Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Leicester 4-0 Aston Villa - Monday 9th March, 2020

Kick-off 20.00

Live on Sky Sports

image.png     VS     170px-Aston_Villa.svg.png

Match History
Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester (EFL Cup)
Leicester 1-1 Aston Villa (EFL Cup)
Aston Villa 1-4 Leicester
Aston Villa 1-1 Leicester
Leicester 3-2 Aston Villa

Head to Head
Leicester - 42
Draws - 25
Aston Villa - 34

We won't win this. It'll be a repeat of the first leg.

I've been quite a doom merchant lately but results finally went quite significantly against us this weekend. What we need tomorrow night is a proper atmosphere from the off, make the place actually intimidating for the away side, and three points delivered.

We can definitely do it. I just hope we turn up.

I think we’ll revert to 4-3-3 but that didn’t work vs Leicester haha. Ironically we should do a 541 again and shithouse a 2-1

16 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I think we’ll revert to 4-3-3 but that didn’t work vs Leicester haha. Ironically we should do a 541 again and shithouse a 2-1

How many handballs and bad challenges will you get away with in this game :ph34r:?

48 minutes ago, Stan said:

How many handballs and bad challenges will you get away with in this game :ph34r:?

Just the 3, we’re poor away from home to expect to play yourselves back into form

24 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Just the 3, we’re poor away from home to expect to play yourselves back into form

We're poor in general right now to be honest.

Do you think you'll set up like you did for the first leg of the EFL Cup? Defensive and try and nick a goal?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

We're poor in general right now to be honest.

Do you think you'll set up like you did for the first leg of the EFL Cup? Defensive and try and nick a goal?

Nope it will be 4-3-3 like the league cup final

Is Jamie Vardy out again? 

Leicester have been really struggling to score goals recently. Not ideal if he is.

44 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Is Jamie Vardy out again? 

Leicester have been really struggling to score goals recently. Not ideal if he is.

Not sure. Hopefully not. Kelechi has a good record against Villa but we lose a lot of bite when not playing Vardy.

Fancy Villa to nip it 2-1, and I'm not sure why 

Going for a Leicester win here. Aston Villa will score but the Foxes will come out on top. 

Gordon Cowans has revealed he has early onset Alzheimer’s. I think that may hopefully galvanise them, if they can’t do it now when can they

4 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Gordon Cowans has revealed he has early onset Alzheimer’s. I think that may hopefully galvanise them, if they can’t do it now when can they

Sad news that. What do you gather your chances tonight are? I'd say pretty good but I still think the home team wins here.

Tbh it’s not just a rush of blood we’ve been shite all half. 

zonal marking,

lumping it to forwards not suited to it. 

lumping it over small midfielders

playing jack out wide

it’s Groundhog Day week in week out with Smith, a lovely guy but woefully out of his depth at this level. 

I personally can’t fathom why he’s not been sacked, or any of our fan base that think he’s the answer. I just want him out now have done since early December 

And now Vardy has scored too.  Didn't think it was a handball looked more like a shoulder to me.

That's the top of his shoulder. If that doesn't count as shoulder instead of arm then what does? Jesus wept.

I'd be absolutely outraged if I managed to reach that with what is clear my shoulder and a penalty was given against me. Yet if that part of his body is an inch beyond the last man in attack it gets given offside.

Shambolic.

• Upvote 1

Tbh it’s just an excuse for that hapless ginger cunt to hide behind, my patience has gone I hope smith gets coronavirus the fucking useless cunt

It's his shoulder, just it's a weird/unorthodox movement that makes it look sus. 

Yeah relegation it is.
Grealish is going United 150k p/w been agreed in principle already.

Had enough of the fucking club making me ill, so fucking sick of it 

27 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Yeah relegation it is.
Grealish is going United 150k p/w been agreed in principle already.

Had enough of the fucking club making me ill, so fucking sick of it 

Could be worse. At least you're not a Birmingham fan xD

Hope you stay up, and it's possible you do. But you'd need a new manager ASAP if you do stay up. And honestly, it might not be a bad time to bring a new manager in and hope for a honeymoon period to keep you up (although, that could just as easily backfire). 

Ah we so, so needed that. Much better. Took a while to get going and I was worried we had another infuriating home game on our hands but a rush of blood to the head from Reina has allowed us to go in front and from that position we never looked under any threat.

To be honest we didn't all game. Villa were just terrible. It's incredible to think we've beaten them 8-1 over two games in the league yet couldn't do it in a cup semi xD

Vardy coming on seemed to give everybody a lift. Knew he'd end the draught tonight as soon as he came on. Once we had that second it was just a case of how many.

I do think that penalty decision is ridiculous. Never a penalty. It's incredible to think of all the handballs we've not been given lately and that's the one we get xD

Barnes is really starting to crack it at this level. A dark horse to go to the Euros.

Some sexy football on show. That 4th goal was beautiful. 

Was undecided on the penalty at the time for the Mings incident but fuck it we've been done over recently by some horror decisions so about time one went in our favour. 

Barnes, Praet, Vardy, Justin all brilliant. Also showed how much we missed Ndidi as his impact was superb in keeping Villa at bay. 

Think the whole of the squad was out for revenge and it showed throughout, especially second half. We wanted it way more than them tonight. 

About time we turned in a performance like that and enjoyed doing it against Villa. Just seen their run in as well xD:dash3:. Championship it is next season. 

I think for Saturday - Vardy in for Iheanacho and go with that team going forward. Took us a while but once we got going we looked really back to our best. Just hope it's not a false dawn and another instance of a rubbish side making us look good. Saturday will be a much harder game than that.

James Justin was very good. He should stay in the team for the rest of the season.