talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

Liverpool could be denied their first ever Premier League title should the domestic season be cut short by coronavirus. Jurgen Klopp’s relentless winning machine equalled a domestic record on Monday by registering a 19th consecutive victory, moving to within four wins of claiming the prize which has evaded them since 1990. The rapid spread of the virus has already had ramifications in Italy where several Serie A fixtures have been postponed, or been played behind closed doors, while next week’s scheduled Six Nations clash between Ireland and the Azzurri has been postponed. According the Daily Telegraph, there is no Premier League legislation in place relating to the season being curtailed and crisis talks would ensue were the Government to intervene and cancel all sporting events in the country for up to two months.

Denying Liverpool the title would undoubtedly cause major uproar but the Premier League would face a difficult decision were they to declare the Reds as champions and, at the same time, relegate the three teams currently in the drop zone. Newcastle United have already banned shaking hands between players and staff at their training ground, while Tottenham screened journalists before Jose Mourinho’s pre-match press conference.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/28/liverpool-premier-league-title-coronavirus-jurgen-klopp-12320842/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Here’s hoping xD

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CityTheBest said:

And they declare it null and void and give City the title for not spreading the disease? Sounds good to me. B|

I think there's a few titles from 2014 onward that should be declared null and void for financial doping, personally.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Not necessarily, some WUMing is brilliant. I loved that Scottish lad who had so many people up in arms. 

Weird World?

That guy was mental as fuck. Him and Voice of Reason were two of the most toxic trolls I've ever encountered on the internet tbh.

56 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Have Chelsea also been caught making fraudulent financial statements?

People are getting sued for saying we have mate so be careful ;)  ..the courts will decided if uefa have anything or not  and how much they will have to pay us in damages 

4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

All the right-wing press are genuinely hoping this happens, that's how anti-Liverpool the press is here. Jesus.

Interesting. What team do the Murdoch rags drum up support for? A lot of Liverpool FC alumni on the tele as well, Carragher, Rush, and Sousness come to mind.

On 28/02/2020 at 16:10, The Artful Dodger said:

He wasn't toxic, he was a laugh. Knew how to push buttons, people need to relax a bit more on these forums. I'd rather have toxic but intelligent than some of the terrible, shit posts we get on here.

I agree. It's why I've wanted Teso gone for the longest time. He's the most toxic user I've encountered on any website. Twitter, Facebook, Forums you name it. I can't believe people wanted him to stay when he was clearly a scumbag full of xenophobia, and homophobic.

Meanwhile I don't mind the likes of Happy Blue who we know are trolling for kicks. He also knows a lot but would rather take the piss. He's a friendly troll and isn't posting vile. I don't mind those.

Anyways I walked into this topic to say when Swine Flu broke out, they played the games in Mexico particularly behind closed doors. If we must cancel leagues though (which I doubt) give the title to whoever is in first. That's what they did in Chile thanks to the protests of last year.

Regardless of who you support and why this would actually be hilarious, Liverpool haven’t won a league title in 30 years? They’ve come close a couple of times but either fucked it or just bettered by who actually won it, have only lost one league game this season and are looking to win it by a landslide. Coronavirus ending the season rendering any achievements null and void would genuinely be hilarious, not just because of the back story behind this title win...but also because it’d mean the one season Leeds do enough to get promoted they’d be fucked too 😂

• The title was changed to Coronavirus & The Premier League

Archived