Sheff Weds vs Man City
Tottenham vs Norwich

Thursday 5th March, 2020
Derby vs Man Utd

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Next game for us after this isn't til Monday night so I think we'll go stronger than normally would in this fixture. Some of the lads desperately need the confidence back but at the same time need to know their positions aren't 100% guaranteed regardless of form.

Ward

Justin - Evans - Soyuncu - Fuchs

Ndidi

Tielemans - Praet

Barnes

Perez - Iheanacho

The other alternative is to play Bennett with the other CBs and go with 2 wing-backs. Would like to see Perez centrally as he just isn't doing it as a winger.

I'd give Ndidi match fitness. No idea what Vardy's injury is like. 

• Subscriber

Got a horrible feeling about this game. Birmingham's league season is effectively a dead rubber so they can throw it all into this game and while they're nothing special, they're actually on a really decent unbeaten run and you don't get that through being shit.

We should win it but our confidence is low and they're going to bring a big following, nothing to lose mentality.

I want this to look ridiculous in a few days but that Norwich game on Friday tells me our problems are a bit more severe than I realised.

I feel for Lampard really.

If we go three at the back, we forfeit the midfield, but we have natural width with James and Alonso. 

If we got a back 4, we can play our normal football but we are handicapped at LB given Alonso’s defensive frailties and Emerson being poor all season. 

Fuck it. 

Kepa 

James Zouma Tomori Dave 

Jorginho Kovacic 

Pedro Mount Alonso 

Giroud 

Craig Hope reporting that Allan Saint Maximim was dropped by Bruce because of his attitude in training and that Bruce is telling a porky pie about him being injured for tonight's game.

Also noises that the players are annoyed at the tactics and style of play and don't like Bruce saying they're not good enough to play any better in public.

Massive game tonight. Thinks could turn ugly soon without a win.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Kante, Pulisic, Odoi, Abraham and potentially Christensen out. 

Excellent news for tonight.

Watch you'll put in the performance of a lifetime now.

Big chance for Jones (as a kid), Lallana (as the person who looked like our best midfielder against Watford - might get a chance to play more in this run in), and Minamino (looked miles better than Firmino when he came on against Watford).

Win this and we effectively put all of Chelsea's hopes on enjoying the end of this season on them needing to overturn a 3-0 deficit away from home at Bayern Munich, which is kind of cool.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I thought they'd stopped the cross-competition bans a few years ago?

Correct sir. He’s on the bench 

Billy ‘Xavi’ Gilmour starts. Other than that, utterly depressing lineup. 

9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

We won't win this tonight.... 

Noooo...You’re telling me even with 7 goals a season Willian, a 32 year old Pedro, and Mr. It’s too much to ask to play great two games in a row but let’s piss up a night club Ross Barkley, we won’t win??  

• The topic was unpinned

Archived