talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Fifth Round Matches - 2-5th March, 2020

football forum

I'd drop Fabinho from the first team entirely for, at least a couple of weeks. He needs to play with the reserves right now, he looks totally shite and is hurting us. If he doesn't start looking better in the reserves, I'd start to question whether or not his injury is one that's permanently affected how he plays. But he looks so bad right now, I think he's just a liability.

Origi's probably just not good enough, despite coming through for us at big moments.

I think we've done well to get where we are this season without really investing into the squad. But we've got to freshen the side up and add more depth, tbh we're just lucky that Citeh had the wheels pop off their season a bit early and then they lost focus.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to sort ourselves out. We look completely uninterested at this point. Atletico was shit, despite beating West Ham it was also shit, Watford was shit and  tonight the same. Really bad run, and everybody needs to fucking re focus and get back to it against Bournmouth. Really need to build a little momentum going into next weeks game in the champions league. 

21 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Minamino has been diabolical from the moment he arrived hasnt he? Offers absolutely nothing.

Are we really going here again with players early performances?

Recent form is a concern in terms of progress in the Champions League next week. We need to improve and fast. Some of the criticism on here, social media and what I've just heard in the pub is way over the top though. Spoilt brats

Klopp isn't arsed about the FA Cup mind, I'm a massive fan of his but I'm pretty sure they said in commentary that Liverpool haven't been pass the 5th round since he's been there, that's poor in my eyes. 6,000 Liverpool fans travelling down to London on a Tuesday night, paying all that.

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Will you behave for fuck sake. You don’t like VAR, we get it. Most of us agree at this point. Talking about not caring if we win the league, don’t talk wet. 

Dont tell me how to feel mate. Football for me in this day and age is fuck all like it used to be. 

I ligit dont care one fucking ounce that weve lost tonight. I just want the season to end and then I'm done mate. It's a college boys game now. It literally makes me cringe watching.

Just now, carefreeluke said:

Klopp isn't arsed about the FA Cup mind, I'm a massive fan of his but I'm pretty sure they said in commentary that Liverpool haven't been pass the 5th round since he's been there, that's poor in my eyes. 6,000 Liverpool fans travelling down to London on a Tuesday night, paying all that.

Did his selection tonight not show he wanted to go through? Nothing wrong with his selection tonight

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Legitimately not even fucking arsed if we win the league or not. Yep, it's that bad

Fuck that xD

Literally not having that for one millisecond. You're telling me as a Liverpool fan who's on the verge of seeing their team win their first ever Premier League, their first title in 30 years and you're 'not even fucking arsed'. 

I don't believe you at all! Didn't you say the other day you're already planning to be at home for the parade xD

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Recent form is a concern in terms of progress in the Champions League next week. We need to improve and fast. Some of the criticism on here, social media and what I've just heard in the pub is way over the top though. Spoilt brats

I mean, I’m not gonna start pulling the players apart, but to have such a bad dip in form at such a crucial time in two cup competitions is very poor. 

I also can’t imagine that you were sat in the corner of the pub quietly either 😏😂

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Did his selection tonight not show he wanted to go through? Nothing wrong with his selection tonight

He hasn't given the FA Cup a second thought for years mate. I know you haven't looked good recently but most of your players looked as if they couldn't wait to get out of the competition. No urgency whatsoever. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fuck that xD

Literally not having that for one millisecond. You're telling me as a Liverpool fan who's on the verge of seeing their team win their first ever Premier League, their first title in 30 years and you're 'not even fucking arsed'. 

I don't believe you at all! Didn't you say the other day you're already planning to be at home for the parade xD

Yeah I'm going the parade because my uncle and cousins have organised the whole shibang. They live literally 5 minutes walk from Anfield. 

Honestly though mate, instead of feeling euphoric, I've just got a depressed empty feeling about the whole thing. I cant stand the way football has gone. 

• Subscriber

Klopp isn't interested in the FA cup. He wants the league done and dusted with the CL game as a top priority once the weekend comes along. He took off the most promising player we had on the pitch in Curtis and replaced that player with Milner. That's not a tactical decision to score more goals, its a decision to give players a run. Even when he brought Salah on there were 10 minutes to go and before that time Mane was forced to play on the right. 

I honestly can never tell what hes doing.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah I'm going the parade because my uncle and cousins have organised the whole shibang. They live literally 5 minutes walk from Anfield. 

Honestly though mate, instead of feeling euphoric, I've just got a depressed empty feeling about the whole thing. I cant stand the way football has gone. 

That's sad to hear given the circumstance for where Liverpool are at.

25 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Im just saying mate he's been absolutely shite every time I've seen him play, He didnt really offer anything tonight although he's not to blame because the whole team were off form yet again. Obviously i hope he can come good but so far he's not done anything and warrants the criticism. Klopp has given him a few opportunities to start games but he really hasn't taken them. Hopefully next season is when when we will see the best of him because he showed for Salzburg what a good little player he is.

I’m not worried about Minamino, he will come good under Klopp once he gets used to the team. 

However, we need to get rid of Shaqiri and Origi. They just aren’t good enough. Origi has cult hero status for a few goals but nobody on here can truly say they get excited seeing him in the team. Shaqiri is either out getting a hair transplant or has dirty bollocks, always injured. Need to upgrade big time all around the squad.

22 minutes ago, Rick said:

I mean, I’m not gonna start pulling the players apart, but to have such a bad dip in form at such a crucial time in two cup competitions is very poor. 

I also can’t imagine that you were sat in the corner of the pub quietly either 😏😂

Don't get me wrong, I get as frustrated as anyone watching that but some of the things I hear, questioning the commitment of players after what they've done the last two years is out of order (not saying anyone on here has done).

36 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

He hasn't given the FA Cup a second thought for years mate. I know you haven't looked good recently but most of your players looked as if they couldn't wait to get out of the competition. No urgency whatsoever. 

He's never liked the scheduling of the early rounds but I'm not having he didn't want to go through tonight. His team selection proves that. His subs and the timing of them were questionable though. If he didn't want to go through though he'd have just played the kids again

15 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Im just saying mate he's been absolutely shite every time I've seen him play, He didnt really offer anything tonight although he's not to blame because the whole team were off form yet again. Obviously i hope he can come good but so far he's not done anything and warrants the criticism. Klopp has given him a few opportunities to start games but he really hasn't taken them. Hopefully next season is when when we will see the best of him because he showed for Salzburg what a good little player he is.

Surely we all knew that the second half of this season would be just Minamino bedding in though ready for next season? He may or may not come good and if he doesn't it was low risk anyway but it's madness that we've got people questioning new signings again after what's happened since Klopp took over

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd drop Fabinho from the first team entirely for, at least a couple of weeks. He needs to play with the reserves right now, he looks totally shite and is hurting us. If he doesn't start looking better in the reserves, I'd start to question whether or not his injury is one that's permanently affected how he plays. But he looks so bad right now, I think he's just a liability.

Origi's probably just not good enough, despite coming through for us at big moments.

I think we've done well to get where we are this season without really investing into the squad. But we've got to freshen the side up and add more depth, tbh we're just lucky that Citeh had the wheels pop off their season a bit early and then they lost focus.

Fucking hell mate. You forgetting that we've won 26 out of 28 in the league?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived