talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 2-0 Man City - Sunday 8th March, 2020

football forum

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Today wasn't a big game for City. It should have felt like one, but in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't. 

It meant more for United, that was evident on the pitch and it also shows where clubs are right now.

Paint it how you want chuck. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Ole can compare his Pep double medal to Peps two Prem medals if it’s that important 😂

Ole’s team sits back and the players individually do the work because they are big game players, not because they’re being coached to, they are big game players with big game mentalities. Pogba’s form got him the job last season, the likes of Martial and Rashford are players who should be playing at the very top, they’re up for it. These results paper over the cracks because Ole can’t just get his team to park the bus and hope someone steps up for him whilst he’s trying to get the game run through Dan James against your average midtable sides. The motivation to win a famous match against Watford or Bournemouth isn’t there to save him

Maybe Ole is good at motivating his team against the top 6, traditional title rivals of United. But there’s no tactical masterclass or system that United play to, it’s generally just individual moments/players stepping up

I said it's important because it emphasises how well Ole does against the top 6. The fact there have been only 2 managers before him that have done the double over Pep shows that. 

Sure, Ole can't shithouse his way to victory against Watford or Bournemouth, but you'd have to ask United fans if Ole is also capable of playing a brand of attacking football. 

Just now, Cicero said:

I said it's important because it emphasises how well Ole does against the top 6. The fact there have been only 2 managers before him that have done the double over Pep shows that. 

Sure, Ole can't shithouse his way to victory against Watford or Bournemouth, but you'd have to ask United fans if Ole is also capable of playing a brand of attacking football. 

Again mate, who cares that he done the double over Pep? Pep is having arguably his worst season at the club...United are still just 5th. The only thing the Pep Double will do is get him another Summer at the club which is not a good thing for United fans. There just isn't any direction under him, United took the lead because of Bruno brilliance and a high level finish from Martial at a set piece. After that it was just City chasing the game very badly

Fred is another example of a big performance making Ole look good, he was all over City's midfield.

16 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Paint it how you want chuck. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

It's true. League has gone, there is no pressure in this competition now. Firmly believe you wanted it more because you are desperate for the points.

They want the Champions League.

• Subscriber

Advanced issue found

2 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

Thank you, Sir.

He sounds very much like a broken man. His voice sounds like he screamed or shouted a lot. I feel sorry for him

I don't, I was in the back room with my son watching the match live and seeing he supports Liverpool he became a United man for this game and we both screamed when McTominey slotted home the 2nd goal xD

@Happy Blue, eat your heart out buddy.  :hh:  :drunk:

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Sorry but if that's not a big game for Man City.... how can't it be?

It should be a big game obviously, it's a derby.

But let's be real. It means nothing to them at this current moment. And you could see the lack of drive in the players.

They cannot win the league. They won't finish lower than 2nd. And Champions League is clearly what they want.

United wanted it so much more.

Some nice players on this United team, if they can trim the fat useless players and build around the younger players like Wan Bissaka, James, McTominay, and Fernandes, they could have a decent future. There are a lot of players I’d cut on this team, and not just because they aren’t good enough. For instance, isn’t Bailly always injured?

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

Some nice players on this United team, if they can trim the fat useless players and build around the younger players like Wan Bissaka, James, McTominay, and Fernandes, they could have a decent future. There are a lot of players I’d cut on this team, and not just because they aren’t good enough. For instance, isn’t Bailly always injured?

Just speed really isn't he? Will take some coaching to get his decision making up to scratch

But Martial, Rashford, Pogba, Bruno, Fred, Wan Bissaka, Greenwood, Gomes, McTominay, Williams...all very good, just need a couple of big signings like another forward and a top class centre back imo

And of course a new manager xD

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

It's true. League has gone, there is no pressure in this competition now. Firmly believe you wanted it more because you are desperate for the points.

They want the Champions League.

You posted it like City simply don’t care, almost as though they’re above the Derby game as it’s meaningless. However, I will forgive as your my favourite Leeds fan.

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It should be a big game obviously, it's a derby.

But let's be real. It means nothing to them at this current moment. And you could see the lack of drive in the players.

They cannot win the league. They won't finish lower than 2nd. And Champions League is clearly what they want.

United wanted it so much more.

I agree with everything you say but the fact it's a derby should over-ride all of the others as far as I'm concerned. The fact they weren't up for it reflects more on them than the situation.

With three good Goalkeepers, a back four that are beginning to settle, Fred getting married and turning in to Xavi, McTominay improving, Rashford to return and Bruno linking up well with Martial, I'd argue that Manchester United are one quick technically gifted winger away from being a main stay in the top four.

I do not normally post on the PL thread, but having watched this game from start to finish I offer this thought - particularly as if I have any preference I have more ex pupils with City than United - however, the performance of the old man in the middle tonight was appalling - practically all 50/50 decisions went the blue way, the penalty award was missed by VAR and to add insult to injury the Card for Fred was an insult.  Despite trying to be neutral or even light blue, I was very happy to see the 'kids' in  whom Ollie has put his faith  deliver the result - if only to slap the man in black in the face.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, SchalkeUK said:

I do not normally post on the PL thread, but having watched this game from start to finish I offer this thought - particularly as if I have any preference I have more ex pupils with City than United - however, the performance of the old man in the middle tonight was appalling - practically all 50/50 decisions went the blue way, the penalty award was missed by VAR and to add insult to injury the Card for Fred was an insult.  Despite trying to be neutral or even light blue, I was very happy to see the 'kids' in  whom Ollie has put his faith  deliver the result - if only to slap the man in black in the face.

What about the free-kick leading to Man Utd's first goal?

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Just speed really isn't he? Will take some coaching to get his decision making up to scratch

But Martial, Rashford, Pogba, Bruno, Fred, Wan Bissaka, Greenwood, Gomes, McTominay, Williams...all very good, just need a couple of big signings like another forward and a top class centre back imo

And of course a new manager xD

You keep saying that about James and other members have already gone over why he is probably more than that, better than I can. You could also say that Wan Bissaka is all tackling and has poor decision making as well 

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

You posted it like City simply don’t care, almost as though they’re above the Derby game as it’s meaningless. However, I will forgive as your my favourite Leeds fan.

Oh ok fair enough, that's not how it was meant to come across. Wasn't fishing either, I just genuinely think they are prioritising Madrid over everything.

I won't be next season if we beat you I can promise you that xD

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

It's uniteds cup final these days :P

29 minutes ago, Spike said:

You keep saying that about James and other members have already gone over why he is probably more than that, better than I can. You could also say that Wan Bissaka is all tackling and has poor decision making as well 

Only Lucas and that was at the beginning of the season. He’s decent enough James but his decision making isn’t that good and neither is his end product, if he didn’t have that blistering pace he wouldn’t be at Old Trafford.

Wan Bissaka is just a superior footballer and will hold down a spot in United’s first eleven for years to come, James won’t.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived