talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Are You Scared/Worried About Coronavirus?

football forum

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Right forefinger covered with two big, dry patches, couple on other fingers. Left palm has two and one on the left thumb. All due to continuous washing of hands.

I have been banned from kitchen, because I went to wash my cup before tea, and ended up cleaning it for 10 whole minutes under tap. Don't want to go near the windows or the door. I am slowly going mad.

Do you have OCD? Genuine question. 10 minutes for a cup is quite a lot!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Our daughter has gone into 'lockdown mode' with the two grandsons and the only way we can contact her is by Video call on my phone or the laptop had to laugh as wee Kaiden said to the wife when she was talking to him a while ago when I rung our daughter "I can't come around and see you or granddad, granny, because of this silly bug thing"  xD

2 hours ago, Rab said:

What are you washing your hands with?

Dettol handwash. I have Dove handwash at home, but I don't think it's good enough for the current situation.

I have had this problem before, where my dermatologist had warned me reduce the frequency of hand washing and use hand sanitisers instead. But there are no sanitisers left in the market since early last week. I have also stopped putting coconut oil on my palms before shower (another thing advised by my dermatologist to repair the damage). I used to use Dove, before the Corona outbreak. I don't think it's safe now.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Yes. Have had since 14. I am also germophobic. The thing with OCD is that it gets worse if you are having a bad day. The current crisis (being virus based) doesn't help.

7 minutes ago, Rab said:

Does it have an ingredient called Sodium Laureth Sulfate?

Googled it and its present in it. And as always Googled the side effects. Dry skin.

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

ANY liquid soap is good enough as any soap destroys the virus by removing the fat coating that holds it together. In fact it's better than hand sanitizer as well. 

Finding it hard to trust Dove. Can't see it killing germs as effectively as Dettol or Savlon.

3 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Googled it and its present in it. And as always Googled the side effects. Dry skin.

Do you suffer from dandruff? Most shampoos have SLS in it too.

If so, you're allergic to that ingredient. I am too and I need to avoid it.

I'm feeling more and more worried that I have it and am carrying it, without showing major symptoms. 

I've had a very mild, niggly cough for about a week now - if I go for a run, or a walk in the cold, it makes me cough quite a lot, but just in the office I normally only cough once twice in a whole shift. Also been feeling a bit more lethargic recently. 

Just now, Rab said:

Do you suffer from dandruff?

If so, you're allergic to that ingredient. I am too and I need to avoid it.

Never had dandruff. My dermatologist told me that I have lost the protective layer of my palm years ago (apparently everyone has it), because my constant hand washing habit. This habit had reduced in the recent past, and I had switched to hand sanitiser. But there are none available in the market now, and because of Corona I am washing my hands more than usual.

Just now, IgnisExcubitor said:

Never had dandruff. My dermatologist told me that I have lost the protective layer of my palm years ago (apparently everyone has it), because my constant hand washing habit. This habit had reduced in the recent past, and I had switched to hand sanitiser. But there are none available in the market now, and because of Corona I am washing my hands more than usual.

Ah ok, I'd look for a handwash without SLS in it. It's less harsh on your skin and it'll probably help keep your hand hydrated.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Finding it hard to trust Dove. Can't see it killing germs as effectively as Dettol or Savlon.

A soap is a soap... It's just a mixture of water, fat/oil and an alkali. Antibacterial wash like Dettol has absolutely no advantage against viruses as they just have some antibacterial agent like triclosan added - viruses aren't affected by that. 

2 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Right forefinger covered with two big, dry patches, couple on other fingers. Left palm has two and one on the left thumb. All due to continuous washing of hands.

I have been banned from kitchen, because I went to wash my cup before tea, and ended up cleaning it for 10 whole minutes under tap. Don't want to go near the windows or the door. I am slowly going mad.

I get that, but as long as you wash your hands thoroughly that should be enough, We have a similar problem at work because there are still a lot of us there at the moment, every door handle, stair banister etc but we are luckier than most because of the level of hygiene that's already in place makes it a bit easier to keep good controls, I mean a lot of our door handles for example have those Sanitizer dispensers on them so when you grip them to open the door it covers your hand in sanitizer, you also can't get to where you are working unless you follow a strict procedure of clothing and washing so we are probably a lot better off than most in that regard... 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Seems a bit like overkill but I was reading somewhere that one company had set up an alarm that went off every 30 minutes of their working day and the employees had to get up and go and wash their hands... To be honest, our lot upstairs could have done with something like that in place, their hygiene levels are so fucking poor in comparison to what we have to do downstairs I am surprised they get away with it... not washing and drying their hands after going to the toilet etc, leaving the canteen sink full of unwashed plates and bowls and don't get me started on the state of the floors the poor cleaners have to deal with each day... 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I get that, but as long as you wash your hands thoroughly that should be enough, We have a similar problem at work because there are still a lot of us there at the moment, every door handle, stair banister etc but we are luckier than most because of the level of hygiene that's already in place makes it a bit easier to keep good controls, I mean a lot of our door handles for example have those Sanitizer dispensers on them so when you grip them to open the door it covers your hand in sanitizer, you also can't get to where you are working unless you follow a strict procedure of clothing and washing so we are probably a lot better off than most in that regard... 

