talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Adrenaline Junkies

football forum

Have any of you done anything extreme? On the lower scale I would put skiing and snowboarding, to the upper end of bungee jumping and skydiving (parkour too?).

Have you done anything that's got the body fucking pumping? (don't say sex because we are all virgins hence why we post on a football forum).

edit: this could be in the sport forum actually..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Walking on the edge of rooftops, railroad bridges, transmission towers and other tall structures.
Sledding behind a car. 
Riding enduro motorbike in the woods.

Used to be fun. And stupid.

On 5/10/2017 at 9:45 PM, nudge said:

Walking on the edge of rooftops, railroad bridges, transmission towers and other tall structures.
Sledding behind a car. 
Riding enduro motorbike in the woods.

Used to be fun. And stupid.

Would you do any of that again? Must be some wild things you could do in Vietnam? (also my sister is doing lie a month there soon any advice I can pass on??)

9 minutes ago, NeymarPele said:

I would like to partake in the UFC or professional box, not for the money but for the fame and sheer adrenaline of it.

If I had the cash and spare time I think I would have a crack. I love working out, don't mind getting banged up, and love above all other things, competing and winning.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Anton said:

Would you do any of that again? Must be some wild things you could do in Vietnam? (also my sister is doing lie a month there soon any advice I can pass on??)

Hmm, wouldn't do the climbing and edge-walking again, as funnily enough, I've developed a weird fear of heights since then, haha. Glad I did it when I was a teenager, even if it was a bit stupid, but I still remember that exciting feeling, haha. 

Would probably do sledding behind the car depending on who's driving; but that wasn't that much fun or extreme anyway, just a bit dangerous depending on the skills of the driver and the road itself.

Enduro motorcycle riding, sure, why not. After having used to traffic conditions in Asia, I'm considering buying a motorbike anyway, but want to take some more lessons before I do that. Off-road is extremely fun, and there are plenty of options for it here, so I'm quite looking forward to it.

I'm actually living in Cambodia, my ISP is Vietnam-based, hence the Vietnamese flag on my profile, hehe. There are quite a few fun things to do here; dirt biking, buggies, quads, climbing and caving, flyboarding, kitesurfing, trekking, diving, paragliding, etc. I'm much less into it compared to what I used to be some 10 years ago though, and due to poor healthcare facilities in the country, I'm much less willing to take a risk. Dirt biking and caving are definitely on the books!

As for Vietnam, I haven't got that much experience as I spent only limited time there, more passing by than anything else... If your sister is into it, I'd recommend The Reunification Express, almost 2000 km train journey from Hanoi to Saigon (or other way around). It's slow but comfortable (get a soft sleeper though!), and it's a great way to see the country, especially rural parts along the coastline that you wouldn't see otherwise. While the train goes from Hanoi to Saigon in just 36 hours, t's best to stop at various places along the way (such as Nha Trang, Da Nang and Hoi An, Hue), spend a few days there and then hop on the train again until the next stop.
Ha Long Bay is definitely a must - it might be a major tourist destination, but it's still majestic. Sapa Valley and surrounding mountains is another popular one, very beautiful and interesting, if you have enough time and especially if you're into trekking. Mekong Delta is brilliant too, well worth taking a boat trip. Those are primarily tourist areas with a lot of options for day trips and tours, and I'm sure your sister will have enough info on it anyway as everyone will be trying to sell it haha. 
For somewhat off the beaten path, I'd highly recommend Ninh Binh - it's a small town less than 100 km south from Hanoi, nothing much to do or see in the town itself, but the surrounding areas there is nothing short of amazing. Karst limestone cliffs and caves, grottoes, lush mountains and rainforests, rice paddy fields, various pagodas and temples, nature resorts, bird parks, rivers. It's also authentic Vietnam with no - or limited - tourist crowds.

Biggest danger, as anywhere else in SE Asia, is traffic. So she should always wear a helmet if driving a motorbike, and look out for dodgy drivers if she's taking a bus, or even worse, a van. Also drink bottled water only, but that's common sense anyway. Other than that, it's completely safe and I hope she'll have a great trip! :) 

14 hours ago, nudge said:

Hmm, wouldn't do the climbing and edge-walking again, as funnily enough, I've developed a weird fear of heights since then, haha. Glad I did it when I was a teenager, even if it was a bit stupid, but I still remember that exciting feeling, haha. 

Would probably do sledding behind the car depending on who's driving; but that wasn't that much fun or extreme anyway, just a bit dangerous depending on the skills of the driver and the road itself.

Enduro motorcycle riding, sure, why not. After having used to traffic conditions in Asia, I'm considering buying a motorbike anyway, but want to take some more lessons before I do that. Off-road is extremely fun, and there are plenty of options for it here, so I'm quite looking forward to it.

I'm actually living in Cambodia, my ISP is Vietnam-based, hence the Vietnamese flag on my profile, hehe. There are quite a few fun things to do here; dirt biking, buggies, quads, climbing and caving, flyboarding, kitesurfing, trekking, diving, paragliding, etc. I'm much less into it compared to what I used to be some 10 years ago though, and due to poor healthcare facilities in the country, I'm much less willing to take a risk. Dirt biking and caving are definitely on the books!

As for Vietnam, I haven't got that much experience as I spent only limited time there, more passing by than anything else... If your sister is into it, I'd recommend The Reunification Express, almost 2000 km train journey from Hanoi to Saigon (or other way around). It's slow but comfortable (get a soft sleeper though!), and it's a great way to see the country, especially rural parts along the coastline that you wouldn't see otherwise. While the train goes from Hanoi to Saigon in just 36 hours, t's best to stop at various places along the way (such as Nha Trang, Da Nang and Hoi An, Hue), spend a few days there and then hop on the train again until the next stop.
Ha Long Bay is definitely a must - it might be a major tourist destination, but it's still majestic. Sapa Valley and surrounding mountains is another popular one, very beautiful and interesting, if you have enough time and especially if you're into trekking. Mekong Delta is brilliant too, well worth taking a boat trip. Those are primarily tourist areas with a lot of options for day trips and tours, and I'm sure your sister will have enough info on it anyway as everyone will be trying to sell it haha. 
For somewhat off the beaten path, I'd highly recommend Ninh Binh - it's a small town less than 100 km south from Hanoi, nothing much to do or see in the town itself, but the surrounding areas there is nothing short of amazing. Karst limestone cliffs and caves, grottoes, lush mountains and rainforests, rice paddy fields, various pagodas and temples, nature resorts, bird parks, rivers. It's also authentic Vietnam with no - or limited - tourist crowds.

Biggest danger, as anywhere else in SE Asia, is traffic. So she should always wear a helmet if driving a motorbike, and look out for dodgy drivers if she's taking a bus, or even worse, a van. Also drink bottled water only, but that's common sense anyway. Other than that, it's completely safe and I hope she'll have a great trip! :) 

Oops!! Thanks for your help though. I'll pass it all on.

I've just booked a skydive over Cairns. Hoping for a nice day where I can see the rain forest, hills, and great barrier reef. Shitting myself already.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Anton said:

Oops!! Thanks for your help though. I'll pass it all on.

I've just booked a skydive over Cairns. Hoping for a nice day where I can see the rain forest, hills, and great barrier reef. Shitting myself already.

Are you doing the jump alone or is it a tandem jump? I bet the views will be breathtaking! My ex did a solo jump some years ago, and while he was nervous when we arrived to the aerodrome, after hours of quite rigorous training he just wanted to get it out of the way and didn't care anymore xD 

I don't have the heart to do it myself, haha. Would absolutely love paragliding though.

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Are you doing the jump alone or is it a tandem jump? I bet the views will be breathtaking! My ex did a solo jump some years ago, and while he was nervous when we arrived to the aerodrome, after hours of quite rigorous training he just wanted to get it out of the way and didn't care anymore xD 

I don't have the heart to do it myself, haha. Would absolutely love paragliding though.

Tandem. And even then I will be shitting myself. Really want to give it a go though. Will be the bravest thing I've ever attempted haha.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Danny said:

Have fun? Mine was class.

Yes and no haha. I now kind of wise I booked a beach landing. But the view was still incredible even with a few clouds about.

Where did you do yours?

2 hours ago, Anton said:

Yes and no haha. I now kind of wise I booked a beach landing. But the view was still incredible even with a few clouds about.

Where did you do yours?

It was advertised as Sydney but it was actually about 1-2 hours north of Sydney. Still along the coast but in a small industrial town with an airfield. Was still class

Archived