talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Are You Scared/Worried About Coronavirus?

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, ASF said:

Few Euros? Most reusable masks here cost 10 Euros or more.

So yes, it's fucking difficult.....

Simple layered cloth mask costs over 10 Euro in Portugal? Wow... you're indeed getting ripped off if that's the case.

But seriously even then, if masks are expected to be a part of our daily life for quite a while in the future, 10 Euro is surely not a crazy amount of money to spend for something that will last you for months? Really think it's a non-issue, to be honest.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Simple layered cloth mask costs over 10 Euro in Portugal? Wow... you're indeed getting ripped off if that's the case.

But seriously even then, if masks are expected to be a part of our daily life for quite a while in the future, 10 Euro is surely not a crazy amount of money to spend for something that will last you for months? Really think it's a non-issue, to be honest.

When the first case appeared in March, the were reports of places selling masks for 500 Euros. 

My beef with this is: if using masks everyday is something we'll all have to do for the next months, then surely this item, if not distributed for free, just be distributed at a much lower price.  At least, it's been agreed to reduce the VAT on masks and hygiene gel, from 23% to 6%.

It's an issue for me, because it's criminal for my and many other peoples wallets.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, nudge said:

Buy a reusable mask for a few euros and wash it after wearing. Not so fucking difficult is it...

Yep, that's what I did, all the shops that are open around here (only a few open) have sold out of masks so I ordered mine online and just waiting for it to be delivered, cost me £3.98 with 10 filters supplied.

34ef5e3e-979a-4a5b-9ab6-d616f52bbf1b.png.ca80edcf1ec0c787b7be364fed416129.png

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Danny said:

Do the masks actually do anything? Heard some many mixed opinions

They don't necessarily stop you getting the virus but it helps in preventing the spread of it.

(apparently). 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

They don't necessarily stop you getting the virus but it helps in preventing the spread of it.

(apparently). 

That would make much sense since it's most easily transmissible via droplets such as coughs and sneezes.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

(apparently). 

Was reading an article that said there's little scientific evidence that they slow or prevent the spread and that there's not much evidence to suggest they should be used outside of frontline workers.

Don't really know how reliable the site is though as it's the first time I've used it

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2240288-do-face-masks-work-against-the-coronavirus-and-should-you-wear-one/

3 hours ago, Danny said:

Do the masks actually do anything? Heard some many mixed opinions

2 hours ago, Stan said:

(apparently). 

EW76V04WkAAiCVn?format=jpg&name=medium

The trouble I've see is some people who wear masks seem to think they're invincible and don't need to bother with the 2 metre distancing.

If someone sneezes the virus is on you. Doesn't matter if it didn't go into your airways. It's on your clothes. On your skin. In your hair. This lasts hours. Going home and taking a mask off isn't enough.

23 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

The trouble I've see is some people who wear masks seem to think they're invincible and don't need to bother with the 2 metre distancing.

If someone sneezes the virus is on you. Doesn't matter if it didn't go into your airways. It's on your clothes. On your skin. In your hair. This lasts hours. Going home and taking a mask off isn't enough.

Even then it can get inside the mask, I think they’re useful as part of a wider PPE kit but by themselves there may not be much evidence to suggest that they slow or stop the spread

• Subscriber

That's why universal mask use is the key here. I think many people still don't get it, it's meant not as much to make yourself invincible, but to limit the spread significantly. It might give the wearer limited protection if nobody else is wearing one, and only to a certain degree (depending on the material the mask is made of, the fit, and proper use as well as personal hygiene), but if it's worn by almost everyone in public, the effect is undeniable - especially when it comes to asymptomatic transmission. I don't think there are even mixed opinions here. There's still lack of research on this topic, most of it has been done on medical setting so not entirely applicable for the general public hence "lack of proof", but the majority of it agrees that universal mask use helps limit the spread. In fact, I don't think I've even read a single study that claimed the opposite. 

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Danny said:

That works both ways @Danny I am afraid to say, I managed to go to Tesco's yesterday early when it was quiet with my mask on for some protection which I know is not a 100% but with my health issues it helps.

Now Tescos here have marked up the floors with arrows where you have to follow the arrows up all the aisles one way only and keep a distance from the person in front of you, yesterday I was walking up an aisle following the arrows and doing some shopping and a couple in front of me (husband & wife I presume) was going the wrong way and not following the direction of the arrows.

I politely said "You are going the wrong way, you have to follow the arrows", the guy just laughed and I presume the lady was his wife shrugged her shoulders and said, "So what?", and kept walking the wrong way laughing with the guy.

It's bastards like these that could not give a shit about recommended advice on trying not to get the virus and do things their own way and it's bastards like these who would kick up almighty shit if they did get the Coronavirus and blame everybody else except them fucking selves, people like these are fucking morons.

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

That works both ways @Danny I am afraid to say, I managed to go to Tesco's yesterday early when it was quiet with my mask on for some protection which I know is not a 100% but with my health issues it helps.

Now Tescos here have marked up the floors with arrows where you have to follow the arrows up all the aisles one way only and keep a distance from the person in front of you, yesterday I was walking up an aisle following the arrows and doing some shopping and a couple in front of me (husband & wife I presume) was going the wrong way and not following the direction of the arrows.

I politely said "You are going the wrong way, you have to follow the arrows", the guy just laughed and I presume the lady was his wife shrugged her shoulders and said, "So what?", and kept walking the wrong way laughing with the guy.

It's bastards like these that could not give a shit about recommended advice on trying not to get the virus and do things their own way and it's bastards like these who would kick up almighty shit if they did get the Coronavirus and blame everybody else except them fucking selves, people like these are fucking morons.

You meant to quote to @Harvsky

• Subscriber

Sorry again @Danny, this was meant for you @Harvsky  :D

The trouble I've see is some people who wear masks seem to think they're invincible and don't need to bother with the 2-metre distancing.

That works both ways @Harvsky I am afraid to say, I managed to go to Tesco's yesterday early when it was quiet with my mask on for some protection which I know it's not a 100% but with my health issues it helps.

It's bastards like these that could not give a shit about recommended advice on trying not to get the virus and do things their own way and it's bastards like these who would kick up almighty shit if they did get the Coronavirus and blame everybody else except them fucking selves, people like these are fucking morons.

• Subscriber

Since day 1 of this i haven’t been too worried the way I act hasn’t really changed. I’ve always been a bit ocd and clean my hands far too many times after simply say to day actions( so people used to say) and I actually used to carry hand sanitizer on me to work on my desk etc. I genuinely haven’t changed how I am with hygiene since this began. 

I more than likely had it and I wasn’t even worried, worry leads to stress and anxiety and mentally makes you think you’re worse than you are. I was in a bad way and got told to isolate for 14 days and when I was ready to go back work... they furloughed everyone anyway. I’ve got a mate in Belgium who had it and sounds like he had it much much worse than me. Thankfully both of us are okay now. 

Archived