Seems a bit like overkill but I was reading somewhere that one company had set up an alarm that went off every 30 minutes of their working day and the employees had to get up and go and wash their hands... To be honest, our lot upstairs could have done with something like that in place, their hygiene levels are so fucking poor in comparison to what we have to do downstairs I am surprised they get away with it... not washing and drying their hands after going to the toilet etc, leaving the canteen sink full of unwashed plates and bowls and don't get me started on the state of the floors the poor cleaners have to deal with each day... 

If there's one thing this virus improves is people's awareness of self hygiene xD

The amount of people I see at football matches walk in and out of the loos without washing their hands is disgusting. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

If there's one thing this virus improves is people's awareness of self hygiene xD

The amount of people I see at football matches walk in and out of the loos without washing their hands is disgusting. 

washing-hands-source.jpg

Bosnia wins !

32 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I'm feeling more and more worried that I have it and am carrying it, without showing major symptoms. 

I've had a very mild, niggly cough for about a week now - if I go for a run, or a walk in the cold, it makes me cough quite a lot, but just in the office I normally only cough once twice in a whole shift. Also been feeling a bit more lethargic recently. 

Thought I got over my week of feeling very unwell. But up pops the cough again brining it almost into week 3 of coughing. Life hey 

4 hours ago, nudge said:

A soap is a soap... It's just a mixture of water, fat/oil and an alkali. Antibacterial wash like Dettol has absolutely no advantage against viruses as they just have some antibacterial agent like triclosan added - viruses aren't affected by that. 

After you ruined Dettol for me, I ended up calling my dermatologist. He has told me to use Soapex, alongwith an aloevera based moisturiser for the dark spots since I am unwilling to put coconut oil anymore. 

On a brighter note, because of you I know more about triclosan now after having read pages about it on the internet :D.

• Subscriber
On 23/03/2020 at 11:36, Inverted said:

Similar for me. Had a runny nose last Tuesday. Developed into a phlegm cough by Thursday. Cough still lingering now and still having to pop my ears at times throughout the day. Not leaving the house now anyway so hope it passes.

When I went out for my prison yard allowed walk I found it funny the way people avoid each other. Crossing the road. Waiting for people to pass from a distance. 

What was obvious however was that it was older people doing the avoiding. Young one's didn't move didn't care.

After all of this adulthood might need to be redefined as starting aged 30 or 40. When you're 14 and well behaved they call you mature for your age. We are going to have to start using that for 25 year olds.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

When I went out for my prison yard allowed walk I found it funny the way people avoid each other. Crossing the road. Waiting for people to pass from a distance. 

What was obvious however was that it was older people doing the avoiding. Young one's didn't move didn't care.

After all of this adulthood might need to be redefined as starting aged 30 or 40. When you're 14 and well behaved they call you mature for your age. We are going to have to start using that for 25 year olds.

Is your condition improving?

I have just been over the road to find out that our local Sainsburys has decided to only allow 1 in and 1 out of it's store at a time... So everyone waiting to get in is gathered together outside in a large group??? Kind of defeats the object of keeping  groups  to a minimum really, would like to know who came up with that brain fart.. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I have just been over the road to find out that our local Sainsburys has decided to only allow 1 in and 1 out of it's store at a time... So everyone waiting to get in is gathered together outside in a large group??? Kind of defeats the object of keeping  groups  to a minimum really, would like to know who came up with that brain fart.. 

Another example of people being huge twats. It isn't Sainsbury's fault. They are trying to at least make sure what happens on their premises is in line with the guidance they have been given. It isn't their responsibility to get the people waiting outside to act like grown-ups. They could probably hire a primary school teacher part-time to line them up outside the door. "Single file please, and make sure you keep two metres from the person next to you". But that would require the general public to demonstrate the intelligence of discipline exhibited by most 7 year olds and on the evidence of the last few days and weeks I wouldn't bank on it.

I see in India they have been going around painting small white circles two metres apart on the pavement outside shops for those waiting to enter. A simple and elegant solution. Again, I can't see our "blitz spirit but also every man for himself" population being quite as sensible with that though.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Is your condition improving?

Yes thanks. Almost out of the woods now. Last few coughs and nose blowing. It's 1 week today since the cough started. Had hoped based on NHS advice I could be ok by now but reckon 1 or 2 more days.

Archived