talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I think it's to avoid the potential of crowds gathering given that Liverpool could win the title in those games. It's quite a realistic possibility to be honest. Although they can watch the match at home, they're probably just considering the likelihood of crowds gathering to celebrate when it is confirmed you'll win the league, and it is a 'when' scenario, not an 'if'. The routes can be blocked off but then the the crowds may still gather in front of those roadblocks.

It goes for any ground, to be honest. Block wherever you want but crowds still could gather.

It's what is at stake though - Liverpool about to win their first league in 30 years regardless of circumstance, people still want to celebrate.  

I get that there will be a minority who think they can do it, I think it'll be just that though, a small minority. It will be easy to move people on. I don't buy that thousands will turn up en masse

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Stan said:

I think it's to avoid the potential of crowds gathering given that Liverpool could win the title in those games. It's quite a realistic possibility to be honest. Although they can watch the match at home, they're probably just considering the likelihood of crowds gathering to celebrate when it is confirmed you'll win the league, and it is a 'when' scenario, not an 'if'. The routes can be blocked off but then the the crowds may still gather in front of those roadblocks.

It goes for any ground, to be honest. Block wherever you want but crowds still could gather.

It's what is at stake though - Liverpool about to win their first league in 30 years regardless of circumstance, people still want to celebrate.  

I work in Anfield. There’s not a cat in hells chance you’re blocking off every route to that stadium. 

37 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Deputy Chief Constable from South Yorkshire Police is behind this. Explains a lot. Merseyside Police happy for Liverpool and Everton games to take place where they should be

Tbf to the Deputy Chief Constable, he's been known to engage with fan representatives... including Spirit of Shankley. He should maybe look into revisiting engaging with fan representatives again to guarantee safety. Because otherwise it could very be taken as South Yorkshire Police pretending like they give a fuck about the safety of Liverpool fans by big groups of people and will build up further resentment against them.

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Man City v Newcastle, Man Utd v Sheffield United. Am I missing something obvious with these games?

Yep, if all goes to plan we could get into the top 10 with a win at Man City. Could be 10-15,000 going down there for it.

There is now only one Premier League club left who haven't refunded supporters tickets for this season. No prizes for guessing it is us. With all the staff on furlough no one to give people their money back in these hard times.

On 29/05/2020 at 18:04, LFCMike said:

Man City v Newcastle, Man Utd v Sheffield United. Am I missing something obvious with these games?

Lots of violence in the past and most recently for an FA Cup tie 2/3 years ago, big brawl in Manchester.

• Subscriber

Just remember, if you get a call from a track and tracer telling you to quarantine for 14 days, and asking who you have been in contact with, here's your list;

Klopp
Alisson
Robertson 
Trent Alexander
Wijnaldum
Van Dyik
Lovren
Milner 
Henderson
Salah
Mane 
Firmino

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Just remember, if you get a call from a track and tracer telling you to quarantine for 14 days, and asking who you have been in contact with, here's your list;

Klopp
Alisson
Robertson 
Trent Alexander
Wijnaldum
Van Dyik
Lovren
Milner 
Henderson
Salah
Mane 
Firmino

I've seen this message crop up over the weekend in three different Whatsapp groups.

Weirdly, all from United fans.

Not gonna lie, I'm desperately envious of Liverpool knowing they got them on the end of their rod at the moment xD

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I've seen this message crop up over the weekend in three different Whatsapp groups.

Weirdly, all from United fans.

Not gonna lie, I'm desperately envious of Liverpool knowing they got them on the end of their rod at the moment xD

A Chelsea fan sent it me lol.

2 hours ago, MUFC said:

Klopp
Alisson
Robertson 
Trent Alexander
Wijnaldum
Van Dyik
Lovren
Milner 
Henderson
Salah
Mane 
Firmino

Don’t fucking matter, Origi and the boys will still tear it up. 

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Do we know when the remaining fixtures are released?

Nope. Probably debating which TV company gets certain games.

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52904364

Amazon to air their games for free when season restarts.

Amazon Prime will make its four Premier League games free-to-air when the season restarts.

Fans will not need a Prime membership to watch fixtures on the online streaming service when the top-flight campaign resumes from 17 June.

Every one of the remaining 92 Premier League games will be broadcast live across Sky Sports, BT Sport, BBC Sport or Amazon Prime.

In total, 33 of those matches will be free-to-air.

Alex Green, managing director of Prime Video Sport Europe, said: "Like the rest of the country, we are excited to see the Premier League return to action.

"We will be making all four of Amazon Prime Video's additional fixtures in the 2019-20 season available free of charge; fans will not need a Prime membership to view the games on Prime Video."

In May, it was announced that four Premier League games will be broadcast, free to air, live on BBC Sport when the season resumes.

It will be the first time the BBC has shown live Premier League matches, and the first time the broadcaster has shown any live top-flight football since 1988.

Sky Sports will make 25 of the remaining top-flight matches free to air, including the Merseyside derby on the first weekend after the resumption - 19-21 June.

Five subs approved then. 

It would be interesting to see how the votes are going and who is for and against what, because I would have thought that this one would have been harder to get through than other suggestions. 

Fourth place isn’t sorted, four points separate 6th-11th and the Europa League places and four points separate 15th-19th. That’s well over the majority. With that in mind, if a team in the relegation zone win a game against another relegation rival thanks to a goal by Sub 4 or 5 and another relegation rival failed to beat that team earlier in the season with three subs, is it actually fair?

2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Five subs approved then. 

It would be interesting to see how the votes are going and who is for and against what, because I would have thought that this one would have been harder to get through than other suggestions. 

Fourth place isn’t sorted, four points separate 6th-11th and the Europa League places and four points separate 15th-19th. That’s well over the majority. With that in mind, if a team in the relegation zone win a game against another relegation rival thanks to a goal by Sub 4 or 5 and another relegation rival failed to beat that team earlier in the season with three subs, is it actually fair?

It’s more fair than just relegating the bottom 3 as it stands isn’t it?

No solution is going to be totally fair. 5 subs is probably to limit injury since most of the players, if not all of them, won’t be match fit in time for the season to resume.

Archived