talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Are You Scared/Worried About Coronavirus?

football forum

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Stan said:

Given you thought you may have had it, did you do anything to self-isolate or prevent passing it on?

Didn't go out for over a week.

Ultimately I told work I felt OK again and they said they were happy enough for me to just go back on Monday.

Truth is I feel like I can't really win. My Mum was ill before me. My sister has then been ill this week.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
15 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Same here. I have cousin's wedding on 19 this Thursday. Don't know what to do. Might be cancelled, if the government brings out an order banning public gatherings. Already malls, cinema halls, etc have been closed down. 

Well they've stopped all public gatherings here and I imagine its only a matter of time before they do it there as well. Stay safe and I hope your family is too. This thing may not have found its way here at the mass scale it has in Europe and the rest of the world but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be careful. 

What is irritating about those who think they've had it is they weren't able to get tested. The people who have had it may get immunity and as such are going to be needed to look after the elderly. 

The proposed governments plan at the minute is for universities to close and students volunteer to help the elderly en masse.

• Subscriber

I do insanity training which is high-octane and really tough. If I continue should I not go full throttle or stop? Reason is, intense training can weaken your immune system.

My boss has determined that the office's schedule will be the same this week (09h00-18h00). 

Don't know why the fuck we'll keep the same schedule, as most offices in the area I work are now closed/people are working from home. The judicial time-limits are getting suspended, anyway, so it makes no sense to stay open full-time.

The thing that worries me the most is the lack of civic attitude, by some people. Stuff like covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze are basic education, yet, the amount of people that don't do it here is alarming, even with the state of pandemic.

The bus I take to go to Lisbon is emptier as the day passes by, but the subway is still being used by a considerable amount of people.

I guess that, que sera, sera.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, ASF said:

My boss has determined that the office's schedule will be the same this week (09h00-18h00). 

Don't know why the fuck we'll keep the same schedule, as most offices in the area I work are now closed/people are working from home. The judicial time-limits are getting suspended, anyway, so it makes no sense to stay open full-time.

The thing that worries me the most is the lack of civic attitude, by some people. Stuff like covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze are basic education, yet, the amount of people that don't do it here is alarming, even with the state of pandemic.

The bus I take to go to Lisbon is emptier as the day passes by, but the subway is still being used by a considerable amount of people.

What do you do for work? 

People's lack of awareness and selfishness never ceases to amaze me. It becomes even more apparent in times like this. The coughing and sneezing thing without covering your mouth. Regardless of Coronavirus that's just bad manners! 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

What do you do for work? 

People's lack of awareness and selfishness never ceases to amaze me. It becomes even more apparent in times like this. The coughing and sneezing thing without covering your mouth. Regardless of Coronavirus that's just bad manners! 

I work in an enforcement agents office.

Yeah, it's disgusting.

20 hours ago, ASF said:

Just been told today that my personal schedule will be from 09h30 to 16h30, until further notice.

Well, at least something changed.

• Subscriber

Our place is doing working from home tomorrow and Wednesday to prepare for the possibility of us having to properly do this in the long run - however I've not yet been set up to do that so I'm spending the two days working out on site all day, which makes sense for now while they set me up.

I don't know what it is about tonight but it's started to really hit me that things really are going to be so shit for a while. I think you need something to look forward to in life and what does anybody have to look forward to at the minute? There's nothing coming up anymore. No sport, no holidays, no gigs, there's just nothing. I have the most money I've ever had and I feel like I can't do a thing with it.

Some very morbid thinking here but I really think suicide rates are going to go up a bit in the coming months which is horrifying but I feel like it's inevitable. I'm usually quite good at occupying myself, and I do think I will do, but I think a lot of people strike me nowadays as being quite down and miserable as a general rule - how the hell are they going to be with literally nothing to look forward to? This past couple of days has driven me mad and I've no real idea why.

You truly do need things to look forward to. It gets you through the shit times. What the hell do you do when you take that away?

9 hours ago, Dan said:

Our place is doing working from home tomorrow and Wednesday to prepare for the possibility of us having to properly do this in the long run - however I've not yet been set up to do that so I'm spending the two days working out on site all day, which makes sense for now while they set me up.

I don't know what it is about tonight but it's started to really hit me that things really are going to be so shit for a while. I think you need something to look forward to in life and what does anybody have to look forward to at the minute? There's nothing coming up anymore. No sport, no holidays, no gigs, there's just nothing. I have the most money I've ever had and I feel like I can't do a thing with it.

Some very morbid thinking here but I really think suicide rates are going to go up a bit in the coming months which is horrifying but I feel like it's inevitable. I'm usually quite good at occupying myself, and I do think I will do, but I think a lot of people strike me nowadays as being quite down and miserable as a general rule - how the hell are they going to be with literally nothing to look forward to? This past couple of days has driven me mad and I've no real idea why.

You truly do need things to look forward to. It gets you through the shit times. What the hell do you do when you take that away?

I know how you feel. Not properly hit me yet but I suspect it will on Saturday when instead of being out and about at a match as I have been for practically every weekend since July I'll most likely be indoors doing absolutely anything to pass the time. Not even sure I could go to the pub with mates or anything either as I suspect we are days away from turning into France / Spain and I don't want the risk anyway. Also have concerts next weekend and in mid April and I know they'll go too. I think I literally have nothing on now until a week away - still in the UK - in late July. Given that's far from certain it's a bit shit really. I know I should be grateful - for now - that I can work from home if needed and am still healthy, but we are only just getting going in this fight really.

The psychological aspect is huge. Self isolating for 14 days, or for old people a matter of weeks, is a hell of a long time to spend alone. Come April and May when the days are longer and warmer it'll only intensify the loneliness and isolation. When we end up on a lockdown then we are in trouble. Practically every bit of sound treatment for mental ill health centres on being able to interact with friends and family, get out and about outdoors, having easy access to healthcare etc. Every last ounce of that could well disappear. Then we have the worrying we'll all do over vulnerable family members etc.

My plan when it all goes to shit is to do what I can to escape - read intensely, Football Manager fot hours on end, music always on etc - and keep in constant touch with people. Going to be a long one no matter what really.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, tlr said:

I know how you feel. Not properly hit me yet but I suspect it will on Saturday when instead of being out and about at a match as I have been for practically every weekend since July I'll most likely be indoors doing absolutely anything to pass the time. Not even sure I could go to the pub with mates or anything either as I suspect we are days away from turning into France / Spain and I don't want the risk anyway. Also have concerts next weekend and in mid April and I know they'll go too. I think I literally have nothing on now until a week away - still in the UK - in late July. Given that's far from certain it's a bit shit really. I know I should be grateful - for now - that I can work from home if needed and am still healthy, but we are only just getting going in this fight really.

The psychological aspect is huge. Self isolating for 14 days, or for old people a matter of weeks, is a hell of a long time to spend alone. Come April and May when the days are longer and warmer it'll only intensify the loneliness and isolation. When we end up on a lockdown then we are in trouble. Practically every bit of sound treatment for mental ill health centres on being able to interact with friends and family, get out and about outdoors, having easy access to healthcare etc. Every last ounce of that could well disappear. Then we have the worrying we'll all do over vulnerable family members etc.

My plan when it all goes to shit is to do what I can to escape - read intensely, Football Manager fot hours on end, music always on etc - and keep in constant touch with people. Going to be a long one no matter what really.

Agree a lot with the middle paragraph.

MH services are already under huge pressure, let alone the people that use and heavily rely on those services and not by choice either. Sometimes that's their only escape going to those support centres, going to groups, feeling safe with other vulnerable users. Take that away and it will affect them hugely. I think @Dan is right in that we could see a spike in suicide or at least those kind of helplines (Salvation Army for example) being used. Sometimes being lonely and only in their own company can literally be the worst thing for them. I really do sympathise with those in that situation. Social interaction, even just going out in to town for half an hour or escaping out of home is key for mental wellbeing for any sane person anyway, let alone for someone who suffers from various MH issues.

It got me thinking about kids or partners who suffer from DV/domestic abuse. They have no escape or will now find it harder to flee. Again, it's difficult enough at the best of times let alone potentially being isolated with that friend/family member in your own home where sometimes people feel the least secure or safe. 

Personally, I'm quite fortunate that my job is based from home anyway. I've had best part of 2.5 years working from home and being able to visit people where necessary and manage my own time. When you're in an office working from home can be seen as a luxury but doing it for long-term can be feel quite lonely and be quite isolating. I'm lucky that I'm all set up properly here with everything I need but people being told to WFH with no prior arrangements - as I'm sure many businesses are in that kind of place/situation now - will be difficult to manage for some. Managing time is key and making sure you take regular breaks. Being disciplined. These are all things you get used to over time but being asked to do it almost immediately will be challenging. And again it comes back to MH as well, making sure you don't drive yourself crazy working because of pressures etc. 

And that's all before even mentioning having to juggle family life if in that position too! Not me as I'm in a good position with no kids and only living with parents at the moment. But I can't imagine what it will be like for a parent of X amount of kids being pretty much immediately thrown in to that position needing to work and look after kids etc...

I am starting to feel quite anxious about everything. Not about getting sick, or even just about my grandad and my parents. 

Feels like we're heading into a time of huge disruption and change. In terms of deaths, the impact on Britain could be almost WW2-levels, with an enormous economic impact to match - hundreds of thousands of people could lose their jobs. I'm not even sure if come September I'll still have my grad job to go into.

Whenever we get out of this situation, I have no idea what the world is going to look like. Maybe we'll rally together and become more resilient and caring as a society, or maybe we will go the other way and life will become even more ruthless and brutish. 

All the while I'm still being asked to go into work like usual, despite more and more people being sent home sick, and the contrast between my daily routine and the increasingly grim picture in the news is getting quite bewildering. 

School’s not looking like they’ll close here. Our union is putting the pressure on. I get closing schools could impact the health service workers. Maybe provide free day care? (Not ideal as same health concerns for them) I get some kids won’t be able to be looked after, and people may lose jobs. But what we are not considering, is the health of school workers. 

30-39 age group get this virus the most. Unfun fact for you there. (Last I checked)

5 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

I have had a cold for 3 days, sore throat, stuffy nose, it's now a dry wheezing breathless cough.

NHS website says don't bother getting in touch until you're worse. Not sure what to do. Guess nothing I can do.

Hard to tell if you have the symptoms of a typical cold/flu or it is indeed worse than that at this stage... any normal year you would just assume you had a bout of flu but this year it could be far more serious... How bad do you need to be then before they check it out I wonder?? 

Basically don't call until you can't breath anymore. I thought we were supposed to be ramping up testing.

It could be cold and corona. I read that even if you have cold symptoms doesn't mean you can't have corona at the same time.

Work is inadequately prepared and they don’t appear on the face of things to be prioritising this. Unrelated to working from home but I’m now fearing for the job. My girlfriend’s dad and sister have been made redundant from their jobs this week and having had a poor year business wise and now this, I am fearful about the future, especially given I have a mortgage and a self-employed girlfriend. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Symptoms have changed this evening into breathlessness and asthma like cough. See how things are in the morning. Bloody massive coincidence if this isn't coronavirus.

Wish you the best mate. Hope you recover. Can you keep 'hassling' 111 to see if you can get tested given symptoms are worsening?

• Subscriber

I had a sneezy cold all of a sudden when I woke up yesterday, thankfully the only symptom that is definitely not part of coronavirus. Now I have a bit of a sore throat, I wouldn't call it a dry cough, no fever and no shortness of breath, but I'll be concerned if my throat feels any worse when I wake up tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Symptoms have changed this evening into breathlessness and asthma like cough. See how things are in the morning. Bloody massive coincidence if this isn't coronavirus.

Ffs, hope it's nothing.

3 hours ago, Harvsky said:

I read the virus mutated in Spain. I'm not an expert but let's hope things don't get worse.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Basically don't call until you can't breath anymore. I thought we were supposed to be ramping up testing.

It could be cold and corona. I read that even if you have cold symptoms doesn't mean you can't have corona at the same time.

Hayfever season on the way too. Fucking hell.

Archived