talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think it would have been sensible for everyone. I'm not sure how they can expect Covid hit squads to play two games in three days.

Yeah I get the logic definitely, at the same time though, teams that have been hit early with loads of games in hand would seem silly to postpone more and create more congestion. Can see why they couldn’t reach a consensus on it 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yeah I get the logic definitely, at the same time though, teams that have been hit early with loads of games in hand would seem silly to postpone more and create more congestion. Can see why they couldn’t reach a consensus on it 

If for example a team is able to fulfill their Boxing Day fixture with the minimum 13 outfield players and goalkeeper, their game on 28th December should be postponed. That would be the common sense thing to do

31 minutes ago, shut up said:

Why are we playing 26th &  then early kick off on the 28th, while Man Utd are playing 27th and 30th ??

Some sides always benefit from their games getting moved for TV at this time of year. Get rid of the game between Boxing Day and New Year. Or at least don't have it so any team is playing twice in three days. 

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, shut up said:

Why are we playing 26th &  then early kick off on the 28th, while Man Utd are playing 27th and 30th ??

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Some sides always benefit from their games getting moved for TV at this time of year. Get rid of the game between Boxing Day and New Year. Or at least don't have it so any team is playing twice in three days. 

Agreed, or just have everyone play on the same day, but have the games on 26th, 29th and NYD if they really want to squeeze that game in.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Beyond disgraceful now. How the FA haven't published their criteria yet is a joke. Because going off this we don't have 14 senior outfield players available. Unless you count any 17 year old that's made a Premier League appearance (Onyango, Dobbin, Simms and Branthwaite) as senior players but then we're getting penalised for having a bad enough injury crisis earlier in the year to lead to this.

• Subscriber

As I suspected. Teams that have a small squad or get ravaged by injuries and are forced to play youth players then take double jeopardy when they get hit with Covid because those youth players count as senior players.

Premier League really isn't arsed about credibility is it.

13 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

As I suspected. Teams that have a small squad or get ravaged by injuries and are forced to play youth players then take double jeopardy when they get hit with Covid because those youth players count as senior players.

Premier League really isn't arsed about credibility is it.

Explains why  our game against Wolves went ahead.

Still doesn't explain why United had all their games postponed when it was reported only a small amount of players contracted the virus. 

• Subscriber

I do think the fixture between Boxing Day and New Years Day is a bit ridiculous. I've never understood how at any point in the season you can't play twice in three days yet they just do it here anyway.

Archived