talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (2) 2-3aet (4) Atletico Madrid - Wednesday 11th March, 2020

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Atléti have been dreadful, you've got to say. Their ability to hang in there is just insane though. 

Liverpool will breakthrough though. They've got incredible persistence and resilience.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can see Simeone orchestrating his team to press higher at times, the problem is when you spend so long sitting deep it’s hard to get up the pitch. Pressing higher allows them a rest from the bombardment but I don’t know why Simeone has to call for it, it works better being player inspired on the pitch.

Just now, carefreeluke said:

Can see Simeone orchestrating his team to press higher at times, the problem is when you spend so long sitting deep it’s hard to get up the pitch. Pressing higher allows them a rest from the bombardment but I don’t know why Simeone has to call for it, it works better being player inspired on the pitch.

Think he's banking on surviving until extra time and then turning it on when Liverpool have hopefully run out of steam. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Can't work out if Atletico have been shit or if Liverpool have been shit, how is this just 1-0?

Could be neither?

Both sides have been their usual selves. Liverpool attack well. Atletico contain and defend well. Oblak has been Atletico's star player. Felipe as well in defence.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Could be neither?

Both sides have been their usual selves. Liverpool attack well. Atletico contain and defend well. Oblak has been Atletico's star player. Felipe as well in defence.

I don't think Atleti have defended well in the slightest, besides Oblak. Liverpools finishing has also been slightly lacking.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Inverted said:

I don't think Atleti have defended well in the slightest, besides Oblak. Liverpools finishing has also been slightly lacking.

Really? I think they've got a lot of bodies in the box to defend with and usually got blocks and tackles in. 

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Can't work out if Atletico have been shit or if Liverpool have been shit, how is this just 1-0?

I think we’ve been pretty good, Atletico’s been a bit more shit then I was expecting but Oblak’s been great.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think we’ve been pretty good, Atletico’s been a bit more shit then I was expecting but Oblak’s been great.

Your finishing has been dogshit though, everything before that has been great. My nan could have scored a hattrick tonight and she's in a wheelchair

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I can't believe anyone thought it was a goal. I didn't need a replay to see half the fucking attack were offside. 

It's bizarre, like the Atleti players looked around thought "oh shit we're all offside", but then just stood still thinking that Liverpool would kindly drop back to give them a chance. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool (2) 2-3aet (4) Atletico Madrid - Wednesday 11th March, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived