• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [25. Spieltag] - 6-11th March, 2020

football forum

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for the record - another 1-1 draw!

Hoffenheim score twice - one ruled out by VAR and the second with 3 players offside - sorry - stood behind the 04 keeper picking hi9s nose on the goal line and playing the three onside is one Burgstaller - key striker who missed one chance and stood offside to rule out another but here is stood letting the Hoffenheim goal be allowed.  The board meeting on Monday with DW will be interesting. Sad - very, very sad!

• Subscriber

Disappointing to see a two goal lead wasted; but in the end I felt we were lucky not to lose. Way too passive, too scared and too slow in the head on most occasions. 

56 minutes ago, nudge said:

Disappointing to see a two goal lead wasted; but in the end I felt we were lucky not to lose. Way too passive, too scared and too slow in the head on most occasions. 

Stuck in that danger zone it seems, When was the last time you went down?? 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Stuck in that danger zone it seems, When was the last time you went down?? 

1979/80 season; the only time we got relegated in the history of the club :( 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

1979/80 season; the only time we got relegated in the history of the club :( 

Still a little way to go yet but throwing away leads does nothing for the cause does it.. If you do go down how well do you think you are equipped to bounce back first time of asking?? 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Still a little way to go yet but throwing away leads does nothing for the cause does it.. If you do go down how well do you think you are equipped to bounce back first time of asking?? 

We'll definitely lose the majority of our best players. Rashica will definitely leave one way or the other; and I also can't imagine the likes of Klaassen, Pavlenka, Augustinsson or Eggestein staying put and playing for us in 2. Liga either. We also loaned out players like Selke or Bittencourt and only would be able to sign them on a permanent basis if we stayed up. So with our limited financial resources it could well be the beginning of the end.

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

We'll definitely lose the majority of our best players. Rashica will definitely leave one way or the other; and I also can't imagine the likes of Klaassen, Pavlenka, Augustinsson or Eggestein staying put and playing for us in 2. Liga either. We also loaned out players like Selke or Bittencourt and only would be able to sign them on a permanent basis if we stayed up. So with our limited financial resources it could well be the beginning of the end.

That all sounds pretty grim.... Sounds a weird thing to say when you say you will lose all your best players when it's those very players that have got you in this situation.. How much of this is down to the players and how much down to the coaches tactics??? or would you rather not talk about it and just be left alone... :ph34r:

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

That all sounds pretty grim.... Sounds a weird thing to say when you say you will lose all your best players when it's those very players that have got you in this situation.. How much of this is down to the players and how much down to the coaches tactics??? or would you rather not talk about it and just be left alone... :ph34r:

I think it's generally more of a mental thing; the overall quality of the squad and the individual class of the players is definitely good enough for the league and we've shown on numerous occasions that we're able to play some good football - but somehow the team just falls apart completely whenever things start going bad. We've had some very bad luck this season with all the injuries and what not and it seems that after the bad start the confidence of everyone in the team was shot down. We're playing too nervously, start making too many simple mistakes and have no one to take responsibility; I'd definitely say we've got a problem with leadership and mental strength, there's literally no one in the team that I would trust with being able to change the outcome of the match or even rally the rest of the team to push on. So in the end it's probably a combination of various factors - squad planning, tactics & coaching, man management, players' poor form & confidence, lack of ability to deal with pressure and so on.... I'm honestly quite perplexed because we've been having same or similar problems with different players in the squad and different managers in charge for quite a few years now so it's hard to assign blame to a single entity. 

What an end to end game this has been. Late in the match here Sancho hits the post for Dortmund with a lovely shot, then Embolo misses a sitter by putting his shot wide in front of goal after a superb cross from Thuram.

Both sides have played very entertaining football tonight, but Dortmund have been the better side on the evidence of the play.

9 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Looking forward to a foray into European Football again for Köln next season, shame they’ll probably get relegated again though. 

No chance of the latter and the way they are playing at the moment they will overtake my lot soon and 6th place could be yours.  It's been great to see the revival under a coach who seems to know what he's doing - and a crowd that seem to be appreciating him!

2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Looking forward to a foray into European Football again for Köln next season, shame they’ll probably get relegated again though. 

I think that there's a very good chance that Koln could finish the season in 6th place. I can't really say that any of the clubs currently sitting in 6th to 9th place in the table have better squads than Koln's and Koln have certainly been playing better football than all of them in 2020. I definitely don't see Koln getting relegated next season either, even if they do compete in Europe. They have far too much quality to get relegated with the players that they have.

In fact,  earlier in the season when Koln were in the relegation zone, I expressed how surprised I was at how badly they were doing. With the players that they have in their squad, they should never have been in that position.

Now that Koln are finally being managed better, we are able to see how good they really are. They have strength in depth and one only has to look at their forward line to see the calibre of players that they have. Cordoba, Modeste and Terrode are three proven goalscorers who are all vying for that 1 centre forward position in the team. Most Bundesliga clubs would be delighted to have any of these 3 in their squad.

Koln have quality players in most positions and I really can't see them getting relegated any time soon.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived