talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thursday 11th May - Man Utd (2) 1-1 (1) Celta Vigo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, he does seem to love the Community Shield...  Who can forget him losing it when he lost to Arsenal and threw his medal and a young Arsenal fan caught it! xD

2B0B5C2F00000578-0-Arsene_Wenger_walks_s

jose-mourinho-says-the-best-team.jpg

2B0B5BF800000578-3183132-image-m-6_14385

Pity he's always criticised the UEFA CUP/Europa League saying it's for crap clubs! xD

Barça won La Liga that season. Anyway... Even if it had've been true, what has that got to do with all the garbage you've posted?

You aren't a football fan. You support individuals and Formula 1 in its present state would be more apt for you.

4 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Who said anything about a parade? 

xD

39491560.thumb.jpg.6eea34b7f8019bc84b4d3114f4a243e6.jpg

Only cup they "won" that season xD * tied 1-1 but AWAY goal won them la super copa xD 

So you are worried about those team pics? real madrid after winning nothing but just drawing a match below. They wont be called as "celebrations"... they are moments which say they are happy... celebrations are something teams do with their fans in streets. Barely anyone counts a supercup as a serious trophy and thats the reason they dont do the parade for those. I dont even think anyone did for just the league cup alone, not the big clubs atleast but I could be wrong about league cup.

Real Madrid's locker room picture v Barcelona

4 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

You downplay the community shield but its okay when barca wins it? Double standard. Xavi, Neymar, Iniesta, and messi... celebrating a victory via away goal xDxDxD

You and the rest are all the same. Always have something negative/downplay to say about man utd/pogba/Mourinho related. Yeah they wont win the league but its been an improvement from Moyes/LvG. Im done with this shit, fuck you all, tired of getting picked on. All im doing is trying to point out the few positives of this bad season, but messi scores a goal vs rm (even though they wont win la liga or CL) and the three stooges (you, cannabis, and stan cum for days. Fuck yall 

dont leave the forum  snowflake  :x

I generally don't count Community Shields, or Supercopas as major trophies for any club or manager, but that is just my personal opinion. For me they are glorified friendly matches. A lot of people said that Real Madrid had a trophyless 2012-2013 season for instance despite their Supercopa win at the start of the season, and likewise Arsenal last season despite beating Chelsea in the Community Shield. A lot of people also said that last weekend's Arsenal-Man Utd game was Wenger's first competitive victory over Mourinho, ignoring that 2015 Community Shield match. 

Anyway while Man Utd have clearly underachieved in the league this season given how expensively assembled their squad is, if they go on to win the this competition, they'll have won more major trophies this season alone than Liverpool have won in the past 11 seasons or Spurs have won in the past 18 seasons. 

I do think that Champions League qualification and 2 major trophies (not counting the Community Shield) would be successful season for them. Of course whether or not they will have a successful season will look to rest entirely on whether they beat Ajax in the final in Stockholm. 

Edit: Actually this was directed at Tesco dos Bichos and not you Asura.  I thought it had been him who had posted it and is totally directed at him. So apologies because I posted directly from my em-mails and didn't check! ;)

Wrong again my friend...  You're right that a Supercopa/Community Shield or any of those cups which are played in any country as the first competitive step of the season aren't generally celebrated by an official victory parade.  But Athletic Club Bilbao did do it in 2015 when they beat FC Barcelona (remember, they wiped the floor with Barça at the San Mamés 4-0 in the first leg)...

Again...  The reason these things happen to you is what I said before in that you're not a football fan.  You're a fan of certain individuals for whatever the reason...  It's your choice how to follow this sport and how you get your kicks out of victories and if that includes waiting and waiting for these individuals to do things so that instead of celebrating (see, you can't because you DON'T really support a club) you then use that elation as a reason in a bitter manner to go posting all sorts of nonsense on how that individual is the reason for this sport being what it is...  Like this sport would be nothing without them.  Yeah, that general feeling a football fan that has supported a club all of his life gets when all is done and dusted and wins something.  It's about the collective, about that tribal sensation and phenomenon us football fans feel and sympathise with.  You don't demonstrate that and it's all about sole people within the sport and curiously enough your attitude on when this happens (it's the only time you really go all out of your way) is exactly the same as those individuals seems to be in the public eye.

The probable (infact not probable, it is the reason) reason why Athletic Bilbao did this is because they are a massive club and it had been decades since they won anything and the fact they did it in such a cavalier way against a team like Barça's may have been why (all combined) they organised it.  Some even wanted La Gabarra taken out (the boat Athletic have always taken onto the river whenever they've won leagues or Copas del Rey) but the past legends of the club forbade it as the Supercopa wasn't deemed important enough for this.

