talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Stan said:

Burnley assistant manager Ian Woan is one of the 6 that has tested positive for COVID19.

He hasn't played since 2004 to be fair 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, Stan said:

Aurier has apparently broken lockdown for the third time... 

He's a few sandwiches short of a picnic but we knew this already 

• Administrator

Jordon Ibe as well apparently broke the rules and had a hairdresser come to his house.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52740861

Bournemouth's Ibe has since deleted a photo of himself having a haircut.

Hairdressers will open from 4 July at the earliest in England, and people cannot have visitors at their homes under the current guidelines.

Bournemouth said they have launched "an internal investigation" and it is expected midfielder Ibe will face disciplinary action.

Ibe, 24, is not considered part of the first-team squad and was not due back in training this week.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Bournemouth's Ibe has since deleted a photo of himself having a haircut.

Thick as planks some of these players... It's actually an affliction that a lot of younger people suffer from that goes hand in hand with technology... like all those dipsticks that post pictures of their ill gotten gains and selfies holding guns being all gangsta talking about their life of crime and drug deals... Such attention seeking is always bound to have repercussions... That's why doing things the old fashioned way is sometimes better...

Least said and the less attention drawn to yourself the better.... 

I sometimes think that's why I have stayed with the missus so long, It's not love, it's fear, The fact that if I started again I might end up with someone who wants to stop every 10 minutes to take a selfie to post on facebook and that frightens the crap out of me.... 

34 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Thick as planks some of these players... It's actually an affliction that a lot of younger people suffer from that goes hand in hand with technology... like all those dipsticks that post pictures of their ill gotten gains and selfies holding guns being all gangsta talking about their life of crime and drug deals... Such attention seeking is always bound to have repercussions... That's why doing things the old fashioned way is sometimes better...

Least said and the less attention drawn to yourself the better.... 

I sometimes think that's why I have stayed with the missus so long, It's not love, it's fear, The fact that if I started again I might end up with someone who wants to stop every 10 minutes to take a selfie to post on facebook and that frightens the crap out of me.... 

So you don't love your Mrs? 😂🤣

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Expecting more players to follow suit

Nobody should be forced into playing football. But they also should not be paid. If I were one of these clubs I would be saying that exact thing. If you don’t play, we don’t pay. 

14 minutes ago, Rick said:

Nobody should be forced into playing football. But they also should not be paid. If I were one of these clubs I would be saying that exact thing. If you don’t play, we don’t pay. 

If you can afford to pay your employees then you should do so and not expect them to risk their lives 

On 21/05/2020 at 10:56, Stan said:

Jordon Ibe as well apparently broke the rules and had a hairdresser come to his house.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52740861

It seems like this was the final straw for Bournemouth who have made it public he will not be staying beyond his contract. I'm not surprised given the strong stance the bottom six have projected. Having a player break social distancing really does downplay the validity of their arguments.

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, Rick said:

39 minutes ago, Danny said:

If you can afford to pay your employees then you should do so and not expect them to risk their lives 

23 minutes ago, Cicero said:

For the record, Kante’s family has a history of heart issues. Kante also had a health scare several years back. 

Yes given the medical issues I don't think it's morally or legally right to just stop paying him? 

Depends what their contracts have in them but it's also up to the club and the player and has nothing to do with us to be quite frank. For all we know maybe they've already agreed he's going to be on a reduced wage for the time being? 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

For the record, Kante’s family has a history of heart issues. Kante also had a health scare several years back. 

You can look into basically anyones family history and find health issues, whether it be heart conditions, cancer, asthma etc etc. And anyway, he shouldn't be having physical contact with his family anyway, except those he lives with.

Why is Kante any different from about 95% of the population that are chomping at the bit to get back to work?

All Premier League players are tested for Covid 19 and im pretty sure extreme safety measures have been put in place by their clubs to protect the players. 

Driving trains means that I have had no choice but to carry on working throughout this whole mess. Simply saying "I'm not coming back to work" was sadly never an option given to me, neither was it for multiple people all over the world. 

Its a good job everyone hasn't taken Kante's attitude on working or the world would be fucked.

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

You can look into basically anyones family history and find health issues, whether it be heart conditions, cancer, asthma etc etc. And anyway, he shouldn't be having physical contact with his family anyway, except those he lives with.

Why is Kante any different from about 95% of the population that are chomping at the bit to get back to work?

All Premier League players are tested for Covid 19 and im pretty sure extreme safety measures have been put in place by their clubs to protect the players. 

Driving trains means that I have had no choice but to carry on working throughout this whole mess. Simply saying "I'm not coming back to work" was sadly never an option given to me, neither was it for multiple people all over the world. 

Its a good job everyone hasn't taken Kante's attitude on working or the world would be fucked.

So, just to be clear, you think Kante shouldn’t have the option? 

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

So, just to be clear, you think Kante shouldn’t have the option? 

I think he should get back to work and do what he's paid insane amounts of money to do yes. With players being tested regularly and the safety measures put together by clubs to protect the players, there's no real excuse not to. 

Or as already mentioned above, if he still refuses, simply don't pay him a penny. 

8 hours ago, Danny said:

Pretty sure these super rich supermarkets and retails could afford to pay employees who don’t want to risk their lives but they don’t. The government are doing so. 

Also, footballers are getting tested twice a week, in the safest possible work environment they can expect and all precautions are being taken on match days. The risk is next to zero for these players, yet they are acting as if they are frontline NHS workers. 

I’ll say it again; nobody should be forced to train or play. But if they make that decision then there should be consequences to it. 

8 hours ago, Stan said:

Depends what their contracts have in them but it's also up to the club and the player and has nothing to do with us to be quite frank. For all we know maybe they've already agreed he's going to be on a reduced wage for the time being? 

You have said this somewhere else already. If this is your line of thinking, then discussions over tactics, managers, players, transfers and pretty much everything else football related “has nothing to do with us” either....what’s the point of discussing anything in that case? 

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Rick said:

You have said this somewhere else already. If this is your line of thinking, then discussions over tactics, managers, players, transfers and pretty much everything else football related “has nothing to do with us” either....what’s the point of discussing anything in that case? 

Agreed. Time to shut the forum down :(

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think he should get back to work and do what he's paid insane amounts of money to do yes. With players being tested regularly and the safety measures put together by clubs to protect the players, there's no real excuse not to. 

This is along the Troy Deeney lines of decision making... All businesses have an obligation to 'shield' the most vulnerable among it's business to prevent them getting the virus, In Deeney's case it was about his son and in Kante's case it's because of a possible heart condition so why take the chance if you don't have too?? I am pretty sure we will be seeing more players opting out before the season re-starts and if there is a genuine health risk then that's the way it should be... 

Having said that I will say again that the testing levels, facilities, health checks etc at clubs are probably unmatched by anyone other than private health care or the NHS currently so you wouldn't have it any better anywhere else so in the event they don't find a cure for it anytime soon then what happens with these players ongoing is anybody's guess?? We have an employee at our place who has been put on the 'shielding' list and it can cover anything up to a year which is a long time and given that the clubs are not seeking funds from the government with regards to furloughing for example then if they wish to continue paying players when they are not playing is not any worse than them being on the long term injury list is it?? They still get paid no matter how long they are out and not playing... 

I know we love our football but we wouldn't be having this issue at all if they had made the decision to call an end to the season rather than trying to force it back for the 'good of the nation' Not so much for the good of the nation as it is for the money men who are finding their pockets ever increasingly getting lower on cash.... 

Biggest risk to a players safety are his team mates. They're the ones who will most likely bring the virus into the training camp.

I understand where Kante is coming from when he said Chelsea is full of dumb cunts so it's not worth the risk.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Pretty sure these super rich supermarkets and retails could afford to pay employees who don’t want to risk their lives but they don’t. The government are doing so. 

Also, footballers are getting tested twice a week, in the safest possible work environment they can expect and all precautions are being taken on match days. The risk is next to zero for these players, yet they are acting as if they are frontline NHS workers. 

I’ll say it again; nobody should be forced to train or play. But if they make that decision then there should be consequences to it. 

Most footballers have a. cut their wages or have donated large chunks to charities and b. the tax on their wages will contribute significantly to NHS funding currently.

The risk is clearly not next to zero if players are still testing positive for it. Players shouldn’t have to risk their lives or their families lives because they are well paid, nor should they be furloughed because their clubs can afford to pay them and the money they’re paid can go into worthy causes. They are not key workers, they are sportsmen essentially in the entertainment industry. There is no requirement for them to be working currently yet people want them to go out and risk it anyway? I’d say they have fair grounds for being pissed off at being treated like guinea pigs

• Subscriber

The desperation of Liverpool fans in this topic is evident for all to see. Considering what Liverpool is like as a city and the value of them, to be taking a very hard-line Tory view of withholding their pay etc is concerning. I don't think it's justifiable in the slightest. There is not a single chance you can guarantee the safety of these players from this virus at the current time. They should not be punished for returning to train or play under current circumstances, regardless of what other team mates may chose to do. 

• Administrator
Just now, Storts said:

The desperation of Liverpool fans in this topic is evident for all to say. Considering what Liverpool is like as a city and the value of them, to be taking a very hard-line Tory view of withholding their pay etc is concerning. I don't think it's justifiable in the slightest. There is not a single chance you can guarantee the safety of these players from this virus at the current time. They should not be punished for returning to train or play under current circumstances, regardless of what other team mates may chose to do. 

Also, maybe the players don't trust the tests (false positives? It's not unheard of that they've been around) and don't fancy taking the risk, especially given Kante's own circumstance of having a heart condition (or history of) :what:

Archived