talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

38 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Happy Blue was consistently anti-Vax before COVID kicked off, I don't think there's much doubting his views are genuinely held.

Correct, i wont be vaxing and have already had Covid so my immune system will have built up antibodies naturally 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, ToonFan said:

You're entitled to your opinion, but just a reminder of this study from recently. They reckon immunity could last as low as 5 months. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55651518

The vax will only last so long too but you are getting a load of nasty shit with it  ..for the vast majority covid will just be like the flu

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

17th May the earliest fans can return. So, everything goes well, that ties in with the last game of the Premier League season. 

Just in time for Liverpool to lift the cup after a 14 game winning streak. 

• 2 months later...

As long as it's all good from the start of next season with zero restrictions then I'm not too fussed at this point about the last game.

Feels like we've done a dummy run of the season without fans anyway. Happy with the performances but still feels somewhat hollow, especially snatching a 90th minute winner with 10 men at Man City and no scenes of fans going wild behind the goal.

So come August when attendances are back to full capacity, that's when it will really feel great to be back.

I hope we never have to watch another game with automated crowd noise ever again. 

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

As long as it's all good from the start of next season with zero restrictions then I'm not too fussed at this point about the last game.

Feels like we've done a dummy run of the season without fans anyway. Happy with the performances but still feels somewhat hollow, especially snatching a 90th minute winner with 10 men at Man City and no scenes of fans going wild behind the goal.

So come August when attendances are back to full capacity, that's when it will really feel great to be back.

I hope we never have to watch another game with automated crowd noise ever again. 

What if MK Dons are on the tele?

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, ToonArmy said:

Utterly insane call. 

Is it? 

I'm not sure of the situation there in the UK, but they have full stadiums here and it's been a raging success. 

Well, except we suck that is. 

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Is it? 

I'm not sure of the situation there in the UK, but they have full stadiums here and it's been a raging success. 

Well, except we suck that is. 

Case rates exploding and the dork just lifted mask mandates. Covid factories on match days.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, ToonArmy said:

Case rates exploding and the dork just lifted mask mandates. Covid factories on match days.

Vaccine programme undeniably strong with hospitalizations and deaths staying low though... 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ToonArmy said:

Ah yeah who cares if the entire country has to self isolate!!! 

It's not going to be the whole country though, is it? It wasn't even that when we were in the midst of the peak across the whole pandemic... 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Here’s an idea, if you’re vaccinated, go. If you’re not, wear a mask. If you’re scared, don’t go. 

Fuck me let’s have some personal responsibility already. 

Absolutely staggering how many people have been willing to give this up. You would never have gotten away with half the absolute nonsense you see nowadays for the most basic of things even 18 months ago. It's very much tainted us as a society.

Glad about this. 2020/21 Premier League easily the worst to ever take place, through no fault of their own, but it just simply isn't anywhere near as valuable behind closed doors as far as I'm concerned.

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Here’s an idea, if you’re vaccinated, go. If you’re not, wear a mask. If you’re scared, don’t go. 

Fuck me let’s have some personal responsibility already. 

And here lies the problem. Ignorance. 

If you're vaccinated you can still carry Covid, in fact the unvaccinated probs don't have as much need to wear a mask as the vaccinated as about protecting others not yourself. 

You wonder why we're panicking about this when ignorance is rife and I have to sit next to you lot in the stands. 

17 minutes ago, ToonArmy said:

And here lies the problem. Ignorance. 

If you're vaccinated you can still carry Covid, in fact the unvaccinated probs don't have as much need to wear a mask as the vaccinated as about protecting others not yourself. 

You wonder why we're panicking about this when ignorance is rife and I have to sit next to you lot in the stands. 

But when does it end then? Vaccinations have a natural shelf life. Do you wear masks forever? Just in case? As a society, we’re going to have to live with this. Why does your want of masks trump another’s want to not wear one? 

I’m merely playing devils advocate here. I’ll still be wearing a mask in Asda after the 19th and at work. Each to their own.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, ToonArmy said:

That doesn't make sense. 

Why is an unvaccinated person less likely to require a mask and therefore this means they protect others more? How does that work? 

8 hours ago, Stan said:

Vaccine programme undeniably strong with hospitalizations and deaths staying low though... 

Can completely understand why a lot of people are concerned about new variants and the effects of long covid though. Getting rid of the masks at this stage is just something I can't understand

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Can completely understand why a lot of people are concerned about new variants and the effects of long covid though. Getting rid of the masks at this stage is just something I can't understand

It's still personal responsibility though. If you want to wear a mask, continue to do so. It's a law that removes the mandatory wearing of them. It's not a law that says you can't ever wear it again. 

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Half the places I go now are filled with people wearing a flower lanyard. It’s like half the population came down with a hidden disability in the last 6 months. There’s always a timescale for these things and I’d say there’s a massive amount of people out there that just no longer give a shit about masks or social distancing and you just can’t police that forever. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's still personal responsibility though. If you want to wear a mask, continue to do so. It's a law that removes the mandatory wearing of them. It's not a law that says you can't ever wear it again. 

They should have stayed mandatory for a little while longer while cases are growing at the current rate is all I'm saying

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Half the places I go now are filled with people wearing a flower lanyard. It’s like half the population came down with a hidden disability in the last 6 months. There’s always a timescale for these things and I’d say there’s a massive amount of people out there that just no longer give a shit about masks or social distancing and you just can’t police that forever. 

Oh I definitely know that there's plenty who don't give a shit anymore. Personally, when I go out locally the large majority are still wearing a mask in the pub etc but I visited a mate down south the other week and me and my mates who went down were definitely in the minority wearing a mask in most places we went

Archived