talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Cos of the false positives, whereas you actually got a game postponed for injuries and Afcon not Covid xD

The reason matches are getting postponed is because of players not being available. Covid or not, that was the case. Wouldn't make any type of logical sense to say a certain type of injury counts but others don't. Not having players available is not having players available.

I'm not saying I agree with the rule but if you're gonna say play unavailability is the issue then this type of thing will naturally happen.

Personally I'd much rather they said, if you're not able to put a team out then you forfeit the match.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Both Liverpool and Arsenal have cheated. Liverpool for absolutely no benefit as they could do with being out of the League Cup. 

What benefit did we get from “cheating”? None at all. The same players are still away at the AFCON & our injured players are still injured. 

25 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah so not enough to not be able to put a squad out.

Leeds meanwhile have about 15 people in their normal match day squad before Covid and have put together a few youth sides.

Honestly all these clubs with big squads asking for postponements are a bit of a joke and the league and EFL are clowns for letting clubs just run circles around them.

Exactly. Perhaps we should be used as an example going forward now.

Our bench Sunday at West Ham.

We only had 12 senior players and we lost two of those senior players in the first 20mins of the game so on came kids to make their PL debuts.

Give or take maybe a couple, there won't be many squads as small as ours I'd have thought in the league. We've played half a season really without a striker and square pegs in round holes to cover.

A 15 year old has been sat on the bench since the Arsenal home game. Fifteen. And no he's not a mascot xD

So quite frankly, there is not a good enough excuse anymore. It's become a matter of who is out for said team, as opposed to how many, and the Premier League need to grow a pair and draw a line under it or the tail will continue to wag the dog.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, shut up said:

Because they're dodgy as fuck. The company, Biograd,  is based in Bootle and is run by Kenny Dalglish's daughter xD

Is that where all tests are being done? Or just this specific round of testing? 

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Exactly. Perhaps we should be used as an example going forward now.

Our bench Sunday at West Ham.

We only had 12 senior players and we lost two of those senior players in the first 20mins of the game so on came kids to make their PL debuts.

Give or take maybe a couple, there won't be many squads as small as ours I'd have thought in the league. We've played half a season really without a striker and square pegs in round holes to cover.

So quite frankly, there is not a good enough excuse anymore. It's become a matter of who is out for said team, as opposed to how many, and the Premier League need to grow a pair and draw a line under it or the tail will continue to wag the dog.

Overall you've under performed this season and are 15th in the league. Teams aren't gonna follow your example unless they have to. Maybe they should be forced to go about things the way Leeds have but if another option is available then teams are gonna take that option.

Called Liverpool out at the time. Should have been a 3-0 walkover to Arsenal at the time. Naming a side like they did against Shrewsbury in the 3rd round was less risky than against Arsenal in a semi-final, even a League Cup one. 

My thoughts have been confirmed then. The Premier League, which is well beyond broken, is an absolute farce and this seasons a bit of a joke. The last couple of years have really been shit for football. 

33 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Overall you've under performed this season and are 15th in the league. Teams aren't gonna follow your example unless they have to. Maybe they should be forced to go about things the way Leeds have but if another option is available then teams are gonna take that option.

I realise that but that was the point of my post.

Using our example to emphasise if we can cope given our predicament, surely anyone can, and the Premier League should be enforcing teams to play games or award the win to the opposing side.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

It's become a matter of who is out for said team, as opposed to how many, and the Premier League need to grow a pair and draw a line under it or the tail will continue to wag the dog.

1 hour ago, shut up said:

Two covid cases plus about 9 players out with injury, then another 4 at AFCON. So that's 15 senior players not available. It's irrelevant if it's a pulled hamstring or covid, if you're unavailable, you're unavailable 

Yet if Covid wasn't around, you'd be playing that game as the rule wouldn't exist.

This is why these rules need looking further and need to be properly laid out 

• Administrator

Rules are changing after next weekend aren't they? They'll be active from first GW in Feb for them to take effect. I suspect they'll just go back to normal. None of this 1 COVID case + any amount of injuries/absences. 

If you can field a squad, using any players, the game gets played. 

• Subscriber

Anyone else just not care who cheated or exploited the rules 'more' than who and just pissed off at the authorities for letting it happen?

I don't think there's many clubs out there who can be taking some sort of moral high ground here.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Anyone else just not care who cheated or exploited the rules 'more' than who and just pissed off at the authorities for letting it happen?

I don't think there's many clubs out there who can be taking some sort of moral high ground here.

This. PL are the ones to blame here. 

11 hours ago, RondónEFC said:

Nah, they’re all culpable. Fuck the Premier League for allowing it and fuck the clubs for being the horrible twats they all are. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Nah, they’re all culpable. Fuck the Premier League for allowing it and fuck the clubs for being the horrible twats they all are. 

Fair enough. I'm not saying don't criticise the clubs. It's this "my club might have cheated on these 7 occasions but your club cheated 9 times so my Dad's bigger than your Dad" bollocks that is absolutely pointless and beside the point.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I wonder why they have not used this free fixture week to allow teams like Spurs/Leicester/Everton/Watford to catch up on some postponed games?? 

Spurs and Everton have players going off to South America for their internationals. So fair enough if they chose not to. No idea why we're not playing Norwich. Not even sure if it was considered by clubs or League to be honest. 

25 minutes ago, Rick said:

Teams must have at least 4 positive covid cases to apply for postponements from now on. 

Can this season genuinely be taken seriously? Honestly? TAD was spot on about the precedent this nonsense would give. 

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Can this season genuinely be taken seriously? Honestly? TAD was spot on about the precedent this nonsense would give. 

Nope. Asterisk next to Man City's name. 

Archived