talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

16 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Will Pep be judged a failure if they fail to win the Champions League?

By daft faceless Twitter dickheads, most likely. Though they’re the dregs of society and their opinions should count as highly as Boris Johnson telling people to stay at home. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

By daft faceless Twitter dickheads, most likely. Though they’re the dregs of society and their opinions should count as highly as Boris Johnson telling people to stay at home. 

And perhaps the City owners.........

31 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Covid has helped cement Manchester City's dominance, no club has benefitted more. I don't see a way back for English football, it's just tedious.

It can be tedious yet then you get upsets like this, I think this was the season before City did the treble:

On 16/01/2022 at 08:19, Waylander said:

It can be tedious yet then you get upsets like this, I think this was the season before City did the treble:

What Treble?  City never won the Championship League, so  no Treble.  You can't count the Mickey Mouse League Cup or the Community Shield nor Europa Cup.

I do agree that Covid and the effects on Premier League teams have shown that City's bottomless pit of money has seriously affected the competitiveness of the Premier.

7 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

What Treble?  City never won the Championship League, so  no Treble.  You can't count the Mickey Mouse League Cup or the Community Shield nor Europa Cup.

I do agree that Covid and the effects on Premier League teams have shown that City's bottomless pit of money has seriously affected the competitiveness of the Premier.

League, FA Cup and League Cup.

I see that as a treble as they all have several matches before a final or to win a league.

+ the Champions League would be a quadruple, for me,

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Arteta taking the piss now saying they’ve always accepted when other clubs have asked for a postponement. Fuck off ya Lego haired twat, didn’t they call for a fucking investigation into usxD 

Your clubs just as pathetic for getting a game called off because you didn't prepare for AFCON.

22 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Your clubs just as pathetic for getting a game called off because you didn't prepare for AFCON.

I agree but FSG are scum so I don’t expect ethics from them.

Guess I don’t from Arsenal or Arteta either tbh

• Administrator
4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

As I thought xD👍

What does the article say? I don't have The Athletic so if someone can paraphrase (don't paste the whole thing, they get funny about that).

It does seem odd to order more tests when the first lot required were negative? (unless there's a distinct/significant time between each testing round...). 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

What does the article say? I don't have The Athletic so if someone can paraphrase (don't paste the whole thing, they get funny about that).

It does seem odd to order more tests when the first lot required were negative? (unless there's a distinct/significant time between each testing round...). 

Summary: 

- Liverpool sent their players for PCR tests using a laboratory called BioGrad after a round of negative LFT's 

- Liverpool requested the postponement before the results from this testing 

- Liverpool conducted this additional testing because they were fearful of a second outbreak 

- Positive results were returned for 13 players 

- When these erroneous tests were discounted, neither the club or any of the other authorities in the process highlighted that development publicly 

- Klopp’s incorrect terminology (false positives) triggered the EFL into thinking it might have to open an investigation 

- Liverpool had no motive to get the game called off 

- Some Liverpool players were unhappy and frustrated they were unable to play in two games and were forced into isolation, away from their families, despite not having COVID-19

Basically the league uses a company that has a 2.4 rating on google and we’re now surprised they’ve done a shit job with the testing

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

See Gonzo's post. On your last point, the article explains that Liverpool were fearful of an outbreak after positive tests were returned after the Chelsea game. They did the same after playing Aston Villa (when Villa confirmed an outbreak) and that was when Van Dijk and Fabinho (I think?) tested positive and missed the Newcastle game.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Thanks both @LFCMike @Dr. Gonzo

It begs the question however - if there were negative tests already, why was there a 'fear' of an outbreak? 

Because of the time spent with those who tested positive in the dressing room, coach etc is how it was explained. Pretty sure a PCR picks up any infection earlier than an LFT which I assume is why they went down the PCR route

17 minutes ago, shut up said:

We had two covid cases

Yeah so not enough to not be able to put a squad out.

Leeds meanwhile have about 15 people in their normal match day squad before Covid and have put together a few youth sides.

Honestly all these clubs with big squads asking for postponements are a bit of a joke and the league and EFL are clowns for letting clubs just run circles around them.

Archived