talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

If they end it now this season would be wiped off the record  :8_laughing:  ..this current season would just get replayed next year or when ever it's clear to start it again, experts say this virus could be around for 2 years :o

People won't be in hiding that long mate. 

Good news.

I'm hearing the Euros will be cancelled till next summer. That would mean we have time to complete the season properly.

If it was up to me, I'd get this weekend's games out the way.

Only 4 PL fixtures next week and FA Cup. Postpone those.

Week after is an international break. Postpone all that.

Next round of PL games isn't till April 4th. Lots of time to put a plan in place.

To be fair, I would cancel a couple more weeks to give clubs a chance to regroup, and aim to restart the season in May. If we have to play Sat/Wed league games, we have to do that.

EFL can restart in May. Again, Sat/midweek games to make up time.

And if they really want to make up time, they could scrap the playoffs and have the 3 best teams promoted. Saves another 3 weeks at the end. If they want to keep them, so be it, just streamline time between the 2nd leg and the final.

Push the European competitions Quater Finals back to June, so they can be played properly, give everyone a 4/5 week rest and if it means restarting the new season in September, we do it.

Cancel the nations league and make up time in those slots.

20 hours ago, Lucas said:

If we're denied promotion now without actually bottling it ourselves, the dog won't be getting fed, the missus will be turfed out and I'll binge on drink and drugs faster than a Japanese racing snake.

Should be declared bankrupt and homeless by the end of the year, just in time for Christmas, where I jump off the tallest building in town as the bells ring for 2021 and die in my thirties.

Football, don't be a cunt. Please.

Its only a game mate :ph34r:

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

The team that holds the attendance record outside of Wembley is used to playing to no fans?  ..you must be the brains of the operation :ph34r:

Not necessarily no fans, more the lack of sound that your fans make (or don't make) is akin to playing in an empty stadium :D 

The only way I cna see this happening is that if

1. Liverpool are awarded the title
  2. No teams are relegated from the PL
  3. Teams in promotions spots are automatically promoted/playoffs
  4. Six relegations next season in a 23 team season
  5. The leagus return to normality for the 2021/2022 season

I dislike it, but it is the fairest solution I can come up with while sitting on the thunderbox

3 hours ago, Spike said:

I dislike it, but it is the fairest solution I can come up with while sitting on the thunderbox

This is a decent solution. However after 30 years and no parade, I think we ought to promote 4 teams and relegate United so as to make up for that.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This is a decent solution. However after 30 years and no parade, I think we ought to promote 4 teams and relegate United so as to make up for that.

Wasn't the league at 22 teams at one point anyway?

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Chile took all those steps during the protest. I wasn't sure if the 22/23 team league would work in such a corporate environment, but there's not much other solution.

Sorry Liverpool. Next year is your year.

A left-field idea has emerged in Germany with the Deutscher Fussball-Bund (DFB), the country's football association. Express.de report that there is a proposal for the Bundesliga season to be called off with no champion or relegation.

https://www.football.london/championship/brentford-fulham-leeds-united-coronavirus-17915571

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Done with football if that happens in England

No other way really. This virus is apparently going to hit its peak in June/July by which time the new season will be about ready to start. 

As I said in the other thread.. just scrap this season and start again when the virus has been dealt with.

Its shocking luck yet again on our part but what can you do? Just get on with it like with everything in life. 

Everyone knows we are the Champions of England anyway, even if it wont say it on the record books.

• The title was changed to Coronavirus & The Premier League

Archived