talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [25. Spieltag] - 6-11th March, 2020

football forum

• Administrator
Just now, Michael said:

Yes, I have just seen that the goal has apparently been awarded to Oztunali as he got a touch on the line. Talk about snatching a goal from a team-mate.xD

Think he did the right thing making sure it went in. Defender was about to get there too!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Think he did the right thing making sure it went in. Defender was about to get there too!

The defender was probably about to score an own goal if he got a touch of the ball, lol, the ball was on the line!xD

Feels like a loss again. We dominated the game, had 20ish shots on target, and Mainz score with one fucking fluke attack. Our performance was pretty good overall, but we seem to lack a real winner mentality. At least we got a point. But fuck me, football sucks sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Feels like a loss again. We dominated the game, had 20ish shots on target, and Mainz score with one fucking fluke attack. Our performance was pretty good overall, but we seem to lack a real winner mentality. At least we got a point. But fuck me, football sucks sometimes. 

This was a crucial game in my opinion for both sides, from Fortuna's perspective, at least they didn't lose, because that would have really put a huge gap between them and Mainz in the table. 

I'm a big fan of Dawid Kownacki as he has a real nose for goal, so his absence through injury is a big blow to Fortuna in my opinion. Fortuna have a very tough task ahead now, but it's not impossible, as difficult as survival may seem right now.

Just now, Michael said:

This was a crucial game in my opinion for both sides, from Fortuna's perspective, at least they didn't lose, because that would have really put a huge gap between them and Mainz in the table. 

I'm a big fan of Dawid Kownacki as he has a real nose for goal, so his absence through injury is a big blow to Fortuna in my opinion. Fortuna have a very tough task ahead now, but it's not impossible, as difficult as survival may seem right now.

Well, he hasn't scored for us so far this season. xD Granted, Funkel always played him as a winger, which isn't his real position IMO. 

Friday against Paderborn will be crucial as well. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Well, he hasn't scored for us so far this season. xD Granted, Funkel always played him as a winger, which isn't his real position IMO. 

Friday against Paderborn will be crucial as well. 

Yes, I agree, playing Kownacki out on the wing isn't his best position. He is much better in a central attacking role, where he has an eye for goal. He made the Poland World Cup squad in 2018 at 20 years old and he played in 2 of Poland's 3 games at the Russian hosted tournament. He's still a regular member of the Poland national team and regularly plays for them. That's not bad given his tender age and the number of excellent strikers that Poland have. I rate him and I think the lively striker is only going to get better.

You have to win your match against Paderborn, if you don't, you can pretty much expect to be playing 2nd tier football next season.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Don't be such a pessimist, lets hope that you are wrong. 

Pessimist? That would be the only good thing to come out of this whole virus shite xD 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Pessimist? That would be the only good thing to come out of this whole virus shite xD 

I know, if I am honest, I am starting to get worried with the rate that it's spreading. I'm trying to tell myself that the authorities around the world will get it under control sooner rather than later, but in truth, I have a strong feeling that this bloody virus could be with us for a long time yet.

Normally 80 thousand plus for the big derby on Saturday - it will be weird watching it with an empty stadium - hopefully Sky de will let the game go free to air so more supporters can see it, but BVB will get used to it in Paris before that happens.

• Subscriber
Just now, SchalkeUK said:

Normally 80 thousand plus for the big derby on Saturday - it will be weird watching it with an empty stadium - hopefully Sky de will let the game go free to air so more supporters can see it, but BVB will get used to it in Paris before that happens.

More like they're going to use the golden opportunity to try and sell more subscriptions...

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It will also lead to more people gathering in crowded bars, and being much closer to each other than in a stadium. Lesser quantity of course. 

Imagine what happened if they decided to close the pubs at some point too xD 

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Imagine what happened if they decided to close the pubs at some point too xD 

Riots! 

Pretty unfair that Union plays in front of their fans though, while others don't. They should have the same for every club. 

29 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Riots! 

Pretty unfair that Union plays in front of their fans though, while others don't. They should have the same for every club. 

I agree but that's obviously not so easy to enforce. 

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/jens-spahn-und-das-coronavirus-minister-machtlos-a-5dea5eed-e09f-413e-bfa8-ad745eef345c

Neverthess I think that DFL and DFB should do something about it as it's also not fair in terms of competition.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator

I watched Juve vs Inter Milan with no spectators in the ground. Now watching Gladbach vs Koln in the same scenario. Guess it's something we'll have to get used to when watching games on the continent! 

So weird.

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

I watched Juve vs Inter Milan with no spectators in the ground. Now watching Gladbach vs Koln in the same scenario. Guess it's something we'll have to get used to when watching games on the continent! 

So weird.

It is. Part of me enjoys it as you get to hear the communication amongst the players, but I bet it's awful for the home team so not have that support behind you. 

Archived