talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

On 28/02/2020 at 22:34, Spike said:

Interesting. What team do the Murdoch rags drum up support for? A lot of Liverpool FC alumni on the tele as well, Carragher, Rush, and Sousness come to mind.

Sky are without doubt the dominant force in the UK in terms of football analysis, opinion and broadcasting. Obviously there are papers that hold a bias against Liverpool but newspapers are old media that don’t hold the same power Sky do. Sky have always employed a host of ex-Liverpool players and would love a Liverpool title win. Klopp’s first final as Liverpool manager against Sevilla was drummed up as if he was Shankly/Paisley reborn and that was a Europa League final.

It’d be ignorant to ignore the anti-Liverpool sentiments amongst a lot of right leaning press but Sky have always done a good job for clubs like Liverpool and United. Clubs like Spurs could have legitimate gripes with them as Sky have always tried to sell off their players to bigger clubs, Newcastle another where Sky have often refused to accept the negative nature of Mike Ashley’s ownership.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Danny said:

Regardless of who you support and why this would actually be hilarious, Liverpool haven’t won a league title in 30 years? They’ve come close a couple of times but either fucked it or just bettered by who actually won it, have only lost one league game this season and are looking to win it by a landslide. Coronavirus ending the season rendering any achievements null and void would genuinely be hilarious, not just because of the back story behind this title win...but also because it’d mean the one season Leeds do enough to get promoted they’d be fucked too 😂

It’d be hilarious in the same way that hearing the news that everyone you know and love has died of AIDS.

If this happened, I’d probably completely snap and be forced to go on a killing spree.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’d be hilarious in the same way that hearing the news that everyone you know and love has died of AIDS.

If this happened, I’d probably completely snap and be forced to go on a killing spree.

Yeah I mean you may not enjoy it...but objectively it’s hilarious 😂

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah the seems like whole country takes this attitude towards us, but we’re the unbearable ones...

I mean most football fans are unbearable...go on twitter and it's a cesspit of American bollocks with people handing out "Ws" and taking "Ls". You lot were unbearable with the it's gunna be our year rubbish, United fans unbearable with their victim mentality of the ABU rubbish, Arsenal fans unbearable when they overstate the importance of the invincibles team against sides that have won domestic and european doubles and trebles...every team has something

But you cannot deny that any team that's had the history that you've had with not winning a league title in almost 3 decades, then essentially winning it by a landslide but having it taken away because of a coronavirus outbreak of all things would be funny as fuck, to add onto that Leeds United's story and them finally being good enough to win promotion back to the Prem...it would be like if in Cast Away where Tom Hanks finally gets his raft together, sees the boat, is just about to board and then a giant octopus appears and eats him for lunch. 

1 minute ago, Danny said:

I mean most football fans are unbearable...go on twitter and it's a cesspit of American bollocks with people handing out "Ws" and taking "Ls". 

There's nothing wrong with speaking differently.

But in general it's mostly just European football fans that are unbearable. One big reason why I prefer following South American football. It's not exactly perfect there but you'll find a lot less arrogance.

Just now, Inti Brian said:

There's nothing wrong with speaking differently.

But in general it's mostly just European football fans that are unbearable. One big reason why I prefer following South American football. It's not exactly perfect there but you'll find a lot less arrogance.

Flamengo fans seemed pretty fucking arrogant tbh

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Flamengo fans seemed pretty fucking arrogant tbh

But what I meant is that you will never see in South America people say "build a best XI between Flamengo and Cuiaba" and then have the Flamenguistas laugh at you for putting any single one of Cuiabas players. I've seen plenty of that for European football. That's mostly because it's the biggest and most followed continent at club level. Here in Peru I've met very decent people when it comes to debating football but reading FB comments of these teams, it's a bit different.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I can see the country being on lock down in the next 4 weeks and this season getting wrote off! 

Its okay if it happens in the next 4 weeks. That's plenty of time for you'll to lose two more games so we don't even have to put any effort in ;)

On 01/03/2020 at 21:55, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah the seems like whole country takes this attitude towards us, but we’re the unbearable ones...

Because the whole country is anti-Liverpool Tories, fucking bellends proper cunts who know nothing about football, i feel sorry for their birds

18 minutes ago, CityTheBest said:

Looks like it'll have to be suspended. Under those rules they'll have to give the PL title to the previous winner.

That would  be pretty embarrassing for City. Getting slapped around like a bitch all season and then being handed the title xD

City cant get handed it anyway, due to them being under investigation for being cheating bastards. If anything they could be stripped of last years title.

Pretty embarrassing to hope that the rightful winners get stripped off the title because of a force majeure. Guess some people need anything to lift their spirits because their own team is doing shite. :ph34r:

37 minutes ago, CityTheBest said:

Under those rules they'll have to give the PL title to the previous winner.

Tbf, that's probably still us considering you broke rules to bring in players in to break our points total earned by not violating any of those rules.

• Subscriber

I'd much rather the twats won the league which they obviously deserve, than have it bizarrely denied and have to hear about how unfair it was literally every day for literally the rest of my lifetime. If you disagree you don't know enough Liverpool fans (or follow enough Everton twitter accounts that retweet stupid tweets from Liverpool fans) to truly understand.

I can imagine it now, the year is 2031, Liverpool have won their eleventh consecutive title and #TwelveTimes is trending on twitter while Netflix are announcing a 30 episode docuseries narrated by Jamie Carragher on why Liverpool not winning the title in 2019-2020 was the greatest sporting injustice of all time.

If the season is cut short, Liverpool should be declared champions. It´s such a huge advantage, any other solutions don´t really make sense. 

In the case of Italy though, I think they should wait and when the crisis is over, Lazio and Juventus should play a final, could be in San Siro, to decide the champion.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf, that's probably still us considering you broke rules to bring in players in to break our points total earned by not violating any of those rules.

They have no evidence that will stand up in court so when we get the compensation money that will buy us more players :8_laughing:

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

They have no evidence that will stand up in court so when we get the compensation money that will buy us more players :8_laughing:

Yeah except emails from the club xD - your best hope is that you bribe people at CAS

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

That would  be pretty embarrassing for City. Getting slapped around like a bitch all season and then being handed the title xD

For health reasons the premier league trophy should not be moved from the Etihad to prevent the spread of the COVID-19  ..a dead bat has landed inside so the trophy needs quarantining for 12mths :ph34r:  

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah except emails from the club xD - your best hope is that you bribe people at CAS

They can not prove the legitimacy of the emails by the illegal hack, was the emails planted? doctored? it will not stand up in court and as a result UEFA will be taken to the cleaners by the 20k a day legal team we have working on it

• The title was changed to Coronavirus & The Premier League

Archived