talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 2-0 Man City - Sunday 8th March, 2020

football forum

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

Only Lucas and that was at the beginning of the season. He’s decent enough James but his decision making isn’t that good and neither is his end product, if he didn’t have that blistering pace he wouldn’t be at Old Trafford.

Wan Bissaka is just a superior footballer and will hold down a spot in United’s first eleven for years to come, James won’t.

We'll see, won't we?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Danny said:

That’s not how debates end :cardY:

What's to debate!? I can't predict the future here. Wan Bissaka could have both of his ACLs explode tomorrow and never play again and James could only play another three games in his career.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

What's to debate!? I can't predict the future here. Wan Bissaka could have both of his ACLs explode tomorrow and never play again and James could only play another three games in his career.

You could throw in some unrelated arguments that leads us to arguing about religion and politics instead of James and Wan Bissaka. That’s always a good tactic 

Just now, Danny said:

You could throw in some unrelated arguments that leads us to arguing about religion and politics instead of James and Wan Bissaka. That’s always a good tactic 

I'm okay xD I'd much prefer it if the discussion degenerated into a diatribe over 'plastics', 'gloryhunters', and 'locals'. For instance: 'Manchesta Citeh is real Manc, Yernited is for daytrippers with prawn sandwhiches...ugly cunt'.

26 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'm okay xD I'd much prefer it if the discussion degenerated into a diatribe over 'plastics', 'gloryhunters', and 'locals'. For instance: 'Manchesta Citeh is real Manc, Yernited is for daytrippers with prawn sandwhiches...ugly cunt'.

Raging arguments through the night about locals/glory hunters is a thing of the past on this forum unfortunately 😂

Guardiola really needs to buy some quality defenders in the summer. Otamendi is a liability, he commits way too many fouls and he gets done at the highest level too many times. He's a good defender but he's not an elite defensive player. Fernandinho is not a natural defender and Zinchenko is not a natural left-back, their natural positions are in midfield. Fernandinho does a decent job in defence, but he doesn't play as well as he does in midfield. The same can be said of Zinchenko, who's an excellent crosser of the ball, but he's not a natural fullback or defender. 

Pep needs to buy some natural central defenders and fullbacks instead of playing certain players out of position, because this is actually costing City precious points.

• Subscriber

All this really will make more sense when we find out City's fate in the CL and the rest of their adventures next season. If City take this kind of game to the CL second round they'll get ejected very fast. 

5 hours ago, Danny said:

Raging arguments through the night about locals/glory hunters is a thing of the past on this forum unfortunately 😂

Yeah, i killed that off when i pointed out united are not even a Manchester club :8_laughing: ..when they moved out of Manchester 100+ years ago they should of changed the name to Trafford too :coffee: Trafford Red Sox has a nice ring to it :ph34r:

7 hours ago, Michael said:

Guardiola really needs to buy some quality defenders in the summer. Otamendi is a liability, he commits way too many fouls and he gets done at the highest level too many times. He's a good defender but he's not an elite defensive player. Fernandinho is not a natural defender and Zinchenko is not a natural left-back, their natural positions are in midfield. Fernandinho does a decent job in defence, but he doesn't play as well as he does in midfield. The same can be said of Zinchenko, who's an excellent crosser of the ball, but he's not a natural fullback or defender. 

Pep needs to buy some natural central defenders and fullbacks instead of playing certain players out of position, because this is actually costing City precious points.

How much has he spent on defenders since he went there? He must have spent £200m on full backs alone. Stones and Laporte were around £50m each as well.

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

How much has he spent on defenders since he went there? He must have spent £200m on full backs alone. Stones and Laporte were around £50m each as well.

Laporte is injury prone and Stones who has also had troubles with injuries, always makes loads of mistakes when he plays. As for the fullback positions, the right-back position is well covered, with Cancelo and Walker two quality players. But at left-back City only really have one player for that position in Mendy. There aren't any other natural left-backs at the club. 

So my point is that he should buy quality players in these positions who are not injury prone. Otamendi and Stones are not good enough at the highest level in my opinion and while I rate Laporte, he seems to be a cripple. Zinchenko shouldn't be playing at left-back, perhaps City can get away with playing him there when they are playing inferior opposition, where they can utilize Zinchenko's superb crossing ability. But against top teams, he's a huge liability in that position. Having just one recognised left-back in Mendy, is not good enough for a club of City's stature.

10 hours ago, Machado said:

"Guardiola needs to buy" is never a good start to a post :ph34r:

I was gonna say.

That's usually how HB's posts start after they lost: Players a,b & c are trash. We're gonna replace em with players x, y & z. Next season we're going to be unstoppable. :banana:

One or two seasons later: Players x, y & z are trash. We're going to replace em with players k, l & m. :banana:

This is  the PL fan cycle.

Have any of City's defenders really improved at all with Guardiola? He seemed to be getting a tune out of Stones for short time but that's gone away again. 

More generally it's weird how the squad's motivation has just plummeted. It's really like they're built to dominate and then don't know how to respond when things don't go to plan. 

8 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Yeah, i killed that off when i pointed out united are not even a Manchester club :8_laughing: ..when they moved out of Manchester 100+ years ago they should of changed the name to Trafford too :coffee: Trafford Red Sox has a nice ring to it :ph34r:

Shows what you know...they usually wear black sox

8 hours ago, LFCMike said:

He spent roughly € 500mio on GKs, fullbacks, centerbacks and defensive midfielders combined. On FBs only he spent €232mio. On CBs only he spent €~125mio. Otamendi, who cost €45mio, was bought one season before Guardiola's arrival. Mangala, who cost the same, was bought two seasons before Guardiola's arrival.

10 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

He spent roughly € 500mio on GKs, fullbacks, centerbacks and defensive midfielders combined. On FBs only he spent €232mio. On CBs only he spent €~125mio. Otamendi, who cost €45mio, was bought one season before Guardiola's arrival. Mangala, who cost the same, was bought two seasons before Guardiola's arrival.

Mental

• The topic was unpinned

Archived