The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [26. Spieltag] - 16-18th May, 2020

football forum

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Rick said:

I know it’s gimmicky, but I wouldn’t have minded some crowd noises in the background...just enough to drown out McManaman 😂

Right at the start he said 'Dortmund are a side in form' xDxDxD 

14 minutes ago, Rick said:

I know it’s gimmicky, but I wouldn’t have minded some crowd noises in the background...just enough to drown out McManaman 😂

5 minutes into the first game of football we've seen in over a month and you're having a moan xD

Nearly welled up when I heard his voice myself. I think him saying 'Fletch' again will set me off

17 minutes ago, Rick said:

I said this to a friend earlier today. Soccer with white noise is better than soccer where you can hear a pin drop

11 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

5 minutes into the first game of football we've seen in over a month and you're having a moan xD

Nearly welled up when I heard his voice myself. I think him saying 'Fletch' again will set me off

Hardly moaning, just can’t stand listening to him commentate. Knows about as much as I do about these Dortmund and Schalke players. 

Haaland with a nice finish. 

Just now, nudge said:

Live on TV, yes :D 

How are things in the game, Same as before or are there weird things going on with the marking/goal celebrations etc?? Social distancing football... I imagine it's a bit like Subbuteo, no bugger moves and the ball just gets flicked on from one player to another until someone can shoot... xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

How are things in the game, Same as before or are there weird things going on with the marking/goal celebrations etc?? Social distancing football... I imagine it's a bit like Subbuteo, no bugger moves and the ball just gets flicked on from one player to another until someone can shoot... xD

No fans so no atmosphere, but other than that, things are as usual in the game... except for goal celebrations (no physical contact, so looks a bit weird). Also players and staff social distancing on the bench looks hilarious xD Everyone with a mask as well (except the players on the pitch and the ref), although the managers remove it often to shout at the team xD 

11 minutes ago, Rick said:

Hardly moaning, just can’t stand listening to him commentate. Knows about as much as I do about these Dortmund and Schalke players. 

Haaland with a nice finish. 

Fair xD It's much more enjoyable if you just view him as a comic figure

• Subscriber

Knew that Dortmund chance was gonna be 2-0 as soon as it was intercepted. That keeper's distribution has been terrible.

Good finish as well.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Also players and staff social distancing on the bench looks hilarious xD

Forgot about that aspect of it... I should imagine with no fans they don't have a shortage of seats available... xD Can imagine spreading your subs out at various locations around the stadium and then having to call them on a loud speaker when you wanted to bring one on as a sub... What about half time team talks as well... Were they only allowed out on the pitch one at a time before kick off B|

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Is this Schalke keeper just having a bad day, or is he actually this shite? 

That's his 6th league match only. Nübel is normally their No. 1 but he announced that he wouldn't extend his contract and join Bayern on a free transfer instead, so everyone in the club were pissed, fans especially, he had a few poor matches after that and now they bench him.

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

No fans so no atmosphere, but other than that, things are as usual in the game... except for goal celebrations (no physical contact, so looks a bit weird). Also players and staff social distancing on the bench looks hilarious xD Everyone with a mask as well (except the players on the pitch and the ref), although the managers remove it often to shout at the team xD 

This little bit makes no sense to me. I may be ignorant, but why social distance on the bench if they'll be tackled and hugged via marking when they are on the pitch anyways?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

This little bit makes no sense to me. I may be ignorant, but why social distance on the bench if they'll be tackled and hugged via marking when they are on the pitch anyways?

Don't ask me xD probably just an attempt at setting an example for the general public. 

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

That's his 6th league match only. Nübel is normally their No. 1 but he announced that he wouldn't extend his contract and join Bayern on a free transfer instead, so everyone in the club were pissed, fans especially, he had a few poor matches after that and now they bench him.

He was bloody shit for the third goal too. Schalke have to sort out some replacement cause this guy looks useless. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rick said:

He was bloody shit for the third goal too. Schalke have to sort out some replacement cause this guy looks useless. 

Absolutely, he's clearly not good enough for 1. Liga. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived