talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

Fuck it all off. Start again next year. If listening to Brexit on the morning news everyday wasnt bad enough. Now the wet wipes have something else to cry about.

Honestly. 2 months ago half my facebook friends were politicians. Today they are all medical scientists.

'Everything happens for a reason blah blah blah'. 

'Its all in fates hands blah blah blah'

'God decides when he takes us blah blah blah''

All changes when something like this happens and everyone thinks they know how to sort it. 

Fuck off

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Seen there's a genuine suggestion within the Premier League for us to have to go through a qualifying phase to get into Europe while Spurs get their place protected xD I'd happily see us just pull out of all competitions if that went ahead and to be honest that would be me probably done with football.

• Subscriber

What really needs to be stopped isn't domestic football its continental/international football. As a country you can focus on containment in your country better than trying to control things you really can't. This season shouldn't be scrapped but UEFA should scrap the CL and then force a new format as @Dan suggested to run from Jan to Dec and then when Qatar comes around just swing it back around (as the final would coincide with it) while the domestic leagues just go on to finish their season by December and can even restart their leagues with enough time and lack of international/continental football commitments to get games done by May. As a result of this too, international football should be suspended till the health authorities of every participating nation can prove otherwise (meaning somewhere around Jan next year). 

6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fuck it all off. Start again next year. If listening to Brexit on the morning news everyday wasnt bad enough. Now the wet wipes have something else to cry about.

Honestly. 2 months ago half my facebook friends were politicians. Today they are all medical scientists.

All changes when something like this happens and everyone thinks they know how to sort it. 

Fuck off

Bizarre how you're wanting to fuck it all off at this stage

• Administrator
6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fuck off

Sounds like you need new friends. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I don't see Man Cheaty on that list??? Thought they had been a big club since like forever??? 

Thought you of all people would know given you'd have been alive back then to tell us :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Thought you of all people would know given you'd have been alive back then to tell us :ph34r:

I was already enlisted by then, you kind of lose track of football related stuff when you are being shot at on a daily basis... 

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

I was already enlisted by then, you kind of lose track of football related stuff when you are being shot at on a daily basis... 

Pfft. Couldn't you multitask?! 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Pfft. Couldn't you multitask?! 

I could have done but it took about 3 weeks before you had any news about what was going on back home... normally via letter or telegram, sometimes if you were lucky you might get a info movie short... they tended not to focus much on sports... 

9 hours ago, LFCMike said:

It's not about us really, that should be the easy part. It's what happens to Leeds, West Brom, Leicester, the other top four spot, relegation etc

While I agree with you, those clubs might need to accept things to go downhill. If this virus doesn't go away soon, it might need to happen. The stock is taking a crash and lots of people are going to (or already have) lose their jobs. This will obviously apply to football as well and it's not about being fair anymore really.

Obviously the same could be said about just making the season void and null which would affect Liverpool and not the others. 

• The title was changed to Coronavirus & The Premier League

Archived