talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Are You Scared/Worried About Coronavirus?

football forum

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Another example of people being huge twats. It isn't Sainsbury's fault. They are trying to at least make sure what happens on their premises is in line with the guidance they have been given. It isn't their responsibility to get the people waiting outside to act like grown-ups. They could probably hire a primary school teacher part-time to line them up outside the door. "Single file please, and make sure you keep two metres from the person next to you". But that would require the general public to demonstrate the intelligence of discipline exhibited by most 7 year olds and on the evidence of the last few days and weeks I wouldn't bank on it.

I see in India they have been going around painting small white circles two metres apart on the pavement outside shops for those waiting to enter. A simple and elegant solution. Again, I can't see our "blitz spirit but also every man for himself" population being quite as sensible with that though.

What I find bizzare about it is that this is not a small Shop, you could have up to 10 people in there and each one could have a whole aisle to themselves so it's big enough to accommodate more than 1 at a time... The Chemist over the road is doing the same thing but they are a shoebox by comparison so it's understandable for them... I appreciate people have to try and at least act sensible even if it goes against every grain in their bodies but I feel the shop is forcing a condition that does not need to be so strict hence creating another problem we have all been told to try and avoid... They might as well just ask each person what they want and go and get it for them... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Today is my first day on reduced pay reduced hours which will last for at least the next 3 months.

That’s intense. 

Ive been back in the classroom over the last three days. Almost complete business as usual. Some parents are keeping kids home. Fortunately, my state, despite how I disagree with schools being open in this condition, have recorded 4 or 5 new cases in the last 7 or 8 days. We have just let some planes in from overseas though so let’s see what happens here.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

That’s intense. 

Ive been back in the classroom over the last three days. Almost complete business as usual. Some parents are keeping kids home. Fortunately, my state, despite how I disagree with schools being open in this condition, have recorded 4 or 5 new cases in the last 7 or 8 days. We have just let some planes in from overseas though so let’s see what happens here.

Which countries?

What are the classes like? Is there enough space to have the kids separated or is it just like nothing happened?

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Which countries?

What are the classes like? Is there enough space to have the kids separated or is it just like nothing happened?

Not sure on origin but some have passed through the Middle East I believe. I think it’s returning Aussies. We have a beautiful island off the coast where most are being sent to self isolate for 14 days. 

As for schools. Last week directive was “1.5m apart for kids” and the next day “oh wait ummm maybe just try keep some space”. It is literally impossible to physical distance in schools. We have decided to try in the classroom though. The kids are sitting at opposite ends of their two seater tables. We are using hand sanitiser a lot and there’s been an increase of funding for cleaners and cleaning equipment etc but still, madness .

I literally would’ve said something about keeping your space about 20-30 times this week to the students who cannot help but get up and get in everyone else’s personal space. 

6 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Today is my first day on reduced pay reduced hours which will last for at least the next 3 months.

How reduced mate? 4 days a week? Are you highly leveraged financially? Hopefully the cuts aren't too extreme and your have some space in the budget to tolerate a period like this.

My wife's work forced everyone to take a temporary pay cut of 20% for at least 6 months with no reduction in hours

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

That’s intense. 

We're in write a good position compared to the rest of the world but if we don't go that step further and eliminate it I struggle to see how we won't just end up back at the same point in a couple of months time.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

How reduced mate? 4 days a week? Are you highly leveraged financially? Hopefully the cuts aren't too extreme and your have some space in the budget to tolerate a period like this.

Can be 4 days. Can be 5 reduced hour days. Depends on need. Just have to do 80% of hours that week.

Fortunately I moved out of central London a year ago where my rent was 70% of salary. It's now about 20%. Current transport costs are £0 with being at home and all we are buying is food.

Be honest. Has anyone actually broke the rules at all during lockdown? Or maybe slightly bent them?

Not digging anyone out here or aim to criticise, just genuinely interested to hear.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Be honest. Has anyone actually broke the rules at all during lockdown? Or maybe slightly bent them?

Not digging anyone out here or aim to criticise, just genuinely interested to hear.

My neighbours haven't so much broke the rules but completely obliterated them. 

On 01/05/2020 at 17:53, Harvsky said:

Can be 4 days. Can be 5 reduced hour days. Depends on need. Just have to do 80% of hours that week.

Fortunately I moved out of central London a year ago where my rent was 70% of salary. It's now about 20%. Current transport costs are £0 with being at home and all we are buying is food.

If you’re still getting close to a full wedge now is a weirdly good time to save

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Not aware that I have, go on one walk a day for Max an hour. Otherwise stay in and only go out otherwise to shop

6 minutes ago, Batard said:

Yeah? Wouldn't surprise me, people justify anything to shape their arguement.

I've seen people coming round to visit others near me that don't live round here, bbq's in the garden, kids playing outside, more cars on the road seemingly too.

And I've distanced myself from my missus for 6 weeks so it kinda pisses you off.

6 minutes ago, Batard said:

I've seen people coming round to visit others near me that don't live round here, bbq's in the garden, kids playing outside, more cars on the road seemingly too.

And I've distanced myself from my missus for 6 weeks so it kinda pisses you off.

10 minutes ago, Danny said:

If you’re still getting close to a full wedge now is a weirdly good time to save

Not aware that I have, go on one walk a day for Max an hour. Otherwise stay in and only go out otherwise to shop

Nothing wrong with that at all, I was genuinely wondering if some people had gotten a little more relaxed.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Nothing wrong with that at all, I was genuinely wondering if some people had gotten a little more relaxed.

There is a trend for that to happen in more affluent areas, those were the parks in London that had problems with sunbathers

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

They had family visiting from a local City where the hospitals had been dealing with the virus. The sheer stupidity of these people in their belief that "We're all family, we'll all be fine" not considering the fact they could pick it up and pass it on to their family. COVID-19 really has shown quite how thick some people are.  

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Nah, do my 1hr/day walk when I can be arsed otherwise it's only going out for work or shopping. Even the latter one I might not do as my dad decides to go some days. 

Thankfully our neighbours around our street seem to be behaving too, not that I expected otherwise. We seem to be a decent bunch here! One of them is an NHS worker who wasn't due to work but got drafted in to do so at Milton Keynes hospital so maybe there's the respect and common sense to not fuck things up, even if just for one person we all know. 

Where I work though, it's utter stupidity (the arse end of Bedford, areas devoid of all common sense, maturity and sensibility). I was out doing some visits the other day and the amount of people I saw just walk in to other people's houses (friends seeing each other etc) was staggering. The 'stay at home' principle clearly doesn't strike a chord with them but no doubt they'll be the ones clapping on Thursdays at 8pm and wondering why the death toll is so high. Seen several families with young kids and 3 different generations all be out walking around casually, whilst I know that they don't all live together, either. Okay, fine, take the chance to put yourselves at risk, but don't start moaning when you put a relative at risk and that loved one gets COVID19 and you see them about to die on a hospital bed through a video call, and then can't attend a funeral. And then no doubt they'll be blaming anyone and everyone but themselves...

• Subscriber

Not bad around here with the neighbours if you go for a walk and all you do is keep a safe distance have a wave and then continue on walking only neighbours walking with dogs or as couples just stretching their legs, our daughter takes the wee man out for a walk from around her flat about a ten-minute walk from here and she will make sure she is a safe distance from anybody, she has just rung the wife and said "Look outside your flat door", she only sneaked up to this flat with wee Kaiden in tow and then went back outside and left a prezzie outside our flat door, all we could do was give a wave to them outside our flat window and they left for home.

It's breaking the wife's heart as she has not been out of the flat for two months and has not been able to give the grandsons a wee cuddle and it's pissing me off as I can't take them up the local park for a kick around with a football, the present was a late Mothers Day gift for Liz as she could not call around here on that day, it's like a book but opens up into a picture book with photos of us all, Dee made it herself, the wife is chuffed to fuck. 

thumbnail_20200503_134520.thumb.jpg.3466dc8a3499e982a0160c67f0acda4a.jpg

thumbnail_20200503_135959.thumb.jpg.30d0c2fe948b9c23c363f7d9c26df479.jpg

A couple let their toddler walk within about a few cm's of me earlier today....as if people don't realise that kids carry the virus. So many numbnut parents that take their kids out and just let them run around into people

Always been mostly an indoors guy, so this whole situation of the lock down didn't affect me one bit.

Went to buy a set of masks on Friday, because as of tomorrow it will be mandatory to use in public transports, closed spaces, etc. For 10 masks, that you can only use once, 7,49 Euros. Fucking rip off.

If these people think I'm going to spend 30 Euros in masks, for the entire month, they can go fuck a duck.

29 minutes ago, ASF said:

Always been mostly an indoors guy, so this whole situation of the lock down didn't affect me one bit.

Went to buy a set of masks on Friday, because as of tomorrow it will be mandatory to use in public transports, closed spaces, etc. For 10 masks, that you can only use once, 7,49 Euros. Fucking rip off.

If these people think I'm going to spend 30 Euros in masks, for the entire month, they can go fuck a duck.

Buy a gas mask or just wear a motorcycle helmet, you can use it forever man.

16 hours ago, Danny said:

A couple let their toddler walk within about a few cm's of me earlier today....as if people don't realise that kids carry the virus. So many numbnut parents that take their kids out and just let them run around into people

Similar happened to me a week or two ago. We moved to the side and this dad and his two girls didn't. The girls questioned their dad and he said to them that they won't catch it. Totally missing the point, if I had it and was to sneeze or cough as they walked past they could get then get it. Next time someone doesn't move I'm going to start pretending a sneeze is coming on or start coughing.

16 hours ago, ASF said:

You just know people will end up using the same mask every day so they can be outside.

On 03/05/2020 at 16:52, Berserker said:

Buy a gas mask or just wear a motorcycle helmet, you can use it forever man.

It's a fucking scam.

On 04/05/2020 at 08:42, Harvsky said:

You just know people will end up using the same mask every day so they can be outside.

I'm using the same mask for two days.

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Buy a reusable mask for a few euros and wash it after wearing. Not so fucking difficult is it...

Few Euros? Most reusable masks here cost 10 Euros or more.

So yes, it's fucking difficult.....

Archived