talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Drive to Survive Series - Netflix

football forum

3 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Just finished the first episode, my dislike for the Stroll's has already grown. Arrogance is a trait that really gets under my skin and they have it in abundance, gutted that they were the ones to resurrect Aston Martin (as I'd have loved to support them). 

Said it at the time, but crazy how even with positive coronavirus cases people were pushing for the Australian GP to go ahead - total insanity.

Where did you see the arrogance exactly? I can see it with Lawrence, as he's a typical business man. But in what instance was Lance arrogant in this episode?

And yea, the Australia part was insane. People still being so close to each other etc. But you have to recall how little anyone knew about it at the time. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lewis gets a justified penalty:

"Well, I was always the kid others wanted to beat. And they couldn't beat me, so they found other ways to beat me." 

Talk about arrogance. 

That Valtteri episode was really good. Really showed how much they treat him as a number two driver. 

20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Lewis gets a justified penalty:

"Well, I was always the kid others wanted to beat. And they couldn't beat me, so they found other ways to beat me." 

Talk about arrogance. 

Name a multiple title winning driver that isn’t arrogant. I’ll wait.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

You can just fuck off.

Tell me where he was arrogant? Did you even watch of any of Drive to Survive Season 3? Didn't think so. So why are you in here? 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Tell me where he was arrogant? Did you even watch of any of Drive to Survive Season 3? Didn't think so. So why are you in here? 

Erm, that wasn’t even the question Thomas. 

Oh. And I’m on episode 3. Hope that’s ok with you?

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Erm, that wasn’t even the question Thomas. 

Oh. And I’m on episode 3. Hope that’s ok with you?

What was the question? 

And yea, that's okay. You can see how they basically treat Valtteri like a peasant compared to Lewis. 

10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What was the question? 

And yea, that's okay. You can see how they basically treat Valtteri like a peasant compared to Lewis. 

Erm, the question was name me a multiple world title driver that isn’t arrogant. They all have a ruthless streak. Including Vettel. Hamilton could solve world hunger and you’d be angry about it xD

Why would Mercedes treat Valtteri like their multiple championship winning driver? It’s quite obvious he’s number 2. Just like Danny Ric at Redbull. And Mark before him with Seb. It’s the same at all the ‘top’ teams.

• Subscriber

Lawrence Stroll is one of those douche bags who sounds like he read one of those naff "7 Keys to Success in Modern Business" books when he was a teenager, swallowed every last empty and narcissistic catch phrase it had to offer, and lived by it until he himself just became a walking, talking version of the book.

9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Lawrence Stroll is one of those douche bags who sounds like he read one of those naff "7 Keys to Success in Modern Business" books when he was a teenager, swallowed every last empty and narcissistic catch phrase it had to offer, and lived by it until he himself just became a walking, talking version of the book.

"You got me until 12:30" or "My plane leaves at 4:30"..... like people should be so happy that he allows them to see him for a certain time. xD

I liked that scene of the launch party where Lawrence arrived in the background, and Ottmar Szafnauer was all nervous and looked into the camera like it was a scene from "The Office". 

ottmar.png

Otmar properly turns into David Brent in the presence of Lawrence, you can tell that he's pretty terrified of him. 

I watched up to Episode 5 yesterday, interesting to see the dynamic between Danny Ric and Cyril once the move to McLaren had been confirmed.

As much as I don't like Vettel, the way that he was treated at Ferrari (even when you see the snippets Netflix caught) is disgraceful, you can tell it was a properly messy divorce. Fantastic that he announced he was leaving for Aston Martin at Ferrari's 1000th GP xD. Just a shame that he didn't deck his press officer who's arrogance is astounding.

Just started that Ferrari episode. Jeez, Ferrari is a bit like a cult with their rules and etiquette. I like how they told their drivers to not look at their phones during media activity, and the next shot is Charles on his phone while sitting with Netflix. xD

18 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Just started that Ferrari episode. Jeez, Ferrari is a bit like a cult with their rules and etiquette. I like how they told their drivers to not look at their phones during media activity, and the next shot is Charles on his phone while sitting with Netflix. xD

Yep, brilliant how they cut that xD. I liked how Charles basically said how it was too, "We get asked the same questions in every interview, so I already know Seb's answers". 

Ridiculous how they told Seb not to banter too (when discussing his helmet) because Ferrari were struggling on track, just backwards. 

Just watched Episode 6: The come back Kid. 

It was nice to relive Pierre Gasly's win at Monza, which is undoubtably one of my favourite moments in F1, even though I have been watching it since I was 5 or 6 or so. But I think Netflix really pushed the Pierre vs. Red Bull thing too much instead of just focusing on how great that win in the Alpha Tauri was. They also missed out on how great the podium celebrations were, with Pierre chatting with Carlos and Lance and then sitting by himself in disbelief. I really enjoy watching Drive to Survive, but some of the forced narrative and artificial drama sometimes ruins it. And they seem to focus on the wrong stuff all the time. 

Just finished "The Comeback Kid" episode, I love Pierre Gasly so much. It's a shame Horner can't hold his hands up and admit that he should never have been dropped, despite being in poor form at the time. 

Just starting the Haas episode now, here we go xD!

50 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Just watching the McLaren episode now, why are Netflix trying to push a narrative that Lando and Sainz fell out xD? They had a proper bromance until the end!

Just watched that too. Really cringy how they're artificially creating a drama story. Will Buxton with his narrative doesn't help sometimes. xD

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

Fake drama was why I stopped watching it after Season 1. Would you say there's a similar amount of it in Season 3 as there was in Season 1? 

Yea, maybe even more. The race cuts are the worst part. They suddenly show scenes or radio calls from completely different races. I only watch it for the behind the scenes stuff you get to see. The Haas episode was particularly good for that in Season 3. Günther getting spicy phone calls from Gene Haas after every race, then firing his two drivers, meeting with a sponsor who express their wish to have a German driver if they're going to support Haas. That episode was pretty good actually. 

Oh and the one about Ferrari. Seb announcing his switch to Aston Martin on the day of Ferrari's 1000th GP celebration. :D Maybe just watch those episodes. They're really good. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Yea, maybe even more. The race cuts are the worst part. They suddenly show scenes or radio calls from completely different races. I only watch it for the behind the scenes stuff you get to see. The Haas episode was particularly for that in Season 3. Günther getting spicy phone calls from Gene Haas after every race, then firing his two drivers, meeting with a sponsor who express their wish to have a German driver if they're going to support Haas. That episode was pretty good actually. 

Oh and the one about Ferrari. Seb announcing his switch to Aston Martin on the day of Ferrari's 1000th GP celebration. :D Maybe just watch those episodes. They're really good. 

Cheers, that sounds good. Will check them out!

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Cheers, that sounds good. Will check them out!

Even though it's pretty obvious: They're called "We need to talk about Ferrari" and "Guenther's Choice". 

• The title was changed to Drive to Survive Series - Netflix

Archived