talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Was it Walker that filmed his bird getting licked out by his dog? No relevance to this, just a random thought that popped into my headxD

I think so. @MUFC can confirm, he was either there or has it saved on his phone.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luka Miliojevic was caught partying on New Years Eve.

Strip him of the captaincy I say. I don't care how Man City, Liverpool, Villa and others have chosen to discipline their players. We are a community club at heart and our best players have a standard to adhere to hear too and should be held accountable.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Strip him of the captaincy I say. I don't care how Man City, Liverpool, Villa and others have chosen to discipline their players. We are a community club at heart and our best players have a standard to adhere to hear too and should be held accountable.

Mitrovic at the same party too I see. This is after Parker self-isolates last week and while there was an 'outbreak' in the Fulham squad. 

Twats. 

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Picture of Lanzini, Lo Celso, Reguilon and Lamela at the same party too... 

20210102_103136.jpg

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Picture of Lanzini, Lo Celso, Reguilon and Lamela at the same party too... 

20210102_103136.jpg

I know "it'll only be the lawyers that get rich" in this scenario but I don't see what else the PL can do other than issue point deductions if this carries on. Its the only way these selfish idiots will learn.

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I know "it'll only be the lawyers that get rich" in this scenario but I don't see what else the PL can do other than issue point deductions if this carries on. Its the only way these selfish idiots will learn.

Agreed, should be an initial 9 point deduction for this sort of thing. Really hit them where it hurts. Fines really does nothing. 

I don’t think footballers should be made example cos clearly they’re not the only ones doing this, just these lot were stupid enough to take pictures.

But serious action should be taken, a slap in the face to people who gave up seeing family this year for the greater good even though the government fucked them around too, and it’s people who don’t have multi million pound houses to stay cushty in.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

The PL xD Bet 50p on a corner and you'll know about it but breaching government guidelines in a pandemic is just one of those things.

FA not much better either. 

Pathetic from both. Was a great opportunity to set precedent and show some backbone. Now just looks like they've passed the buck and not taken responsibility... 

• Subscriber

Getting out of control. We're all desperate for football to continue for some escapism during lockdown, but if the virus is out of control in so many of these bubbles, then there comes a point where you're only delaying the inevitable. You can turn down a 2-3 week circuit break now but if you can't then get it back under control the next thing you know you're looking at a 4-5 week cancellation instead. It's the same conundrum faced by all these locking down governments, the longer you leave it after you lose control of the situation, the longer you have to do it for.

• Administrator

If it can be proved that:-

- Sergio Reguilon
- Erik Lamela
- Manuel Lanzini
- Giovani Lo Celso
- Benjamin Mendy
- Aleksandr Mitrovic
- Luka Milivojevic
- any other player/staff member

have impacted on other players - be it the same club or different clubs - testing positive, they need to be punished due to the parties/group gatherings they had. And by punished I mean more than just a fine from their clubs. I know the FA/PL made their statements yesterday about passing responsibility on to the clubs but it's not enough, for me.

I think one of the above tested negative before NYE but can't remember which. It doesn't make it any less wrong that they decided to flaunt the rules while others suffered.

Archived