You see...  I can educate you mate.  If you like I can teach you about football and eliminate that acid part to your character which includes an individualistic approach to your support of the sport.  Because as I've said before, you can (and have done) posted some really interesting football comments which means it resides in you.  If you like I can show you about football so you stop making silly errors that make you look very clownish. ;)

SOP-AP-SPANS-SPANSOC-_Mart1.jpg

1439907399_585483_1439908650_noticia_nor

1439914985_321760_1439915067_album_norma

miles-de-personas-lle-10789406_11.jpg

14 hours ago, Machado said:

It's still 3 trophies in 5 possible. Any other manager would be getting praise for it. No ifs or buts.

Wrong

At a smaller club then this is correct, but he's at United where there is a big expectation. Doesn't help Mourinho's case that he has a reputation.

If any other manager did the same job as Mourinho they'd be criticized anyhow.

14 hours ago, Machado said:

It's still 3 trophies in 5 possible. Any other manager would be getting praise for it. No ifs or buts.

Because they didn't spend nearly 200 million in one summer. 

1 hour ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Wrong

At a smaller club then this is correct, but he's at United where there is a big expectation. Doesn't help Mourinho's case that he has a reputation.

If any other manager did the same job as Mourinho they'd be criticized anyhow.

Adding to that a manager like LVG will not be criticised as much because he doesnt wank at himself standing infront of a mirror claiming himself as the best one ever. 

20 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheUtdEra/status/862749167688593408/video/1

Paul Pogba :congrats:

United fans: "Pogba is having a good game" Rivals: "But he hasn't scored 3 goals, registered 5 assists and discovered the cure for cancer" xDxD

The difference was even more massive vs barcelona and they won 4-3 LMAO

That was away though, the last Barcelona vs Celta home game ended 5-0.

9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Edit: Actually this was directed at Tesco dos Bichos and not you Asura.  I thought it had been him who had posted it and is totally directed at him. So apologies because I posted directly from my em-mails and didn't check! ;)

Wrong again my friend...  You're right that a Supercopa/Community Shield or any of those cups which are played in any country as the first competitive step of the season aren't generally celebrated by an official victory parade.  But Athletic Club Bilbao did do it in 2015 when they beat FC Barcelona (remember, they wiped the floor with Barça at the San Mamés 4-0 in the first leg)...

Again...  The reason these things happen to you is what I said before in that you're not a football fan.  You're a fan of certain individuals for whatever the reason...  It's your choice how to follow this sport and how you get your kicks out of victories and if that includes waiting and waiting for these individuals to do things so that instead of celebrating (see, you can't because you DON'T really support a club) you then use that elation as a reason in a bitter manner to go posting all sorts of nonsense on how that individual is the reason for this sport being what it is...  Like this sport would be nothing without them.  Yeah, that general feeling a football fan that has supported a club all of his life gets when all is done and dusted and wins something.  It's about the collective, about that tribal sensation and phenomenon us football fans feel and sympathise with.  You don't demonstrate that and it's all about sole people within the sport and curiously enough your attitude on when this happens (it's the only time you really go all out of your way) is exactly the same as those individuals seems to be in the public eye.

The probable (infact not probable, it is the reason) reason why Athletic Bilbao did this is because they are a massive club and it had been decades since they won anything and the fact they did it in such a cavalier way against a team like Barça's may have been why (all combined) they organised it.  Some even wanted La Gabarra taken out (the boat Athletic have always taken onto the river whenever they've won leagues or Copas del Rey) but the past legends of the club forbade it as the Supercopa wasn't deemed important enough for this.

You see...  I can educate you mate.  If you like I can teach you about football and eliminate that acid part to your character which includes an individualistic approach to your support of the sport.  Because as I've said before, you can (and have done) posted some really interesting football comments which means it resides in you.  If you like I can show you about football so you stop making silly errors that make you look very clownish. ;)

SOP-AP-SPANS-SPANSOC-_Mart1.jpg

1439907399_585483_1439908650_noticia_nor

1439914985_321760_1439915067_album_norma

miles-de-personas-lle-10789406_11.jpg

Interesting mate, I never thought any club would do the parade for the supercup be it domestic or european supercup, but like you said Bilbao are exhausted due to lack of trophies and this shows how much it actually means to them. 

2 minutes ago, Asura said:

Interesting mate, I never thought any club would do the parade for the supercup be it domestic or european supercup, but like you said Bilbao are exhausted due to lack of trophies and this shows how much it actually means to them. 

They were forgiven for their mass celebration of the Supercopa de España due to the fact that they are one of the great clubs in Spain.  A very respected club by all and I mean all within the country.  If I'm not mistaken, they still hold the record for the most amount of players throughout history that have gone onto play for Spain at a national level.  Obviously football moved on and they maintained their position on only playing players from the Basque region or with past relatives that were Basque.  For everything and anything, nobody criticised their euphoria at winning the Supercopa and plus take into account how they did it which was by annihilating Barça at every level over two games which is no mean feat.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They were forgiven for their mass celebration of the Supercopa de España due to the fact that they are one of the great clubs in Spain.  A very respected club by all and I mean all within the country.  If I'm not mistaken, they still hold the record for the most amount of players throughout history that have gone onto play for Spain at a national level.  Obviously football moved on and they maintained their position on only playing players from the Basque region or with past relatives that were Basque.  For everything and anything, nobody criticised their euphoria at winning the Supercopa and plus take into account how they did it which was by annihilating Barça at every level over two games which is no mean feat.

Few weeks back, I was looking at the list of players both catalonia and basque national teams have (and had), I must admit they have terrific lineups. Without them spain would be nothing in football I believe. I always read and heard stories about how catalonia was suppressed by the dictator so that wasnt new to me but I learnt recently that basque region was also a victim of his' suppression. 

11 minutes ago, Asura said:

Few weeks back, I was looking at the list of players both catalonia and basque national teams have (and had), I must admit they have terrific lineups. Without them spain would be nothing in football I believe. I always read and heard stories about how catalonia was suppressed by the dictator so that wasnt new to me but I learnt recently that basque region was also a victim of his' suppression. 

Don't go telling tales because you'll be accused of a crybaby!  It wasn't just Catalonia and the Basque region that were suppressed by "El Generalísimo"...  Most of the north and even his own people! Many say it wasn't all down to him and more to do with the regime that took matters into their own hands and he turned a blind eye.  Whatever it may be, it's there marked in history.  He paid for the Germans to bomb his own people from the Luftwaffe (Guernica) and just as there are Holocaust deniers, you also have them with this and many other things.  Remember that the regime made Barcelona who had signed Alfredo di Stéfano share him with Real Madrid and that Barça said "f-you!" much to their detriment because HE made Real Madrid into what it is today as they were nobody before him.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Don't go telling tales because you'll be accused of a crybaby!  It wasn't just Catalonia and the Basque region that were suppressed by "El Generalísimo"...  Most of the north and even his own people! Many say it wasn't all down to him and more to do with the regime that took matters into their own hand and he turned a blind eye.  Whatever it may be, it's there marked in history.  He paid for the Germans to bomb his own people from the Luftwaffe (Guernica) and just as there are Holocaust deniers, you also have them with this and many other things.  Remember that the regime made Barcelona who had signed Alfredo di Stéfano share him with Real Madrid and that Barça said "f-you!" much to their detriment because HE made Real Madrid into what it is today as they were nobody before him.

Yeah I learnt about that few months back, I posted just now in Barcelona thread as I didnt want to derail this one anymore.

At the moment, United are an abomination to football. I can understand plastic armchair fans getting excited over a community shield or two, but how can you find anything about this current United team acceptable? There's only so many times you can be 'unlucky' in a season before it needs to dawn on you that actually, we've been gash, the players haven't looked arsed and the style of play is as bad, if not worse than under Moyes. 

James were bang on the money. If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor. Other fans can laugh at us all they want, never gave a fuck then, don't now about how we're perceived as a club. Again, I've heard people say we should be happy with a league club and the Europa final. Why should we be happy with that? Spending ridiculous amounts of money on jumped up spunk trumpets more interested in dabbing and social media than putting in a shift and earning their coin. Did anyone see that performance from Lingard last night? What a pile of shite, but he's scored two Wembley goals so all is forgiven! Fuck right off.

Manchester United as a football club aren't guaranteed anything and why should they be? Other teams have money, the players, the infrastructure to compete and there's no such thing as a top 4 now in my opinion. I just think too many thundercunts are on that team that simply turn up, play and fuck off home. No heart, no desire, no passion except that 'oh well, we play for United and we've made it so who gives a fuck, eh?'. Absolute cunts.

I can deal with losing. I've supported a Rugby League club that have been perennial bottlers for years and were utter  shite before that. I don't mind it though, because they try and play a decent brand of the sport and put (usually) 110% in. It's even worse though, as I know I'm being a right spoilt cunt. I've never had to see my team relegated, never had the hardship of struggling as such, but this current team IS struggling for what it should be achieving and that's the reality. 

Is it Mourinhos fault? Well it was Moyes' and LVG's so why not? Winning a few mediocre cups and going on the worst unbeaten run in forever merely papers over the cracks. If we spend another £200 million in summer (and quite honestly I think we'll spend more), I think I'll lose the will to live.

Fuck off. 

After that no doubt you absolutely adore your club (not that there was a doubt anyway).  That's a big (massive) part of supporting your CLUB in my view for what it's worth as it's only an opinion of mine and I take the same stance as a critical entity in all of these things where Arsenal are concerned.

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

I can deal with losing. I've supported a Rugby League club that have been perennial bottlers for years and were utter  shite before that. I don't mind it though, because they try and play a decent brand of the sport and put (usually) 110% in. It's even worse though, as I know I'm being a right spoilt cunt. I've never had to see my team relegated, never had the hardship of struggling as such, but this current team IS struggling for what it should be achieving and that's the reality. 

Is it Mourinhos fault? Well it was Moyes' and LVG's so why not? Winning a few mediocre cups and going on the worst unbeaten run in forever merely papers over the cracks. If we spend another £200 million in summer (and quite honestly I think we'll spend more), I think I'll lose the will to live.

Fuck off. 

I'm going to sound like a massive boring cunt, but this is exactly how I felt with Napoli under Rafa Benitez. He won 2 trophies but why should we have been excited when the team looked clueless week in and week out? He also spent 200 million only to take the team backwards. He had a similar situation to Mourinho at United, yet it's Mourinho who's doing an abysmal job while Rafa did "great" at Napoli because he won a fucking Copa Italia.

That post isn't to piss anyone off but I needed to say it as it's a very comparable situation. Im always knocked when I have the common opinion of Benitez having done poorly at Napoli yet those same people knock Mourinho at United. I think locals are to be trusted best, and while I'm as Italian as the queen, I'd say my following of Napoli is enough to be trusted.

15 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I'm going to sound like a massive boring cunt, but this is exactly how I felt with Napoli under Rafa Benitez. He won 2 trophies but why should we have been excited when the team looked clueless week in and week out? He also spent 200 million only to take the team backwards. He had a similar situation to Mourinho at United, yet it's Mourinho who's doing an abysmal job while Rafa did "great" at Napoli because he won a fucking Copa Italia.

That post isn't to piss anyone off but I needed to say it as it's a very comparable situation. Im always knocked when I have the common opinion of Benitez having done poorly at Napoli yet those same people knock Mourinho at United. I think locals are to be trusted best, and while I'm as Italian as the queen, I'd say my following of Napoli is enough to be trusted.

Even though you've managed to find similarities somehow, they have nothing to do with each other other than sentiments because Napoli isn't Manchester United and the expectations and pressures due to those expectations at Manchester United (what did I write there... It make sense though so I'll keep it O.o) have nothing in common with those at Napoli mate.  How Napoli ended up on this other than your constant bewilderment at why many Napoli fans find Benítez' time at the club successful is where you should be aiming the questions.

Where they do have something in common is that both Mourinho and Benítez can be considered part of the swine family in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Even though you've managed to find similarities somehow, they have nothing to do with each other other than sentiments because Napoli isn't Manchester United and the expectations and pressures due to those expectations at Manchester United (what did I write there... It make sense though so I'll keep it O.o) have nothing in common with those at Napoli mate.  How Napoli ended up on this other than your constant bewilderment at why many Napoli fans find Benítez' time at the club successful is where you should be aiming the questions.

Where they do have something in common is that both Mourinho and Benítez can be considered part of the swine family in my opinion.

Yes, Napoli aren't United but there is still expectation as there is at every club. Finishing 5th and losing out to Dnipro which was a free ticket to the final isn't what I consider meeting expectations. He spent over 200M and did terribly. That's the end of it. Locals are to be trusted but it also has to do with personal judgement. When I saw the games, his team looked clueless and with some top quality players too.

I posted that because many people knock me for saying Benitez did poorly at Napoli without any sort of context or having seen a single Napoli game at the time. It was nearly the same and he was awful.

Lets leave it there as I don't want this topic to turn into a Rafa argument because of me.

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

When I saw the games, his team looked clueless and with some top quality players too.

So what did the locals do mate?  Imagine the games?  O.o

1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Yes, Napoli aren't United but there is still expectation as there is at every club.

Not the same expectations as United.  They HAVE to be directed under no allowances to winning the Premier League and challenging to win the Champions League.  The expectations at Napoli aren't those and are more in the wishing stakes.

2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

He spent over 200M and did terribly.

I've already agreed on you with that one and he isn't the first to ruin loads of money.  It's been done all over the place most namely Real Madrid with 1 La Liga title in almost a decade.

3 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I posted that because many people knock me for saying Benitez did poorly at Napoli

I understand that mate, but it has nothing to do with any similarities with expectations (there I go again) other than your personal sentiments which I do understand.

Archived