talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Still waiting on seeing who this 'leading medical expert' is. 

Oh Stan ffs come on. Do what DeadLinesman said and do a bit of research instead of being a pedantic knob. There's plenty of 'experts' that have questioned the whole handling of the pandemic and you know it. Stop being a dick.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Oh Stan ffs come on. Do what DeadLinesman said and do a bit of research instead of being a pedantic knob. There's plenty of 'experts' that have questioned the whole handling of the pandemic. 

Yeah but which is the one you've mentioned? Not being a pedantic knob at all. Genuinely would like to know. 

I don't deny there's plenty of experts that have had their viewpoint on the handling of it. I'd just like to know which one you've started your post with. @Burning Gold gave you the courtesy of being more detailed than I have been and asked the same. I don't see you answering him either. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Well done and that's good you're sticking to the guidelines. But that still doesn't have to pave the way for all the cynicism and rejection of them being implemented in the first place. In my humble opinion anyway. 

Ill say again...Restricting absolute everyone is doing just as much harm than good, its counter productive. Suicides and mental health statistics prove it for a start. But hey, fuck mental health, fuck young people's education, fuck peoples livelihoods, fuck peoples careers, fuck peoples social lives.. fuck everyone... except the few that are at massive risk of death from covid19. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Yeah but which is the one you've mentioned? Not being a pedantic knob at all. Genuinely would like to know. 

I don't deny there's plenty of experts that have had their viewpoint on the handling of it. I'd just like to know which one you've started your post with. @Burning Gold gave you the courtesy of being more detailed than I have been and asked the same. I don't see you answering him either. 

You actually want me to sit here and search for something I read?, just to appease you and BG? Really? Fuck me.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ill say again...Restricting absolute everyone is doing just as much harm than good. Suicides and mental health statistics prove it for a start. But hey, fuck mental health, fuck young people's education, fuck peoples livelihoods, fuck peoples careers, fuck peoples social lives.. fuck everyone... except the few that are at massive risk of death from covid19. 

Oh come on madlad ffs. Don't be such a pedantic knob. 

No one at all is saying any of these things. 

Do what @Burning Gold said and show us what research you have for your claims you made earlier... 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Oh come on madlad ffs. Don't be such a pedantic knob. 

No one at all is saying any of these things. 

Do what @Burning Gold said and show us what research you have for your claims you made earlier... 

So locking everyone down is a good thing then yeah? Is that what you're saying Stan?

It’s fine having opinions that are different to the norm, but if your opinion flies in the face of basically what any health professional says and people are actually dying of the virus... maybe it’s best not to spread uninformed views that might kill people...

9 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Excuse me? I never once said it was bad to protest that black lives matter? Don't make things up please.

Ive also not said covid is a scam, and I certainly haven't said it because of anything that might suit Liverpool? 

You say I'm an idiot but the truth is, I just have a different view on this pandemic than you. If that makes me an idiot then fine.

Maybe what does actually make me an idiot is that I still follow all the government guidelines, guidelines that I will openly admit I dont believe in. 

So thanks and fuck off.

Good on you for speaking your mind mate.

But the reason that governments around the world are locking down is not because of political correctness and an overreaction. It's because Covid run rampant in the UK would kill 500k hospitalise 12m, leave significant scars/ongoing issues on a portion of that 12m and cause the healthcare system to collapse. Putting aside the human toll of that its terrible economics. 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

You actually want me to sit here and search for something I read?, just to appease you and BG? Really? Fuck me.

Sorry but you can't spout all of that info claiming to be from a medical expert and then when asked who that might be or where it's from, go defensive as fvck and throw a hissy fit about it xD

Remember when I got the Liverpool/VAR official thing wrong. I posted on here. Got asked by you where was the info from. Posted it and realised I was wrong/assumed wrong. 

Literally same principle. Nothing to do with 'appeasing' anyone. Given how much info you posted about it, I really don't think it'll take you that long to find what/where you had got all those claims from. 

7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

So locking everyone down is a good thing then yeah? Is that what you're saying Stan?

To an extent. It's not so extreme as you make out in that if you lockdown it's a massive two fingers up to mental health, education, livelihoods, careers etc etc. It doesn't go from one to the other. 

Don't get me wrong I think the handling of the pandemic has been shite but I get why lockdowns have been implemented. 

10 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@LFCMadLad well first of all I shouldn't have called you an idiot so sorry for that.

You said when the BLM were protesting during the pandemic that they shouldn't be doing it. 

The stuff you have said goes against what experts have said. I'm basing my opinion on what experts are saying. Which is a sensible thing to do 

'Idiot' was about as kind as you can be, don't apologise.

• Subscriber

The reason for lockdowns was made eminently clear right at the start when that area of Northern Italy got completely overwhelmed. They were the first Western society to get hit, they had no idea what to do, locked down too late and got absolutely raped by the virus.

A tiny number of under 65s die from the virus but a much bigger number of them still require hospital treatment to make it through. Lockdowns slow the spread of the virus which leads to less people in hospital which means that there's the capacity to treat all of those under 65s (and others) who will survive the virus as long as they get that treatment. Go without lockdowns, you get loads more people catching the virus, which means more people in hospital, not enough beds, and the deaths of those who would survive with the right treatment had the hospital capacity not been overwhelmed.

I actually agree that when we look back at some of the things we've done and some of the precautions we took over the past year, we'll think that we lost our minds on some things, but I'd rather we were too careful than not careful enough because it's literally a matter of life and death.

I don't think anyone's stupid or an idiot for believing stuff they read or hear from people labelled as experts. There's a huge human temptation to believe a different side to the story. We've created this illusion as a human race that we're developed enough now to control everything, including nature, which is why some people want to believe that what's happened over the past year is either manmade or a hoax or exaggerated when in actual fact, it's just a reminder that we'll never be able to exert 100% control over what happens to us.

What worries me more is that there are still people who are well-qualified enough to justify calling themselves experts that are given a platform to spout their dangerous contrarianism. There's definitely plenty of healthy debate to be had over how necessary and effective lockdowns of different intensities are, but when we start straying into the realms of conspiracy theory stuff, that's where I think you have to draw the line, because that sort of misinformation can be lethal if it reaches the wrong eyes and ears at the wrong time.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

It's been almost a year now. This shouldn't still need explaining. 

People in most age groups are not at high risk from dying from Covid but they do all spread it, and the more people catch it, the more chance they spread it to older and more vulnerable people who then are at risk of dying from it.

If you want to be one of those people who says to the Covid stats every day "did they die OF Covid or did they just die WITH Covid" and make out that those people were going to die anyway, then fine. But if that's what you've been convinced of then you have to come up with another explanation of why 60-70,000 more people have died over the past 12 months than the average rate for the last 5 years or 10 years or whichever measure you want to take. It's not a coincidence that this number has spiked alongside the registered number of Covid deaths being in the region of 55,000.

A person might be called a leading scientist but if 100 scientists say one thing and then 5 other scientists get rolled out and say something else which is more what you want to believe, it's usually worth pausing and asking yourself why they're in the minority.

Well said mate :congrats:

11 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Fucking hell mate. Have you actually done ANY research into how they’ve been able to get this that this quickly? Literally any? Like how they’ve been working on a vaccine for ‘disease x’ since the Ebola outbreak of 2014? Have you heard of ChAdOx1? We’ve been extremely lucky that this has been a coronavirus similar to SARS and MERS. A huge stroke of luck has been this ability to genetically modify the antigens we want within the specific coronavirus. 

Genuinely though, I’m just sick and fucking tired of people that have absolutely zero fucking idea about medicine, medical training or just a general interest comment on a subject they’ve done zero research into. It just helps spread misinformation and fear. I’ve even had this conversation with my wife. It’s getting to be a ball ache. 

Same! I'm no expert, far from it. But i'm bored of having that same conversation with Kuntz. Some of which are my friends, which makes it painful.

30 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

We've got 5 players with covid now and 2 staff. The training ground is shut. Next game away at Villa on Friday. Expected that we'll ask for postponement. 

With three Villa players and a Newcastle forward in my Fantasy Team I hope you're forced to play Academy players that you've neglected for years.

2 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

We've got 5 players with covid now and 2 staff. The training ground is shut. Next game away at Villa on Friday. Expected that we'll ask for postponement. 

Might be tough getting a postponement, the Premier is taking a hard stance.  You can only get a postponement if you have less than 14 players and that includes your U 21 squad.

3 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Might be tough getting a postponement, the Premier is taking a hard stance.  You can only get a postponement if you have less than 14 players and that includes your U 21 squad.

Its been postponed already i think?

3 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

I think they had no choice when Public Health England shut the training ground down for the rest of the week.

Archived