talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

LMS League 2019-20 Round 7 (Primeira Liga)

football forum

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Results - Gameweek Two

Casualties (17)

Well then. Last Man Standing returned over the past week with the greatest display of incompetence I think that we've ever seen. The Benny Hill theme tune kicked in on Wednesday, as @...Dan's Gil Vicente were beaten 1-0 at Portimonense. The volume was switched up to eleven the following day as Benfica failed to break through against Tondela, resulting in a 0-0 draw which eliminated *takes deep breath* @Lucas, @Eco, @Tommy, @Bluewolf, @Michael, @RandoEFC, @Storts, @DeadLinesman, @Dan, @CaaC (John), @Azeem, @Pyfish and @Viva la FCB. This left three survivors a couple of days to lick their lips as the rest of the field was decimated, but @Stan, @Rucksackfranzose and @SchalkeUK completed a clean sweep of failure this week as Rio Ave went down 3-2 at home to Pacos de Ferreira. It's worth noting that in this extremely difficult week that the rest of the top four, Porto, Sporting and Braga, who saw no backing, also failed to win.

Survivors (0)

Nothing to see here...

What happens now? Well as always, we need to select a Last Man Standing. Incredibly, @nudge, @JOSHBRFC and @Mel81x will receive 1 bonus point for ending up in joint 3rd despite failing to make it through a single Gameweek. Everyone eliminated during Gameweek Two will receive a total of 3 points, 1 point for their single correct pick and 2 points for coming in joint 2nd. One of the latter group will rise to be the Last Man Standing using the next week's Tie Breaker and secure the full 3 bonus points for winning the round to take home 4 in total.

Preview - Gameweek Three

Below are the fixtures for Gameweek Three as well as a reminder of the standings in the Primeira Liga.

1793350110_ScreenShot2020-06-08at12_34_37.png.1c1a379c1359b08ff49eb9dcd087ceb6.png 963133510_ScreenShot2020-06-08at12_34_22.png.1dce546b38c5347dfd3610ad3bc29d1f.png

So here's how the tie breaker will work. We will work through the phases until one person is left.

Phase 1: You need to pick a team that you think will win. You still cannot choose a team you have already used in a previous Gameweek. If your chosen team wins, you progress to Phase 2. If they don't you are out of the tie breaker. If nobody picks a winning team then we'll have to fight over a single point for another week so don't be dumb.

Phase 2: You need to choose an individual player that you think will score a goal during this set of fixtures. If your player scores at least one goal, you progress to Phase 3, if they don't score, you are out of the tie breaker. If nobody still in the game picks a player who scores then we'll have to fight over a single point for another week so again, let's not fuck ourselves here.

Phase 3: If multiple players have chosen a correct match winner and goalscorer to make it this far, they will be separated by the minute in which their player scored.

Phase 4: We should only end up here if multiple people have chosen the same team and player combination. If this happens and we have multiple winners, the person who posted first will be announced the Last Man Standing. This condition is here to encourage you not to choose the same combination as someone else, and also to encourage you to get your picks in straight away because the first fixture this Gameweek is tomorrow night!

Please ask if you're confused, but basically pick a winning team and a goalscorer. You may need to specify which team they play for because I'm not a connoisseur of the Portuguese league.

My pick for Gameweek Three is Sporting Lisbon. My goalscorer for the tie breaker is Adel Taarabt (Benfica).

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

6fe.jpg

xD didn't even put it, thought I'd put Marega, and then I realise the one above me has literally put exactly this.

It's not going well.

Archived