talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Adrenaline Junkies

football forum

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to ride a motorcycle a lot when I first moved out here - I always thought they were cool and traffic seemed like shit, but California allows motorcyclists to lane split... and then when I actually rode one I got a huge fucking adrenaline rush so I loved it. Then I got into a pretty bad crash and almost killed myself and totaled my bike - so I don't ride motorcycles anymore lol.

• Subscriber

My adrenaline activities this week include removing 3 snakes from my bedroom and balcony and getting hassled by tuktuk drivers in Phnom Penh. So hardcore :ph34r:

1 hour ago, nudge said:

My adrenaline activities this week include removing 3 snakes from my bedroom and balcony and getting hassled by tuktuk drivers in Phnom Penh. So hardcore :ph34r:

I will let my daughter know there are worse things lurking around than one quick moving Spider

She was having a meltdown in the bathroom because it rushed up the wall as she was about to use the loo and wouldn't go in there until I had extracted the offending individual.. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I will let my daughter know there are worse things lurking around than one quick moving Spider

She was having a meltdown in the bathroom because it rushed up the wall as she was about to use the loo and wouldn't go in there until I had extracted the offending individual.. 

Haha, I prefer snakes over spiders. And I prefer both over tuktuk drivers :ph34r:

There was probably a nest somewhere in the building, as all three were younglings, one of them came into my bedroom through balcony and tried making love with my stereo cable xD The other two were just hanging on the rails of the balcony, we used kitchen tongs to remove them all. I find snakes fascinating, it's just that there are quite a few highly venomous kinds here, so got to be careful. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Haha, I prefer snakes over spiders. And I prefer both over tuktuk drivers :ph34r:

There was probably a nest somewhere in the building, as all three were younglings, one of them came into my bedroom through balcony and tried making love with my stereo cable xD The other two were just hanging on the rails of the balcony, we used kitchen tongs to remove them all. I find snakes fascinating, it's just that there are quite a few highly venomous kinds here, so got to be careful. 

I am ok with Snakes although the missus hates them. I am ok with most Reptiles and such like but as you say some can be a bit dangerous so I would treat them with caution. I was once doing a job on a block of flats back in my younger days and this bloke had a Snake and because I was curious he got it out and let me handle it for a bit and it somehow started wrapping its body between my thumb and my upper arm and began Constricting... struggled to get the bugger off and it nearly broke my thumb. lucky the owner was nearby and managed to peel it off me... xD Strong as fuck! 

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I am ok with Snakes although the missus hates them. I am ok with most Reptiles and such like but as you say some can be a bit dangerous so I would treat them with caution. I was once doing a job on a block of flats back in my younger days and this bloke had a Snake and because I was curious he got it out and let me handle it for a bit and it somehow started wrapping its body between my thumb and my upper arm and began Constricting... struggled to get the bugger off and it nearly broke my thumb. lucky the owner was nearby and managed to peel it off me... xD Strong as fuck! 

Jesus, was it a boa constrictor or a python or whatever? Sounds painful xD The dangerous ones we have here are kraits, cobras and vipers mostly.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Jesus, was it a boa constrictor or a python or whatever? Sounds painful xD The dangerous ones we have here are kraits, cobras and vipers mostly.

I believe it was a Python but don't really know much about Snakes if truth be told except for the obvious types. There used to be a rhyme knocking about that gives you a guide but can't remember what it is now so I would be knackered if I came across one xD My golden rule is if it looks dangerous then it probably is.. The bloke was selling it and asked if I wanted to buy it and I was tempted at the time but there was no way I was going to swing that past my Mother no matter what I said so turned the bloke down... 

6 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I believe it was a Python but don't really know much about Snakes if truth be told except for the obvious types. There used to be a rhyme knocking about that gives you a guide but can't remember what it is now so I would be knackered if I came across one xD My golden rule is if it looks dangerous then it probably is.. The bloke was selling it and asked if I wanted to buy it and I was tempted at the time but there was no way I was going to swing that past my Mother no matter what I said so turned the bloke down... 

Not like you to turn blokes down! 

• 3 years later...
  • Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Wow.. are you nervous? excited?? 

A little bit of both! :D More excited than nervous, although I will make sure to wear dark colour pants just in case xD Really looking forward to it, either way...

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

A little bit of both! :D More excited than nervous, although I will make sure to wear dark colour pants just in case xD Really looking forward to it, either way...

I would suggest one of those adult nappies... B|

Sounds fun... :D

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

He does one with a bed as well... xD

What a perfect landing, too! xD 

Have to google him to see if he's still alive. Definitely an accident waiting to happen...

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Got enough time to paragliding but not for predictions. Pfft. 

(have fun! It'll be great!) 

Having watched the videos @Bluewolf posted, I'm now very tempted to do the predictions mid-flight...

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Didn't want to open a new thread... Has anyone done paragliding??? I have my first flight booked for the weekend...

Lots of people I know have done it. Potentially on my list can’t be as terrifying as skydiving (although the free fall from that is literally indescribable)

Youll have to let us know how it is!!

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, nudge said:

Didn't want to open a new thread... Has anyone done paragliding??? I have my first flight booked for the weekend...

Drink after not before. This is the way.

Archived