talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

RB Leipzig (4) 3-0 (0) Tottenham - Tuesday 10th March, 2020

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Hope Spurs can turn this over and progress.

I think that is highly unlikely. Spurs were outplayed at home in the 1st leg and the 1 goal loss was a kind result for them. If it wasn't for Lloris's brilliant saves and some missed chances by Leipzig, the Germans could have at least scored 4 or 5 goals. 

At home, I think we can expect more dominance from Leipzig. Of course this is football and a lot of things are possible, but I can only see another dominant display by Leipzig and another win, this time probably by a larger margin.

8 minutes ago, Michael said:

I think that is highly unlikely. Spurs were outplayed at home in the 1st leg and the 1 goal loss was a kind result for them. If it wasn't for Lloris's brilliant saves and some missed chances by Leipzig, the Germans could have at least scored 4 or 5 goals. 

At home, I think we can expect more dominance from Leipzig. Of course this is football and a lot of things are possible, but I can only see another dominant display by Leipzig and another win, this time probably by a larger margin.

They were at home against Ajax last year too, but given how underwhelming Spurs are by this point I can only see Leipzig going through.

24 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

They were at home against Ajax last year too, but given how underwhelming Spurs are by this point I can only see Leipzig going through.

The games against Ajax were both close affairs. Leipzig absolutely bossed Spurs in the first leg and they have predictably taken an early lead hear in the 2nd leg.

Leipzig are a class team and to think that the average age of the team is around 23!

3 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Nothing changed with the score 1:0 Leipzig 

spurs still need a win, scoring 2, 2:1 would be fine

That's very true mate, the only problem being is that Leipzig are the much more likely team to get the next goal.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

2-0 now! Sabitzer again with a superb header. Lloris couldn't keep it out. 

Leipzig are just on another level, such great football. I knew their class would enable them to dominate this game. The Austrian has been superb.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Leipzig are just on another level, such great football. I knew their class would enable them to dominate this game. The Austrian has been superb.

Spurs severely suffering from injuries though to be fair. Pretty much missing a front line in Bergwijn, Kane and Son. 

4 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Not to underestimate Leipzig or anything but Spurs seriously suck xD

That's the usual rhetoric from you, Leipzig are class, but hey, it's impossible for you to ever praise a Bundesliga club.

Just now, Michael said:

That's the usual rhetoric from you, Leipzig are class, but hey, it's impossible for you to ever praise a Bundesliga club.

Did you not notice I said "I don't want to underestimate them"? Leipzig are really good, clearly. Spurs suck though, you cannot deny that either.

1 hour ago, Inti Brian said:

Also, I suggested that Armani was better than Lloris once upon a time. Lloris sucks.

Sucks sucks sucks, is that your word of the day? You were the guy who said that Spurs would win this tie with ease, of course you were right there as always.;)xD

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Sucks sucks sucks, is that your word of the day. You were the guy who said that Spurs would win this tie with ease, of course you were right there as always.;)xD

My prediction sucks.

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

Spurs severely suffering from injuries though to be fair. Pretty much missing a front line in Bergwijn, Kane and 

It's true that Kane and Son are absentees, but Spurs were also without Kane and Son for long spells last season, namely in the semi final of the Champions League against Ajax. Their absence didnt stop Spurs reaching the final and Lucas Moura scored a hattrick to get them there.

Leipzig also had regulars out in the first leg, but they still dominated Spurs. I think that the top clubs are those with depth, where they can deal with the absence of 2 or 3 regulars. 

I think that only when teams for example have like 9 or 10 regulars out all at once (like Werder Bremen have had at times this season) do clubs have grounds for an excuse.

This Spurs team is full of seasoned internationals and they are a club competing for a Champions League place in the Premier League, I don't think that they have too many excuses with how they are being outplayed here by Leipzig. Leipzig are just the better side in my opinion.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Michael said:

It's true that Kane and Son are absentees, but Spurs were also without Kane and Son for long spells last season, namely in the semi final of the Champions League against Ajax. Their absence didnt stop Spurs reaching the final and Lucas Moura scored a hattrick to get them there.

Leipzig also had regulars out in the first leg, but they still dominated Spurs. I think that the top clubs are those with depth, where they can deal with the absence of 2 or 3 regulars. 

I think that only when teams for example have like 9 or 10 regulars out all at once (like Werder Bremen have had at times this season) do clubs have grounds for an excuse.

This Spurs team is full of seasoned internationals and they are a club competing for a Champions League place in the Premier League, I don't think that they have too many excuses with how they are being outplayed here by Leipzig. Leipzig are just the better side in my opinion.

I don't disagree that Leipzig are the better side. Spurs are poor right now and appear to be going through a transition or new direction following Pochettino going. Quite a few players don't seem good enough or are young/inexperienced. This would be a totally different game if Kane and Son were playing. 

Just now, Stan said:

I don't disagree that Leipzig are the better side. Spurs are poor right now and appear to be going through a transition or new direction following Pochettino going. Quite a few players don't seem good enough or are young/inexperienced. This would be a totally different game if Kane and Son were playing. 

I disagree. Kane is useless if his team don't get him in the game and son won't help them defend better or keep the ball, which are areas they're struggling in.

• Administrator
Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I disagree. Kane is useless if his team don't get him in the game and son won't help them defend better or keep the ball, which are areas they're struggling in.

But they're also struggling going forward? Apart from Lucas they seem to have no attacking threat. They're bound to have more impetus if Son plays and someone reliable if Kane is playing. 

They're relying on 3 attacking midfielders in Alli, Lucas and Lamela to get them goals... 

Just now, Stan said:

I'm not so sure this would be a totally different game if they were playing. Leipzigs midfield has run rings round Spurs midfield in both games, I don't think that would change if those 2 Spurs attackers were playing.

Leipzig have controlled the midfield in both games and their attacking players have given the Spurs defenders endless amounts of headaches.

• The title was changed to RB Leipzig (4) 3-0 (0) Tottenham - Tuesday 10th March, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived