talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (2) 2-3aet (4) Atletico Madrid - Wednesday 11th March, 2020

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We won the last game at home keeping in mind of course that there are still problems with our lineup and we're missing Hendo here. But, this is Anfield and more importantly a European night at Anfield so I am going to say we win this game and progress.

Our defence has to play the game of their lives because if they get one goal this will be over as they'll go ultra defensive to keep their advantage. 

Robertson should play for Liverpool, while it's probably 50/50 at this stage with Henderson. Liverpool will require the type of form we saw from them earlier in the season, if they want to advance past a stubborn Atletico team.

I hope Henderson is fit to play - I think our form with him in the side compared to our form without him in the side speaks for itself.

I'm not confident with our recent performances and the fact that we'll have our world class keeper out. Having said that, this is Anfield and it's a European competition - so anything can happen. If we are knocked out, I won't be surprised. If we progress, I won't be surprised.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Imagine if we'd not lost to Watford. We'd potentially be going through to the Champions League quarter final and winning the league on the same nightxD

BRB just getting the violins out xD 

• Subscriber

Seeing our son became a Man United supporter for the night when we beat City I will become a Liverpool supporter for the night too, and I bet a pound for a penny he will knock off his taxi job for the night and I will end up in the back room with him watching the match on BT, the wife can enjoy all her soap operas (Emmerdale, Corry etc) while we sink a few lagers and some wine. :drunk:

• Administrator

Henderson fit for this. Odds go back in Liverpool's favour with his return. Can see in recent performances how much they've missed his influence. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Henderson fit for this. Odds go back in Liverpool's favour with his return. Can see in recent performances how much they've missed his influence. 

Just him or Milner to be honest. I'd imagine one or both will start

Yep, surely one of Hendo and Robbo won't last the whole match. Would rather have Milner on bench to sub in for either of them late in the match.

The one person's performance that matters the most is Adrian. In the matches against Napoli and Barcelona, Alisson's saves were the major reason why we progressed.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Yep, surely one of Hendo and Robbo won't last the whole match. Would rather have Milner on bench to sub in for either of them late in the match.

The one person's performance that matters the most is Adrian. In the matches against Napoli and Barcelona, Alisson's saves were the major reason why we progressed.

Totally agree. Milner seems to do better causing an impact from coming on as a sub. Adrian is perhaps the weakest link in the side but he's capable of keeping Liverpool in the game.

11 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

Are you ready for 120 minutes of anti-football?

You think it'll go to extra-time? I think we'll either score enough goals to progress or it'll be 0-0 or 1-0 to Atletico - but I can't see extra time on the cards.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You think it'll go to extra-time? I think we'll either score enough goals to progress or it'll be 0-0 or 1-0 to Atletico - but I can't see extra time on the cards.

If you score the 1-0 in the 90th minute or extra time for example. Possible.

• The title was changed to Liverpool (2) 2-3aet (4) Atletico Madrid - Wednesday 11th March, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived