• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-1 Bournemouth - Saturday 7th March, 2020

football forum

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Michael said:

I missed this match, how was the Liverpool performance and are you Liverpool fans feeling confident with the upcoming Atletico game?:35_thinking:

We played well in patches. Still suspect to balls over the top. Big improvement needed for Wednesday though

12 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

We played well in patches. Still suspect to balls over the top. Big improvement needed for Wednesday though

Hmmm, I just wondered, because the stats suggested that Liverpool were dominant with 75% possession, 10 shots, 9 corners etc.. but evidently from what you are saying, Liverpool's performance wasn't as convincing as the stats suggest.

I mean the score-line wasn't as big as I expected it to be. I'm not sure if Liverpool were saving themselves a bit for the Atletico game or not, but either way, as you have said, a much better performance will be required against Atletico.

I also think that Alisson's injury is a huge blow for Liverpool, because an away goal conceded against Atletico Madrid could potentially be fatal.

10 minutes ago, Michael said:

Hmmm, I just wondered, because the stats suggested that Liverpool were dominant with 75% possession, 10 shots, 9 corners etc.. but evidently from what you are saying, Liverpool's performance wasn't as convincing as the stats suggest.

I mean the score-line wasn't as big as I expected it to be. I'm not sure if Liverpool were saving themselves a bit for the Atletico game or not, but either way, as you have said, a much better performance will be required against Atletico.

I also think that Alisson's injury is a huge blow for Liverpool, because an away goal conceded against Atletico Madrid could potentially be fatal.

I don't think we held back we were going our hardest. I liked our ball movement but we didn't look like the team which had so many clean sheets over the Christmas period. I'll be surprised if we beat Atletico tbh.

26 minutes ago, Michael said:

Oh, we were by far the better side but they had openings.  Like I say, played well in patches but have a few too many chances. I'd back us to go through on Wednesday but also wouldn't be surprised if we went out

23 minutes ago, Harry said:

I don't think we held back we were going our hardest. I liked our ball movement but we didn't look like the team which had so many clean sheets over the Christmas period. I'll be surprised if we beat Atletico tbh.

You sound very pessimistic. Atletico drew 2-2 at home against Seville today, so it doesn't seem like their defence is impenetrable. Also Atletico's record against top teams away from home in recent seasons isn't great. Last season Atletico lost 4-0 away to Dortmund and they lost 3-0 away to Juventus. So Liverpool should at least take some small comfort from the fact that they will be playing at home.

15 minutes ago, Harry said:

If you'd be surprised if we go through on Wednesday then you've not watched much of this side over the last couple of years. We may well go out but it certainly wouldn't be a surprise if we go throughxD

25 minutes ago, Michael said:

I don’t think we’ll get through Atletico. I like Adrian as a backup, he’s solid enough - but it does feel like he’s likely to give up around a goal a game. As you say, an away goal for Atletico makes it unlikely as fuck we’ll get through. That coupled with our form in this wobble and I think it’s likely we’re knocked out. Who knows though with us, maybe a win was all that was needed for confidence to return was getting a win. I’m not too confident though, but it’d be great if Adrian has another heroic moment this season and we do go through.

14 minutes ago, Michael said:

You sound very pessimistic. Atletico drew 2-2 at home against Seville today, so it doesn't seem like their defence is impenetrable. Also Atletico's record against top teams away from home in recent seasons isn't great. Last season Atletico lost 4-0 away to Dortmund and they lost 3-0 away to Juventus. So Liverpool should take some small comfort with the fact that they will be playing at home.

He's the most pessimistic fan I've come across. And Reds on here used to moan at mexD

1 hour ago, Michael said:

0 shots on target

9 hours ago, Danny said:

0 shots on target

Are you sure that Liverpool had 0 shots on target? The statistic's source I'm looking at says that Liverpool had 6 shots on target and 10 shots in total.

3 hours ago, Michael said:

Are you sure that Liverpool had 0 shots on target? The statistic's source I'm looking at says that Liverpool had 6 shots on target and 10 shots in total.

Dunno the one I looked at said 0

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Dunno the one I looked at said 0

Well I initially looked at the stats on the livescore website, which I admit might not be the most accurate.

But the following is a match report from the Guardian, which should be much more accurate. As you will see, it says that Liverpool had 8 goal attempts with 6 of them on target. It also says that Liverpool had 73% possession and that they had 9 corners.

Liverpool 2-1 Bournemouth match report: https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2020/mar/07/liverpool-v-bournemouth-premier-league-live

• The title was changed to Liverpool 2-1 Bournemouth - Saturday 7th March, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Our son said he was blowing kisses to Milner with this clearance  xD  

In some ways that's got to be as satisfying, if not more satisfying, than scoring a goal (or at least some goals). There was little margin for error there, really impressive tbh because that could have easily been an own goal (although I wouldn't have faulted him if it was - he would have been doing his best to have prevented a certain goal.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, God is Haaland said:

How come your son is a Liverpool fan when you're a Manu supporter? Bad parenting?

It goes back to when he was 4 years old and the wife's cousin visited and he was docked out in a Liverpool kit, nothing I could do since then trying to persuade him to support United and when the wife's cousin died in a car crash (my son was around 20 years old then) they buried him in his Liverpool kit, our son is still a Liverpool fanatic and always remembers the wife's cousin Shaun. 

42 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

It goes back to when he was 4 years old and the wife's cousin visited and he was docked out in a Liverpool kit, nothing I could do since then trying to persuade him to support United and when the wife's cousin died in a car crash (my son was around 20 years old then) they buried him in his Liverpool kit, our son is still a Liverpool fanatic and always remembers the wife's cousin Shaun. 

Sorry, to hear about your loss, mate. :|

Archived