talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just wondering, if Villa have agreed for the Cup game to go ahead with Liverpool tonight, but then end up wanting the Spurs game postponed, what ground's do they actually have to stand on?

Technically it should be one or the other IMO. I think they seriously weaken their case otherwise, I'd have no sympathy for them and I'd tell them to play the game or forfeit points.

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I was just wondering, if Villa have agreed for the Cup game to go ahead with Liverpool tonight, but then end up wanting the Spurs game postponed, what ground's do they actually have to stand on?

Technically it should be one or the other IMO. I think they seriously weaken their case otherwise, I'd have no sympathy for them and I'd tell them to play the game or forfeit points.

Is it to do with the PL rules about not being able to field a 'proper' team, whereas FA Cup rules might be different? I don't actually know, just thinking out loud...

57 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Pretty sure the Villa/Spurs game will be postponed, maybe even Villa/Everton 3 days later.

I think the rules are similar, maybe not exact, but if you can field 14 registered players from your first team or your under 23 team you are supposed to play.  The Premier League seems to have ignored that rule when they postponed Man City/Everton, so it is going to be hard to make Villa play against Spurs. 

It could be that the Football Association is more strict with the rules, and while they are not making teams automatically forfiet if they don't play due to Covid, they have said they could after examining the individual circumstances of each game.  Unfortunately, it is also down to the loss of importance top clubs put on the FA cup, Villa like other Premier clubs have a tight schedule and there probably isn't any room to fit a postponed FA Cup match without effecting their performance in a Premier League match.   Liverpool, I am sure will think the same and do t want to crowd their schedule any further either.

27 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Pretty sure the Villa/Spurs game will be postponed, maybe even Villa/Everton 3 days later.

I think the rules are similar, maybe not exact, but if you can field 14 registered players from your first team or your under 23 team you are supposed to play.  The Premier League seems to have ignored that rule when they postponed Man City/Everton, so it is going to be hard to make Villa play against Spurs. 

It could be that the Football Association is more strict with the rules, and while they are not making teams automatically forfiet if they don't play due to Covid, they have said they could after examining the individual circumstances of each game.  Unfortunately, it is also down to the loss of importance top clubs put on the FA cup, Villa like other Premier clubs have a tight schedule and there probably isn't any room to fit a postponed FA Cup match without effecting their performance in a Premier League match.   Liverpool, I am sure will think the same and do t want to crowd their schedule any further either.

Yeah, I'm not 100% on the rules either but morally it come's across to me as Villa basically saying "Well, we'll throw away this game but we won't do the other because the other is more important to us".

That is totally the wrong message to send. Common sense should prevail really so that it remains consistent across the board.

I know what happened with Man City was off and they have the Newcastle precedent set too but that game tonight should not be happening if the same club cannot play a fixture in another competition days later.

If it's good enough to send the kids out tonight, it's good enough to send them out v Spurs.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Moyes coming out saying not to pick on footballers for Covid breaches as they can also get things wrong. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55600190

Nah not having that. Going to a Christmas or New Year party was just fucking stupid. Not just wrong, but preventable. 

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Moyes coming out saying not to pick on footballers for Covid breaches as they can also get things wrong. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55600190

Moyes can fuck off, the dumb cunt. If we can ask people who aren’t millionaires to stay home, we can certainly ask millionaires to sit home and do the same thing, and shame those who couldn’t use their millions to not be bored.

• Administrator

Turns out this latest breach by Mendy over New Year was his 2nd of the kind. After he breached the rules in summer, too. 

When will there be actual punishment for him? 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Turns out this latest breach by Mendy over New Year was his 2nd of the kind. After he breached the rules in summer, too. 

When will there be actual punishment for him? 

Yeah, I can't see my grandkids but this absolute weapon can do what he wants. He needs a good beating. 

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Ebere Eze was in the directors box watching the QPR / Fulham game yesterday.

The visit was approved by the FA.  Not sure why,  it does seem strange under the current circumstances. 

Now they are claiming that there was no permissions from the FA, so it will be investigated after all.

13 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

The visit was approved by the FA.  Not sure why,  it does seem strange under the current circumstances. 

Now they are claiming that there was no permissions from the FA, so it will be investigated after all.

Begs the question why directors are allowed ten guests in the current climate anyway.

• Administrator
23 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Ebere Eze being allowed to go to Loftus Road yesterday to watch the game was, well, weird. Don't know what possessed the club to think that was appropriate given the circumstances.

23 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Fill me in.

19 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Ebere Eze was in the directors box watching the QPR / Fulham game yesterday.

18 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2021/january/crystal-palace-statement-on-eberechi-eze

The club has issued the below statement on Eberechi Eze.

QPR have acknowledged they made a mistake in hosting Eberechi Eze in the directors’ box at Saturday’s FA Cup match against Fulham without our knowledge. Whilst we recognize Eberechi’s desire to support his former team mates, he accepts it was an error of judgement to attend the match.

We were also concerned to see pictures of Eberechi not wearing a mask at certain moments and are speaking to him about these apparent lapses, which will be dealt with internally.

Archived