• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [26. Spieltag] - 16-18th May, 2020

football forum

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Danny said:

Players literally have to jostle and tackle each other, hands and arms constantly brush onto each other. They make enough contact with each other throughout a game that if the players on the side of the pitch need to be social distancing then the ones playing do too. I've no idea what the situation is like in Germany but if it's serious enough for players on the bench to be socially distanced then that makes a mockery of what's happening on the pitch

For seconds at a time. Single-figure seconds, and everyone's been tested. The chance of something being passed on in those situations is minimal, even with the false negative rate of the tests. I don't know what the false negative rate is, or how the Bundesliga are mitigating it, but the important thing to note is that there's a chance someone has the virus. If they're sitting close to others in a group for 90 minutes, there's a pretty good chance they'll pass it on. In theory, short interactions like you get playing football produce an acceptably low risk of transferring it. There's never going to be zero chance, so you have to weigh up what an acceptable risk is and the authorities have decided that playing football meets that requirement, but sitting in a dugout doesn't. We'll see over the next few weeks how that works out for them.

Optics are important here as well. Everyone who can do their job while observing the precautions is; only the 23 people on the pitch aren't. That sets an example to everyone watching. I'm happy to see it because one of my biggest concerns about football coming back was that people would take it as a sign that they could go back to normal. This makes it quite obvious that things still aren't normal.

24 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Disappointing from Koln. While never really the better side for long stretches to throw away a two goal lead is pretty poor. 

The equaliser was pretty shocking from them. The guy beat 4 defenders and scored by simply running in a straight line

• Administrator

Ah there's the 2nd goal. Pavard heading in from a Kimmich corner. He had 3 players around him and still managed to guide his header in to the goal.

Bremen are toilet, they deserve to be in the relegation spots, some team have looked off color coming back after the 2 month break but all things being equal, gotta go Leverkusen -1 in this spot especially with the way home teams have done this weekend, its one of my fave "push at worst" wagers.

How about you guys, what's your prediction for this match?

• Subscriber

Florian Wirtz will make his surprise debut for Bayer Leverkusen at 17 years old.

Leverkusen's youngest Bundesliga player ever, and 3rd youngest in the history of the league overall.

13 minutes ago, nudge said:

Florian Wirtz will make his surprise debut for Bayer Leverkusen at 17 years old.

Is he a a winger? Quite impressive to be starting with Bellarabi and Bailey on the bench.

Good luck to you nudgey :)

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Relling said:

Is he a a winger? Quite impressive to be starting with Bellarabi and Bailey on the bench.

Don't think he's a winger, more of a central attacking midfielder, apparently. But I've never seen him play, so don't quote me on that!

Cheers... I don't have much hope though.

EDIT: just seen the formations, seems Wirtz is playing on the right wing indeed!

35 minutes ago, Relling said:

Leverkusen's bench in general looks pretty impressive. But yeah, Wirtz must be highly rated for him to be starting today at such a young age.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived