talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2020 - Round 01 - Australia

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MUFC said:

More important then the virus itself. I have McLaren as one of my teams in the prediction league.

I would bet there is a 5% chance the race happens this week so I doubt any points will be distributed. 

• Subscriber

Team principals and FIA currently in the meeting which will decide what happens. 

If other McLaren team members(or any from other teams too) will have to be under quarantine, I don't see how they can make it to Bahrain either. 

Such a mess. 

• Subscriber

Embarrassing if true. If it's going ahead then it should definitely be a non-championship race. 

Although I'm also reading this:

So let's wait for official info...

18 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Disgusting if they do this. Why put everyone at risk instead of doing the right thing and just taking the 14 days of quarantine to make sure this shit doesn't keep spreading? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Disgusting if they do this. Why put everyone at risk instead of doing the right thing and just taking the 14 days of quarantine to make sure this shit doesn't keep spreading? 

Because...

99E7CB7F67467CF4F96FA72A0CA79B8ABE5924BB

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Hope they enjoy that lawsuit if someone gets infected and dies, then sues the absolute fuck out of F1/FIA

To be fair Australia is even more at fault here for letting it happen.

Just now, nudge said:

To be fair Australia is even more at fault here for letting it happen.

True - but they can't run the risks, that would be just inappropriate and reckless. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Has been cancelled apparently. 

BBC says it has been canceled while Sky says it is going ahead. FIA representatives are probably sleeping as it's 3am and nobody knows what the fuck is going on.

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

FIA representatives are probably sleeping as it's 3am

THEY SHOULD BE AWAKE DEALING WITH THIS CRISIS THERE IS NO TIME FOR SLEEP WHAT THE FUCK IS THE WORLD COMING TO

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

THEY SHOULD BE AWAKE DEALING WITH THIS CRISIS THERE IS NO TIME FOR SLEEP WHAT THE FUCK IS THE WORLD COMING TO

I know you're joking there but it's true. The way they handled it is a complete disaster and there's no communication whatsoever. FP1 is supposed to start in about 9 hours and there's still no news on what's happening? Piss poor management.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

BBC officially saying it’s off?

They're saying they've been told by two senior sources in F1 that it's cancelled (or postponed).

Seems to be more journos tweeting similar info.

• Subscriber

"Autosport understands that, in talks with the FIA and F1 teams, a majority of teams said they were unhappy to continue with the event.
Sources indicate that the governing body said it would accept a majority decision of the teams so would now move to call off the event."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/148638/australian-gp-cancelled-after-coronavirus-diagnosis

No official statement yet though.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived