29 members have voted

1. 1. Mohamed Salah or Juan Cuadrado?

2. 2. Pedro or Roberto Baggio?

3. 3. Angel Di Maria or Lionel Messi?

4. 4. Freddie Ljungberg or Gareth Bale?

• Freddie Ljungberg
    • Gareth Bale
  5. 5. Alexis Sanchez or Luis Figo?

6. 6. Xherdan Shaqiri or Ricardo Quaresma?

• Xherdan Shaqiri
    • Ricardo Quaresma
  7. 7. Arjen Robben or Hulk?

• Arjen Robben
    • Hulk
  8. 8. Dimitri Payet or David Beckham?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cuadrado shouldn't be in the running. Who's idea was it to nominate him xD

I don't think Pedro is better than Baggio but voted for him on the basis that Baggio was more of a 90's player.

And oof. Sanchez got screwed. It's easy to forget Alexis was arguably the best player in the Premier League when he was at Arsenal. Now that he's finished he's tarnishing his legacy. He was a genuine top player though. 5th best in the world in his prime.

I actually laughed at Pedro v Baggio. Not that I think Pedro's bad... but the other one's Baggio. Although I associate him more with the 90s than the 00s.

I'm pretty sure Messi'll be the one who wins this overall though. Because it's other players vs. Messi

1 minute ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Pedro during that Barcelona era of dominance was class, seems like people have forgotten because he has been bang average for a couple of seasons now at Chelsea. 

I think people are just voting for the better player now. No contest between Pedro and Baggio. I'm voting for the one who actually impacted the 21st century though.

1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

I think people are just voting for the better player now. No contest between Pedro and Baggio. I'm voting for the one who actually impacted the 21st century though.

Never really seen much of baggio except clips from international tournaments with Italy. I still voted for him though because he was considered world class during his prime.

Not going to complain too much as I have already done so before on these kinds of votes, but as has already been said, Baggio was a 90's player and was 33 at the start of the year 2000. I guess it's a case of any chance to slip in an Italian player in these votes. The deliberate lack of German players once again in these votes is so apparent.

As for Cuardado, Hulk, Quaresma and Payet what the hell are they doing in this vote? I can think of at least 10 right wingers better than them. I could also think of plenty of better wingers than Shaqiri and Pedro to be honest. I voted for Pedro ahead of Baggio, as a protest vote, simply because Baggio was essentially a 90's player. Other than that, of course Baggio was a better player during his career than Pedro has been.

Oh shit, I ended up complaining quite a bit didn't I?:ph34r:

42 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

That's just not true though is it?

Is for me. He had that spell in the mid 10’s where he scored a few and was suddenly amazing. Only 3 double digit goal scoring seasons in 8 years in that Barcelona team? Even @Carnivore Chris thinks Baggio was better and he’s the go to guy for Barcelona on here. It’s only my opinion though. For me, Baggio did more in 4 seasons at Brescia than Pedro has managed in his career. Yes he’s been involved in multiple titles and European cups, but his importance has been completely overstated. Again, just an opinion.

• Subscriber
57 minutes ago, Michael said:

The deliberate lack of German players once again in these votes is so apparent.

Wait is this serious or part of the Lahm banter?

I don't know if you missed it but there was a thread which was in the General Football section where I basically begged people to nominate whoever they could think of and just said yes to everyone because I wanted 16 for each position. There are ample German/Bundesliga fans on this forum who had the same opportunity to contribute as everyone else yet are genrally the only ones kicking off about it now these threads are going up.

Archived