talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (2) 2-3aet (4) Atletico Madrid - Wednesday 11th March, 2020

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Yep, surely one of Hendo and Robbo won't last the whole match. Would rather have Milner on bench to sub in for either of them late in the match.

The one person's performance that matters the most is Adrian. In the matches against Napoli and Barcelona, Alisson's saves were the major reason why we progressed.

I agree with this, not only because of fitness issues, but because we need a bit more creativity in the midfield in the form of Ox. Glad that Klopp agrees. 

I'm not sure Chamberlain is the answer today. He can be brilliant in open games, but I fear he needs space in behind to be at his best and that's not happening tonight. Also limits what we'll get from whichever fullback he's on the side of. Hope I'm wrong and you're all calling me a dickhead at full time

More importantly, I think it's scandalous that this is going on in front of a crowd given what's going on in Spain, especially Madrid. But what can you do?

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

I'm not sure Chamberlain is the answer today. He can be brilliant in open games, but I fear he needs space in behind to be at his best and that's not happening tonight. Also limits what we'll get from whichever fullback he's on the side of. Hope I'm wrong and you're all calling me a dickhead at full time

More importantly, I think it's scandalous that this is going on in front of a crowd given what's going on in Spain, especially Madrid. But what can you do?

I have the same concerns regarding Chamberlain but I suppose there's also a chance he smacks one in from 25 yards like he has done previously.

I agree on your second point too

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Its also a penalty because the ball is obstructed from reaching VVD but its okay.

What was the infringement? Is this the incident before TAA got a talking to? If so, the guy had no idea about where the ball was and was already in the air jumping. Wasn't even aware of where the ball was going.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

What was the infringement? Is this the incident before TAA got a talking to? If so, the guy had no idea about where the ball was and was already in the air jumping. Wasn't even aware of where the ball was going.

Thought the rule was also that if the handball obstructs the attacker from getting a chance on goal its a penalty? Maybe I have it wrong.

Just now, Mel81x said:

Thought the rule was also that if the handball obstructs the attacker from getting a chance on goal its a penalty? Maybe I have it wrong.

His hand was essentially by his waist wasn't it? never a pen

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Just now, Danny said:

His hand was essentially by his waist wasn't it? never a pen

It deflected off a player as well and bounced on to his hand xD.

I hope to one day witness a match where someone goes to ground like that and does that rolling around on the floor faking an injury shite and somehow ends up seriously hurting themselves while rolling around. Fucking twats.

What's McManaman going on about players surrounding the ref and staff jumping off the bench? British commentary at it's finest, chance to talk about the "dark arts", psychological battles etc but no just have a whinge instead xD

• The title was changed to Liverpool (2) 2-3aet (4) Atletico Madrid - Wednesday 11th March, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived