talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Needful Things (1993)

football forum

• Subscriber

Our next pick is from @Bluewolf who after the recent passing of Max Von Sydow at age 90 has chosen...

Needful Things Poster
Needful Things (1993)
dir: Fraser C. Heston

"A mysterious new shop opens in a small town which always seems to stock the deepest desires of each shopper, with a price far heavier than expected"

Running Time: 120 minutes
Stars: Max von Sydow, Ed Harris, Bonnie Bedelia

As ever, the thread will continue to be open for discussions but the next film will be posted on Wednesday 25th March 2020

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Fuck off Netflix. And fuck you Prime. Pay for services and still have to buy or rent. Just fuck off.

To be fair that's a very obscure movie. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Fuck off Netflix. And fuck you Prime. Pay for services and still have to buy or rent. Just fuck off.

Edit: Link Deleted - Forget that link, I think you can get it if you join Youtube, I am on Google Chrome and logged into my Youtube and the streaming link for the movie came up.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

That's an obscure link. Click at your own risk haha. Starts in YouTube then redirects you to another site.

Aye, just found that out, wants me to join some club, email download etc, fuck that, I might just rent it from Youtube as it looks quite good, not sure if I have seen it before?

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Aye, just found that out, wants me to join some club, email download etc, fuck that, I might just rent it from Youtube as it looks quite good, not sure if I have seen it before?

You may have. Used to be obscure then it was on the TV (which is where i caught half of it) then went out and rented it. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

You may have. Used to be obscure then it was on the TV (which is where i caught half of it) then went out and rented it.

Aye, seen it before, I have a Youtube channel on my Virgin package and just played the trailer and the wife sitting here piped in "We've seen that years ago, that's from a Stephen King book" not bad if I remember right.

• Subscriber

Loved the movie when I first watched it years ago; will rewatch it as soon as I can as I only remember the overall plot but not the details. Good choice though - don't be discouraged by poor reviews; the production might be poor but the story is great, von Sydow and Ed Harris are class, and it's fun while also giving you some food for thought. 

Archived