• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53030146

Premier League players' names will be replaced on the back of their shirts with 'Black Lives Matter' for the first 12 matches of the restarted season.

"We, the players, stand together with the singular objective of eradicating racial prejudice wherever it exists," read a statement.

I hope a certain Liverpool fan doesn't absolutely lose his shit at this xD 

• Subscriber

What happens when the NHS Track and Trace gets onto this?

I'm guessing they can probably test the players involved in the match yesterday pretty quickly and if they're negative then they're good to go? 

But does that make a mockery of the Test and Trace system or is it okay for footballers to be exceptional?

• Administrator
7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm guessing they can probably test the players involved in the match yesterday pretty quickly and if they're negative then they're good to go? 

But does that make a mockery of the Test and Trace system or is it okay for footballers to be exceptional?

I've also heard that the player played against Spurs but those Spurs players don't have to self isolate, just carry on as normal. 

I find that a bit odd :what:

8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Good question, this is from sky sports:

Norwich beat Tottenham 2-1 on Friday, but players from either club who may have come in contact with the player will not have to self-isolate, as they are not deemed to have been in contact for long enough, according to Government advice.

Close contact is defined by the Government as being within two metres of someone who is a confirmed case for 15 minutes or more.

http://www.skysports.com/share/12006131

5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

How often are they testing players? Is it just once a week or are there tests taking place the day before/day of games, even these training ones?

Twice a week I think

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Fuck, imagine getting that thing up your fucking nose twice a week. Especially for a virus that does nothing to athletic young people 70%+ of the time.

I’d do it if I was paid millions and was going to be retired in my 30s without batting an eyelid

On 14/06/2020 at 11:34, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Fuck, imagine getting that thing up your fucking nose twice a week. Especially for a virus that does nothing to athletic young people 70%+ of the time.

I’d take a 10” glass dildo twice a week for that money. The extra 3” is because I’m in the Premier League now.

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

There's going to be a logo thanking the NHS as well. Both important.

Hmm yeah I've heard, a small logo on the arm that nobody will actually be able to see... a token gesture! BLM however is going to replace players names so will be visible to the watching world.

Both are important I agree but should be the opposite way around on the shirt in my opinion. After all, one of them saved hundreds of thousands of lives around the world (and still are), risking their own life during a global pandemic, whilst the other saw peaceful protests mixed with violence, looting, vandalism, assaults, attacks on police officers, attacks on white people and downright disgusting behaviour around the world, whilst totally disregarding social distancing.

It just feels like the NHS has been pushed into the background somewhat in this case.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hmm yeah I've heard, a small logo on the arm that nobody will actually be able to see.

Why will no-one see it?

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hmm yeah I've heard, a small logo on the arm that nobody will actually be able to see... a token gesture! BLM however is going to replace players names so will be visible to the watching world.

Both are important I agree but should be the opposite way around on the shirt in my opinion. After all, one of them saved hundreds of thousands of lives around the world (and still are), risking their own life during a global pandemic, whilst the other saw peaceful protests mixed with violence, looting, vandalism, assaults, attacks on police officers, attacks on white people and downright disgusting behaviour around the world. 

It just feels like the NHS has been pushed into the background somewhat in this case.

The racism issue is clearly very important to a lot of Premier League players given their backgrounds. That's not to say the NHS isn't. They've already done plenty for the NHS during the pandemic with the PlayersTogether initiative.

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The racism issue is clearly very important to a lot of Premier League players given their backgrounds. That's not to say the NHS isn't. They've already done plenty for the NHS during the pandemic with the PlayersTogether initiative.

So you agree the NHS has taken a backseat to BLM in this case?

Well I hope all the disregard for social distancing during these protests don't end up putting even more insurmountable pressure on the hospitals around the world or the NHS workers will once again have to risk their own lives saving all races.

Black lives do matter of course, but totally disregarding social distancing is just pure stupidity at a time like this don't you think?

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

So you agree the NHS has taken a backseat to BLM in this case?

Well I hope all the disregard for social distancing during these protests don't end up putting even more insurmountable pressure on the hospitals around the world or the NHS workers will once again have to risk their own lives saving all races.

Black lives do matter of course, but totally disregarding social distancing is just pure stupidity at a time like this don't you think?

Wasn't just BLM ignoring social distancing though, was it?

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wasn't just BLM ignoring social distancing though, was it?

Oh that makes it OK then Stan! Let's all just fuck it off altogether. In fact let's all go destroy local small businesses, attack shopkeepers, assault police officers, rip down statues, graffiti statues, and attack white people ... because other people are doing it hey?

Nobody has ignored social distancing on the scale of BLM Stan and you know it!

Archived