Head to Head
Liverpool - 12
Draws - 3
Bournemouth - 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

People thought we'd walk over Watford and look what happened there. Teams will get desperate now and you'll get these kinds of games where they'll put in everything they have to scrape a point as well. I hope we field a strong team and get this game done.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Look at that head to head xD Bournemouth are rabble man.

I genuinely had to check I wasn't getting it wrong as I was doing it xD 

We just need a performance where we do the basics right and I think we'll get 3 points. But if it's anything like the last few performances after the break, it'll be a tough slog with how out of form we're in.

If Henderson's fit, the Atletico match is much more important... but it'd probably good to get him some minutes in the second half.

• Subscriber

I was thinking about it the other day and wanted to ask - out of Hendo and Virgil who is the better team motivator as a captain? I think its Hendo. I don't think I've seen Virgil get on people like Hendo does. Put the fact that his game has improved massively aside we don't have someone like him to give people a dicking if they are slouching right now.

14 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I was thinking about it the other day and wanted to ask - out of Hendo and Virgil who is the better team motivator as a captain? I think its Hendo. I don't think I've seen Virgil get on people like Hendo does. Put the fact that his game has improved massively aside we don't have someone like him to give people a dicking if they are slouching right now.

I think Henderson as well, I think if he was on the pitch against West Ham, Watford or Chelsea there's no way you see the types of shite performances from our midfield.

I think Fabinho's form is a bit of a worry right now though. He's not looked the same player as he was before the injury - frankly, he's looked like an absolute liability. But does that mean we go back to Gini in the holding role against Bournemouth... or do we give Fabinho one chance to play himself back into form before the CL match?

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Fabinho's form is a bit of a worry right now though. He's not looked the same player as he was before the injury - frankly, he's looked like an absolute liability. But does that mean we go back to Gini in the holding role against Bournemouth... or do we give Fabinho one chance to play himself back into form before the CL match?

I think we should give Fabinho more time. Remember he wasn't so confident when he first started and I think he'll come good. The only risk is that he might just get more into a slump. I still think hes the answer to beating Atletico as when he is on form hes the guy who can cause disruption in the midfield which allows turnovers. 

18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Henderson as well, I think if he was on the pitch against West Ham, Watford or Chelsea there's no way you see the types of shite performances from our midfield.

To be fair to Fabinho, if one of the other midfielders isn't on it, it makes life so much more difficult for whoever is playing the 6. He's not been good enough but the form of whoever has played instead of Henderson hasn't been either and has made Fabinho look much worse.

If you drop Fabinho, what's your midfield three?

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

To be fair to Fabinho, if one of the other midfielders isn't on it, it makes life so much more difficult for whoever is playing the 6. He's not been good enough but the form of whoever has played instead of Henderson hasn't been either and has made Fabinho look much worse.

If you drop Fabinho, what's your midfield three?

Tough question tbh. Let's assume Hendo's not fit to start, to make it even tougher.

Gini's nailed on as a starter... then we've got to go with 2 of Milner, Lallana and Jones. Milner seems the safest to pick out of those 3. So Gini - Milner and then... Jones or Lallana. Tbh, I'd probably start Jones again, as he was one of the bright spots in that performance against Chelsea.

The obvious problem there is that none of those players really are defensively as good as Fabinho (while Fabinho's at his best). But I think while he's so out of form, they could probably do better than he's currently done.

26 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tough question tbh. Let's assume Hendo's not fit to start, to make it even tougher.

Gini's nailed on as a starter... then we've got to go with 2 of Milner, Lallana and Jones. Milner seems the safest to pick out of those 3. So Gini - Milner and then... Jones or Lallana. Tbh, I'd probably start Jones again, as he was one of the bright spots in that performance against Chelsea.

The obvious problem there is that none of those players really are defensively as good as Fabinho (while Fabinho's at his best). But I think while he's so out of form, they could probably do better than he's currently done.

I'm not convinced that they would if the midfield is functioning (or not functioning as has been the case) as it has been. A slight change in formation might work. Possibly going with a two and one ahead of them.

Different game at Anfield though. A home game against Bournemouth is one that you'd hope gets us back on track. I'd play Fabinho here myself and try to play him into some form

18 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'm not convinced that they would if the midfield is functioning (or not functioning as has been the case) as it has been. A slight change in formation might work. Possibly going with a two and one ahead of them.

Different game at Anfield though. A home game against Bournemouth is one that you'd hope gets us back on track. I'd play Fabinho here myself and try to play him into some form

I wouldn't mind us going to a double pivot for a bit more of a solid midfield - so we don't feel compelled to just bypass the midfield because we're being overrun. If that's the case, I'd go Gini, Milner, Ox/Keita/Shaqiri (jk, he's still out injured isn't he - pretty annoying tbh because I think he'd be helpful for a bit of a change of shape in the midfield).

If Henderson is fit, I'd like him to get some time... but I do think we should keep him wrapped in cotton wool if he is fit so we can use him against Atletico because I think we'll really need him against them.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wouldn't mind us going to a double pivot for a bit more of a solid midfield - so we don't feel compelled to just bypass the midfield because we're being overrun. If that's the case, I'd go Gini, Milner, Ox/Keita/Shaqiri (jk, he's still out injured isn't he - pretty annoying tbh because I think he'd be helpful for a bit of a change of shape in the midfield).

If Henderson is fit, I'd like him to get some time... but I do think we should keep him wrapped in cotton wool if he is fit so we can use him against Atletico because I think we'll really need him against them.

What's the latest with Henderson?

Wouldn't be surprised to see Milner start one or both of the next two

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Barely anything in it, give that and you’re stopping the game every minute 

Mate, he clearly pushes Gomez from behind with his forearm. Look at Wilson’s face, clearly put plenty of effort into the shove. 

With that being said, we are getting caught out by those balls over the top far far too often. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 2-1 Bournemouth - Saturday 7th March, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived