talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Fifth Round Matches - 2-5th March, 2020

football forum

First FA Cup quarter final in 14 years.

Holy shit. We can ignore the bad game management that nearly threw away a 3-0 lead against West Brom's B team and celebrate.

One of the biggest games in years coming up. 1 win from Wembley. COME ON.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

First FA Cup quarter final in 14 years.

Holy shit. We can ignore the bad game management that nearly threw away a 3-0 lead against West Brom's B team and celebrate.

One of the biggest games in years coming up. 1 win from Wembley. COME ON.

Hope you shithouse your way to some silverware.

Very pleased with the performance, even tough both sides weren't in their best teams. Surprised Liverpool gave three from four starters at the back to be fair. After a shaky start we got the goal, then Kepa started doing what he is paid for. In the second it looked very easy for us, defended deep and played for the counter could have added one more surely. Good team performance i am happy that we got rid of the 3-4-3 which has no use apart from making Alonso look good. Billy was excellent got MOTM award against Liverpool at just 18 years of age. The boy became a man last night no doubt about it. Only part i am unhappy with is Mateo and Willian going off injured it's not like we don't already have six players out. Overall good performance and something we ca build on, watch us get City away in the quarters haha.

As for Liverpool it is very obvious that the league is only what matters to Klopp, don't think they will be very sad if they drop out of the UCL:

Slight improvement from Watford, but still below what's expected. 

Midfield was unsurprisingly bullied. No need to panic.

People having a go at Minamino should remember he has just been here for a couple of months and hasn't really had a lot of game time. He looks ideal for us. Mobile and willing to work hard.

The team needs a little injection of fresh legs. 

Now get the league done quickly. And with no invincible record to chase, the team can then concentrate on UCL.

Tottenham take the lead against Norwich City early on.

Vertonghen with a nice powerful header to the near post and into the goal, after an excellent cross from Lo Celso.

Tottenham 1-0 Norwich City

• Administrator

A poor display overall but much improved in the 2nd half. Tells you how bad it was first half.

Ricardo on the scoresheet. Ironic as I thought he had a poor game anyway. A win is a win despite the lacklustre performance but hopefully advancing does give us a bit of confidence back.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Danny said:

Rumours Gedson was racially abused and Dier chased the geezer up the stairs...

No idea what happened but footage of Dier shouting he’s my brother 

I get from that that Dier's brother racially abused Gedson and he's chasing his brother up the stairs :ph34r:

• Subscriber

The fake news element of this is worrying again. Racial abuse is just becoming another soap opera where out loud we condemn it but we also seem to want to believe that it's happening because we enjoy the drama of it, especially in football when you can use it to tar another club with a bad reputation because of that pesky tribalism. More people have heard now the false news of Eric Dier climbing into the crowd to "fight" a fan who was racially abusing his team mate than the actual result of this sporting event.

It doesn't exactly make sense if you watch the video that he would have heard what one individual was saying that far into the crowd from the pitch. Seeing his brother involved in some sort of scrap at that distance is consistent with Mourinho's comments.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

The fake news element of this is worrying again. Racial abuse is just becoming another soap opera where out loud we condemn it but we also seem to want to believe that it's happening because we enjoy the drama of it, especially in football when you can use it to tar another club with a bad reputation because of that pesky tribalism. More people have heard now the false news of Eric Dier climbing into the crowd to "fight" a fan who was racially abusing his team mate than the actual result of this sporting event.

It doesn't exactly make sense if you watch the video that he would have heard what one individual was saying that far into the crowd from the pitch. Seeing his brother involved in some sort of scrap at that distance is consistent with Mourinho's comments.

This sadly is the case and to me people need to do more to call it out - because to my mind it just detracts from actual racism incidents.

I'm always cynical of it because everyone nowadays wants to be seen as the saviour. Look at me, I'm standing up to racism, and in doing so actually manufacture it when it just isn't the case.

But it's the same with a lot of things now. It's not just racism. I think mental health is another where people are just saying or doing certain things to get themselves on a high horse, and in doing so detract from genuine sufferers. To be honest it's a disgrace.

17 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

It reminds me of the time people entertained the bollocks that Cantona was racially abused to ignore the fact he was a person with real anger issues who couldn't accept being outplayed by Richard Shaw.

14 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

It reminds me of the time people entertained the bollocks that Cantona was racially abused to ignore the fact he was a person with real anger issues who couldn't accept being outplayed by Richard Shaw.

Cantona even tough a brilliant player was a huge bellend, he is even a cunt now at his age.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived