talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (2) 2-3aet (4) Atletico Madrid - Wednesday 11th March, 2020

Crashing out of domestic cup and european cup and also losing their first match of the league... all in a span of 2-3 weeks... can this be because of fatigue?

If thats the case, I think Klopp has milked his players enough and won a cup already and will win the league soon (just like with Dortmund with two leagues). If he doesnt learn and takes care of his players and give them proper rest, he will get fucked again next season. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

What hurts the most about last night isn't losing to them, its how we lost to them. We nullified everything they did in the first leg and ran them into corners and forced them to turn over the ball, played faster, got more chances and should really have scored in the first half, twice. The one thing they had was an elite level goalkeeper in Oblak. Extra-time wasn't even the issue it was the fact that once they got the goal everything from the first-leg in terms of our failure to break them down just came to the forefront once again. They sat deep and did what they do best while we just pushed.

5 hours ago, Storts said:

Arguably in the top 5?! Talk about understatement 

He’s undoubtedly in that group and to be honest I’d go as far as saying he’s the best of all of them 

Honestly think the man at the other end, Oblak could be the best in the world. But Allison def in my top 3

Solid game for the neutrals, Oblak was easily man of the match that man is incredible. Saved Atletico who weren't defending as well as in Spain. After they went two nil i was impressed as Atletico are no push overs. Just as i said that Lorente scored, and it was game on. The second completely killed of the game as there was no chance that Liverpool had the time to get another two. Morata scoring the third i was shocked he didn't miss the stand. Liverpool officially needs two more games to win out of eleven and they will count this season as a success no doubt about it. Their main goal was the title and they will win it. However if they keep up this form it won't be in the next two games.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Honestly think the man at the other end, Oblak could be the best in the world. But Allison def in my top 3

I was talking about Oblak

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/03/2020 at 22:37, Pyfish said:

Liverpool really don’t have luck with goalkeepers and errors. Who’s worse? Karius or Adrian?

At present, Adrian is 33 years of age while Karius is only 26 years of age. Adrian should be at the peak of his career right now, while Karius is still considered a young goalkeeper. Adrian has simply never been a top class goalkeeper, he can be classed as a good goalkeeper, but never close to being an elite goalie. At 33 and as a keeper, he should be playing the best football of his career, but as we have witnessed, his limitations are clear to see.

Karius on the other hand is still a young goalkeeper, with a very long career ahead of him. We have to remember that Karius joined Liverpool at the age of 22 and that he was only 24 in his last season of regular football with Liverpool. It's true that he did make some goalkeeping mistakes, just as Adrian has done at the Merseyside club. But Karius also had some good performances for Liverpool. Karius's performances at Besiktas have generally been a real success, since he joined them on loan in 2018.

You can't really compare the two. Karius is already more accomplished than Adrian in my opinion and he has the potential to improve even further. He has gained some valuable experience and he should continue to do so. Many of the great world class goalkeepers of the past and present started their careers off with club performances that were nowhere near perfect. However with experience, they reached their potential. Karius could still fulfil his potential in becoming a great goalkeeper, but Adrian on the other hand has little chance of improving at the age of 33. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived