakos behind closed doors because of the coronavirus outbreak.

The Greek government announced on Sunday that all professional sports events for the next two weeks will be played without spectators.

Olympiakos will hold talks with its government and governing body Uefa on Monday before a final decision is made.

Wolves have sold 1,000 tickets for the match so far.

Greece's Ministry of Health representative Sotirios Tsiodras said seven new cases of coronavirus had surfaced in the country.

The total in the country has now risen to 73, Tsiodras said.

Italy, Switzerland, Morocco and Bulgaria have all said there would be a ban on spectators at their matches.

Uefa has joined the Premier League in banning pre-match handshakes between players and officials in all its competitions until further notice.

Also on Sunday, Formula 1 officials announced the Bahrain Grand Prix from 20-22 March will be held without spectators.

Greece reported its first coronavirus case on 26 February - a woman who had recently returned from northern Italy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51793965

• The topic was unpinned

Archived